• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mariott Bonvoy Name Change

anilkrsh

TF Premier
Hi,

I just found out that there was a Mariott Bonvoy account already with my mobile number and email address. It seems it was created when I had stayed in a Mariott hotel long back. Maybe the staff created it.

But the name in the account is wrong. Only my first name is correct but last name has initials and last letter of my Middle name.

I have been trying to change my name in account but it's not working out. Customer care told me to mail them and when I mail them I got attached response.

Please help out if you can think of a solution. Screenshot_20230928_113528_Gmail.jpg

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I just found out that there was a Mariott Bonvoy account already with my mobile number and email address. It seems it was created when I had stayed in a Mariott hotel long back. Maybe the staff created it.

But the name in the account is wrong. Only my first name is correct but last name has initials and last letter of my Middle name.

I have been trying to change my name in account but it's not working out. Customer care told me to mail them and when I mail them I got attached response.

Please help out if you can think of a solution. Screenshot_20230928_113528_Gmail.jpg
I corrected my name expanded initials through email only. customer.care@marriott-service.com is the email which I guess you sent your request.

Does your account has any recent activity like stay or dining and points balance available? They will check that for security reason.

If not, next time, you visit a Marriott property, they will change it as you will be giving a ID proof during check in.

anilkrsh

TF Premier
I corrected my name expanded initials through email only. customer.care@marriott-service.com is the email which I guess you sent your request.

Does your account has any recent activity like stay or dining and points balance available? They will check that for security reason.

If not, next time, you visit a Marriott property, they will change it as you will be giving a ID proof during check in.
Actually there is no activity on my account. I dont even see the super old booking which would have led to this account creation.

Also the email Id didn't work. I gave up and asked to delete my account.

vagrantadam

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Actually there is no activity on my account. I dont even see the super old booking which would have led to this account creation.

Also the email Id didn't work. I gave up and asked to delete my account.
I am facing the same problem. Not able to get the name changed.let me know if deleting the account and recreating one will help. Thanks

anilkrsh

TF Premier
Just to update everyone, after deleting account I registered again with same email and phone number. I was able to create a brand new account with diff membership no and correct name!!!

vagrantadam

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had my name on Amex account changed after speaking to the customer care to match that on the Marriott account (they needed valid ID). After that I was able to transfer Amex points to MB without any hassle.