• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Maximum amount of Amazon pay gift card for each Amex card or each phone number ?

nilan

TF Buzz
Hi
Unable to buy additional amazon pay gift voucher from reward multiplier .
Error message reads as “ you can buy maximum 25000 gift voucher in a calendar month “
Is this 25K limit per card or each phone number ? I have MRCC + Gold. How much Amazon pay voucher I can buy in a month ? Please advise. Thanks

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Today I couldn't buy more than 10k Amazon pay gift card using my Amex cards (Gold + MRCC) as I got error message stating only 10K gift vouchers can be bought in a calendar month...anyone else facing similar issue lately?

The limit has been reduced to 10K per month since the past 2 weeks.

There hasn't been any official notice yet so this could be it or there could also be further changes in the future.

b4bhar

TF Select
I dont have an addon card yet, that is the reason i want to know about it before applying for the addon card, else would get my number added for the addon cards as well
Addon card is usually for someone in your family like wife or parents probably. So, it always good to have a different number there and we dont have any risk as it is from your family itself. Also, voucher can be redeemed to your account. Its just that the code goes to that mobile number and email id. Make sure you keep their phone with you before proceeding.

Btw, i just applied for an addon card. I might get it in few days

ankur2wadhwa

TF Select
Addon card is usually for someone in your family like wife or parents probably. So, it always good to have a different number there and we dont have any risk as it is from your family itself. Also, voucher can be redeemed to your account. Its just that the code goes to that mobile number and email id. Make sure you keep their phone with you before proceeding.

Great, once received Please let us know if you are getting extra limit for buying Amazon GV from reward multiplier portal because of different mobile number

b4bhar

TF Select
Great, once received Please let us know if you are getting extra limit for buying Amazon GV from reward multiplier portal because of different mobile number
Sure. I will keep you posted. Video KYC is already done today, but no email after that. Not sure, how long will it take after the VKYC to get the card.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The limit has been reduced to 10K per month since the past 2 weeks.

There hasn't been any official notice yet so this could be it or there could also be further changes in the future.
What the benefit of buying these vouchers via Amex? Isn’t the return only around 2% at most? You get 3x which means 6x points. These points are worth less than 25% when redeemed (even via MB). So the real return is just 1.5%. SBI Cashback or Amazon Pay would beat that hands down and Infinia at 16.5% isn’t even comparable. Asking as I just got my first Amex!
See the cash vs. points redemption attachment for MB. Four Points by Sheraton in Jaipur (peak off season) is 3.2k via cash and 15k via points! Same for Marriott Jaipur.

Attachments

• IMG_0324.png
    IMG_0324.png
    663 KB · Views: 10

b4bhar

TF Select
What the benefit of buying these vouchers via Amex? Isn’t the return only around 2% at most? You get 3x which means 6x points. These points are worth less than 25% when redeemed (even via MB). So the real return is just 1.5%. SBI Cashback or Amazon Pay would beat that hands down and Infinia at 16.5% isn’t even comparable. Asking as I just got my first Amex!
See the cash vs. points redemption attachment for MB. Four Points by Sheraton in Jaipur (peak off season) is 3.2k via cash and 15k via points! Same for Marriott Jaipur.
you need to consider the milestone 2k points (1k for 15k+ X 4 transactions and 1k for 20k spends) which you get every month on AMEX while calculating the return.

Lets say you spend 6k on Apay voucher. if you spend using Apay icici card you get 2% return, while on Amex you get 1240 (240 + 1k milestone) points which is equal to 413.33 rs if you buy Apay voucher (can be higher if you opt for tanishq or tata cliq voucher) which is 6.88% return.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
you need to consider the milestone 2k points (1k for 15k+ X 4 transactions and 1k for 20k spends) which you get every month on AMEX while calculating the return.

Lets say you spend 6k on Apay voucher. if you spend using Apay icici card you get 2% return, while on Amex you get 1240 (240 + 1k milestone) points which is equal to 413.33 rs if you buy Apay voucher (can be higher if you opt for tanishq or tata cliq voucher) which is 6.88% return.
Ok, but still far behind the 16.5% on Infinia.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Depends on where you book the hotels and what dates.

Some properties offer ₹1 per point and some international properties even offer up to ₹2.5-3 per point. :)

ankur2wadhwa

TF Select

Bro Any updates?

b4bhar

TF Select
Really? The fee is fully refunded as 12500 points which are actually equal to Re 1 per point unlike Amex.
Amex MRCC has just 1.5L spends/ year for complete fee waive off which is far better than those points after paying money! At least for me it clear on what benefits me better.