• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MUST HAVE Gadgets in 2024?

Abhi5467

TF Premier
Do people really try them or rather are there skilled people who can take the risk?
I've had repairs done on iPhones and iPads. Though the tools were quite handy but iFixit had some reliable batteries available that might be useful. As iPhones and iPads became more complex and software locked it became irrelevant as you might replace the part but the warning persists. An Australian YouTuber , Hugh Jeffreys , tried swapping original iPhone parts to one another resulting in bricked devices. That leaves Apple to be the sole repair outlet to get your device fixed without losing any functionality. 'Planned Obsolescence' as they call it! Regarding iFixit being useful in Androids, they have always been cheaper than Apple, also third party repairs works as good as brand repairs.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
Just checked the prices, 10k for phone repair kit😵‍💫 I don't think anybody will be spending that money only to open the phone by themselves instead of getting repaired by a professional.
When I checked some months back it was floating around 4-5k 😂

Forget about latest gadgets.

Forget also about all your DCs/CCs.

In 2024, Focus on getting your LATEST
multi-color, hologrammed AADHAAR CARD, VOTER CARD and PAN CARD.

When we applied for our 4th passport, the PSC Staff is asking for n insisting on only the latest versions of these cards.

So, your PRIORITY MUST BE TO GET THEM ALL AT THE EARLIEST.

P. S : We got our passports after I gave a piece of my mind to those dull heads.

R!TTER

TF Buzz
I think this is only because of our labor being so cheap.
Nah, more like a lot of people these days are lazy, find it beneath themselves to do stuff which are absolutely basic in nature. I remember we used to install ceiling fans in our home 25-30 years back ourselves. Now even for things like that people need an electrician all the time, ok if you don't have the means to reach it through a ladder or something it's partly justifiable. Your tap isn't working, need to replace it? Oh get a plumber instead - a lot of high, even middle class don't like getting their hands dirty anymore like it's beneath them! Again not for all but I've seen that in so many households that it's more of a norm than exception these days.

keerthirahul123

TF Select
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

When we applied for our 4th passport, the PSC Staff is asking for n insisting on only the latest versions of these cards.

P. S : We got our passports after I gave a piece of my mind to those dull heads.

Somehow i got this all done recently and currently awaiting PVC cards of voter id,aadhar and pan. This is definitely something which all the people need to do.

Infact I was googling on the process and steps and someone mentioned that people off late are taking 2 copies of each. One which they carry (prone to scratches,loss, print damage etc) and one at their homes for backup.

@RAMESH BABU N sir which PSK? My mother went to get her passport renewed a few months and and they did not ask for latest updated versions of ID cards/proofs
The front desks at PSK Tirupati are handled by TCS Staff. Like typical private firm employees, these chaps do not read, do not know and do not understand the exact rules. They go by what their team leaders say. That idiot is not a GoI/PSK employee - but an outsourced hand. I asked him to give all his (TCS lot) objections in writing on PSK letter head. He came back to his senses only then.

I did not leave it at that n gave a written complaint to the PSK Head. I later came tp know that there are a handful of agents/brokers opposite PSK who charge a lot for applying to these latest IDcards. May be, this TCS lot is interested in giving business to them. Probably....

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
The front desks at PSK Tirupati are handled by TCS Staff. Like typical private firm employees, these chaps do not read, do not know and do not understand the exact rules. They go by what their team leaders say. That idiot is not a GoI/PSK employee - but an outsourced hand. I asked him to give all his (TCS lot) objections in writing on PSK letter head. He came back to his senses only then.

I did not leave it at that n gave a written complaint to the PSK Head. I later came tp know that there are a handful of agents/brokers opposite PSK who charge a lot for applying to these latest IDcards. May be, this TCS lot is interested in giving business to them. Probably....
Sirjee all PSKs are handled by TCS pan india - they won a tender or something few years ago
Because in 2018 when i turned 18 i had to renew and they were managed by TCS

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group

Is this account a parody?

Are you real, rameshji?

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I am scared.
Like this
hamster.jpg

At times, all of us have to go thru "I am scared" phase. Even for no fault of us.

Recently 3 changes have happened to all of us in Tirupati - due to rapid transformation because of SMART CITY status.

New door numbers have been allotted.
New Tirupati district has been created.
New PIN codes are now in operation.

So, our Permanent Address - where our PAN, AADHAAR, PASSPORT, RATION CARD, VOTER CARD, eSANJIVANI CARD..... all are LINKED are now to be SYNCED to show the latest 3 changed parameters in all the above cards.

Besides the headache, of explaining this to every time to everybody.... CIBIL record show different addresses....

ALL THIS... For no fault of ours. Uffff....

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
@RAMESH BABU N sir does state gormint actually change pin codes nowadays? I've lived in 4-5 different states over the years and never heard that existing pincodes (area which was categorised for each pincode) were changed in the last 20-30 years.

@RAMESH BABU N sir does state gormint actually change pin codes nowadays? I've lived in 4-5 different states over the years and never heard that existing pincodes (area which was categorised for each pincode) were changed in the last 20-30 years.
Till last year - 517507
Now - 517501

Till last year - Chittoor District
Now - Tirupati District

Till last year - door number - xx-x-xx/xx
Now - xx-xx-xx-xxx

Luckily, our State remained AP.
And, our Country remained INDIA.