• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25%

thereguser

TF Buzz
guys their is one and only one solution do mnp and switch to BSNL. simply boycott private sector a$$hole providers. then let's see who has the actual balls to raise the price?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Personally for me it’s better. I’ve taken Airtel Black plan (2 Postpaid + Fiber). It costs me 1179(999+GST). I pay this bill using Axis Airtel CC which gives me 250 cashback monthly. And I submit this postpaid bill to my employer for tax exemption, so another 30%(approx 370) tax savings here. So net net I’m paying 560 for this plan.
This is not Apple to Apple comparison...

#aniket

TF Ace
Are you sure its unlimited for jio? Because i had a chat with jio cc 5-6 years ago and they said max 2 years. Btw what happnes if we cross the specified time?
Did you see my screen shot. In my earlier post?

Post in thread 'Mobile recharge price hike by 25%' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/mobile-recharge-price-hike-by-25.26759/post-648504
But the matter is plan expiry won't get extended in case of Jio, even if you do n numbers of recharge.

Suppose your Jio Unlimited 5G plan is going to expire in June 30 and you have recharged again, 3 months plan, then your unlimited plan validity still remain till 30th june it won't get extended like 30th june + 3 months.

Also, the catch is Jio Unlimited 5G works as add on, after recharge it takes time to match the validity with the 4G plan, for few days, Jio unlimited 5G has 23 days expiry only, later it gets increased and matched with the validity of 4G main plan.

On doing recharge repeatability, it's not 100% sure that we will get the unlimited 5G validity as same as 4G plan validity which are in queue if new 5G will get launched, before activation of queued plan.

CC: @Anil_Singh @SSV @its_karan @techt

newinnov

TF Premier
This is why you don't kill competetion. The tale as old as time. No one has any incentive to gain new customers, they have enough to just go on increasing the price. And no foreign player makes it even worse (Don't mention Vodafone it was crippled a long time back). There has been so much incometence in govt (I vote BJP...before you guys take out ur pitchforks) in the past and present that it almost baffles me.

I remember the mid aughts when every year or two you would find a new telecom player with cheaper plans...
I knew this would happen :(
guys their is one and only one solution do mnp and switch to BSNL. simply boycott private sector a$$hole providers. then let's see who has the actual balls to raise the price?
Are you living in utopia or you living in metro? BSNL does not even have 4g.
Their 3g runs at 2g speed.
In semi urban areas even calls does not connect in one go! Blame government or TRAI for killing competition not the pvt. players! They will do what maximises their profit. Airtel though in debt, made donation of hundreds of crore for political parties! That benefit could have been passed to their employees or customers!

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
But the matter is plan expiry won't get extended in case of Jio, even if you do n numbers of recharge.

Suppose your Jio Unlimited 5G plan is going to expire in June 30 and you have recharged again, 3 months plan, then your unlimited plan validity still remain till 30th june it won't get extended like 30th june + 3 months.

Also, the catch is Jio Unlimited 5G works as add on, after recharge it takes time to match the validity with the 4G plan, for few days, Jio unlimited 5G has 23 days expiry only, later it gets increased and matched with the validity of 4G main plan.

On doing recharge repeatability, it's not 100% sure that we will get the unlimited 5G validity as same as 4G plan validity which are in queue if new 5G will get launched, before activation of queued plan.

No one in the right mind will give unlimited 5g forever
It will definitely stop soon.

The question here is, for the plans we paid for 2.5gb per day for 4g data..whether this will be valid for 2.5gb per day 5g data in future?
And my answer to this is ..Yes it will,
in the long run..

Am I clear enough??

dvader

TF Premier
Any State should not be in telecom business except ofcourse for running emergency communication during natural disasters, which every private player aready does out of courtsey and regulatory requirements. It should be a strong, tough and fair regulator, that is it.

Let's for a sec assume, everyone switched to BSNL, you know what would happen later. JIO/Airtel/Vi would hike up their price by 100% cuz everyone will be moving back within a day or two of using BSNL. BSNL didn't even implement 2G properly. Eitherway I didn't count them as telco player anyway.

Anil_Singh

TF Ace

images.jpeg

I learned something new today.

newinnov

TF Premier
Any State should not be in telecom business except ofcourse for running emergency communication during natural disasters, which every private player aready does out of courtsey and regulatory requirements. It should be a strong, tough and fair regulator, that is it.

Let's for a sec assume, everyone switched to BSNL, you know what would happen later. JIO/Airtel/Vi would hike up their price by 100% cuz everyone will be moving back within a day or two of using BSNL. BSNL didn't even implement 2G properly. Eitherway I didn't count them as telco player anyway.
Partly agree, Every major country with stable military has state run 2g network, it may or may not avail civilian though. Because 2g is circuit switched!

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I do believe, There will be only 3 players in telco field in the long run.. one Govt , 2 pvt. unless govt decides to have only two...
WIth the current master at the helm, anything is possible...
they are preparing the ground for another merger...

newinnov

TF Premier
I do believe, There will be only 3 players in telco field in the long run.. one Govt , 2 pvt. unless govt decides to have only two...
WIth the current master at the helm, anything is possible...
they are preparing the ground for another merger...
BSNL is going to stay! till India have friendly neighbors :)
Though Govt may free civilian operation

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
BSNL is going to stay! till India have friendly neighbors :)
Though Govt may free civilian operation
Only guranteed ones are Jio and AIrtel..

Beween VI and BSNL either one / both will go , depending upon the master wishes...
Ground has already been laid out..
I dont wnat to make any further comments with regard to this, otherwise it may lead to unnecessary discussion ..

Abhi5467

TF Premier
Do anyone know about Vi advance recharge will get queued or directly gets activated as new plan on current plan?

#aniket

TF Ace
No one in the right mind will give unlimited 5g forever
It will definitely stop soon.

The question here is, for the plans we paid for 2.5gb per day for 4g data..whether this will be valid for 2.5gb per day 5g data in future?
And my answer to this is ..Yes it will,
in the long run..
Yes, it will but I doubt the plan which are now in queue whether that plan with unlimited 5G validity will remain same as 4G plan or not, after activation and launch of 5G plan officially, since it work as add and for few days it shows (Unlimited 5G) has validity of 23 days only.
Am I clear enough??
Yes bro 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV