• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Maintaining 10L MAB in a 4 year old IDFC Savings account. How to get the Wealth CC?

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'll keep it succinct. I hold an IDFC Savings account for 4 years now. I have been maintaining 10L MAB for 2 months now. How do I get Wealth CC?

The RM and BM have unfortunately not been helpful. I do have other premium CC with 8L+ limits (DCB, Sapphiro, etc). The RM did promise to put up a request for Wealth savings account, but I have been disappointed about 7-9 times in the past. I've stopped keeping hope from IDFC.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
As you have a Select account with them. You must have a RM assigned. Contact him and ask for a credit card.
People are offered WOW card if they are not in a credit card-sourcing city. having a branch in your location doesn't guarantee it is a serviceable zone.
A small addition to your point.

If the branch is listed on the IDFC website there are high chances you will get other than Wow card. I have IDFC bank branch which is not listed on their website so only WOW card offer comes for me.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
A small addition to your point.

If the branch is listed on the IDFC website there are high chances you will get other than Wow card. I have IDFC bank branch which is not listed on their website so only WOW card offer comes for me.
Same problem bro 😭

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Batman
Here are few suggestions,
1) While applying online put salary around 3L per month, and do C2C using your DCB, it will improve chances of getting wealth
2) Take Select card if you are getting it and later try to upgrade it.

Here is what I did:
1) Took IDFC Select in April 2024, got it with a CL of 3.5L, didn't give much thought about wealth, later came to know about wealth
2) Asked them for upgrade to Wealth, they asked me wait for 6 months, I waited for 6 months
3) Spend 15k in first month to get 500 coupon and later spent avg of 10k per month for rest of the months
4) After 6 months asked for upgrade to wealth by sending my credit card statement, they denied and asked me to send income documents for CL increase and then if CL crosses 5L they would upgrade
5) Sent them salary slips, credit card statement (there was back and forth for a month as for reason they were unable to download documents which I have sent)
6) Raised a closure request, team called me back and told they will personally look into it and asked me to merge all documents and send it as a single PDF
7) Sent all documents as single PDF got a limit increase, new limit was 3.9 L, so no upgrade
8) This time I was determined to close the card to reduce my leverage, raised a closure request
9) Got a call from retention team, told them I was looking for wealth, they again asked me to send income docs, to which I said that method failed, they told they will look at my documents and try to get exception for upgrade, I was asked to take back my closure request to process upgrade, which I did.
10) Later in the day I got call that they have taken exception and issued Wealth card with same 3.9L CL. I was happy. Got the new card in a week.

I don't have any banking relationship with IDFC. Hope this helps you.
Raised a closure request now. In how many days do they generally call?

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Nope, not yet. All plans failed. Open to new ideas.
I maintained 10+ in my wealth account for 2-3 months (savings account was 2yrs old but recently upgraded to wealth), call their CC that why m not received any pre approved offer for credit card till nw as my account my 2yrs old and m maintaining 10+ funds, m looking only for wealth credit card - generate wealth CC offer otherwise I vl close my account they mail, msg, call me to confirm that they have generated wealth CC pre-approved offer for me pl go ahead. I applied n got my wealth CC instantly with 8+ limit

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I maintained 10+ in my wealth account for 2-3 months (savings account was 2yrs old but recently upgraded to wealth), call their CC that why m not received any pre approved offer for credit card till nw as my account my 2yrs old and m maintaining 10+ funds, m looking only for wealth credit card - generate wealth CC offer otherwise I vl close my account they mail, msg, call me to confirm that they have generated wealth CC pre-approved offer for me pl go ahead. I applied n got my wealth CC instantly with 8+ limit
Interesting. I went up to PNO but didn't get any such offer.

Let me try a phone call as well tomorrow.

Thanks!

kratos7

TF Select
@Batman
Here are few suggestions,
1) While applying online put salary around 3L per month, and do C2C using your DCB, it will improve chances of getting wealth
2) Take Select card if you are getting it and later try to upgrade it.

Here is what I did:
1) Took IDFC Select in April 2024, got it with a CL of 3.5L, didn't give much thought about wealth, later came to know about wealth
2) Asked them for upgrade to Wealth, they asked me wait for 6 months, I waited for 6 months
3) Spend 15k in first month to get 500 coupon and later spent avg of 10k per month for rest of the months
4) After 6 months asked for upgrade to wealth by sending my credit card statement, they denied and asked me to send income documents for CL increase and then if CL crosses 5L they would upgrade
5) Sent them salary slips, credit card statement (there was back and forth for a month as for reason they were unable to download documents which I have sent)
6) Raised a closure request, team called me back and told they will personally look into it and asked me to merge all documents and send it as a single PDF
7) Sent all documents as single PDF got a limit increase, new limit was 3.9 L, so no upgrade
8) This time I was determined to close the card to reduce my leverage, raised a closure request
9) Got a call from retention team, told them I was looking for wealth, they again asked me to send income docs, to which I said that method failed, they told they will look at my documents and try to get exception for upgrade, I was asked to take back my closure request to process upgrade, which I did.
10) Later in the day I got call that they have taken exception and issued Wealth card with same 3.9L CL. I was happy. Got the new card in a week.

I don't have any banking relationship with IDFC. Hope this helps you.
bro april 2024 hasnt even arrived
lmaooooo