• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Multiple Gold Charge card received

arjun697

TF Premier
I had applied for Gold Charge card a week back and the application was processed/approved over the weekend. It was a single application through referral, the person referring also got 1 set of 8k points. However, I received 2 approval notifications, 2 out for delivery notifications and eventually 2 gold cards as well.
One has the correct name - Arjun, as I applied.
Another one has 'Arjun AC' which isn't my initials also.
I have activated the correct one which I had requested for. For the 2nd one, should I just ignore it for 30 days and hope its cancelled by default? No implications for this on CIBIL I hope.

EDIT: After the 1st comment, I'm wondering if I can activate and use this card as well for an year. For an annual fee of 1k + GST, I can use this for the monthly 6 AP vouchers. This comes to around 19k points for 72k spends additionally which I will be having anyway. At the end of the annual year, I can ask for fee waiver or cancelling the 2nd card.

IMG_0609.jpg

Last edited:

ismail

TF Select
Kindly read the forum before asking your questions
i have read the forum again but havent found the answer sir. i am 99% sure the addon card is free, but on the welcome letter they said addon chargeable at some 1k with ** above, and below they mentioned 2 supplimentary cards are free.
so hope supplimentary card and addon card mean the same and i will infer beyond 2 addon cards are chargeable. All these i assume but will be happy if someone confirms

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
i have read the forum again but havent found the answer sir. i am 99% sure the addon card is free, but on the welcome letter they said addon chargeable at some 1k with ** above, and below they mentioned 2 supplimentary cards are free.
so hope supplimentary card and addon card mean the same and i will infer beyond 2 addon cards are chargeable. All these i assume but will be happy if someone confirms
if you would have read the tnc it would have mentioned that add on cards after the 2 free add ons are chargeable at 1k

ismail

TF Select
if you would have read the tnc it would have mentioned that add on cards after the 2 free add ons are chargeable at 1k
yes, thats what i understood, but they have mentioned addon card in above line and supplementary card in below line. there is a thin line of difference between the two, but going by context amex might be considering them same

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
attaching pic about addon card and supplementary card tnc
Best, would be to clarify with Amex support, as they might have different agreements with each user. I got a generic welcome letter stating I have to pay 4.5K as renewal fees for MRCC even though I applied via referral. 2 mins on the call with their support cleared it up.

Last edited:

arjun697

TF Premier
yes, thats what i understood, but they have mentioned addon card in above line and supplementary card in below line. there is a thin line of difference between the two, but going by context amex might be considering them same
Not a separate card. I made transactions of 6x1000 Apay on both the Gold Charges (I didn't mind paying annual fee twice if these were 2 cards) but both were linked and shows up under the same account. So no use really unless you want to split the different types of spends under the monthly statement. Better not to activate it I'd say.