• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Magnus, Reserve & Other Axis Bank Credit Cards | Devaluation w.e.f. 1st Sep 2023.

bugmenot

TF Ace
-- Edited Post --

Final Update

Official PDFs are now out
Magnus - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/mgtc.pdf

Reserve - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/rstc.pdf

Revision of Axis Bank Miles/Rewards Transfer Program - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...les-rewards-transfer-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Update: 2nd August

MyZone - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/mztc.pdf
Privilege - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/pvtc.pdf
Select - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/sltc.pdf
Ace - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/actc.pdf

Magnus devaluation highlights
  1. Revision in welcome benefits, which are more or less matching with the leaked screenshots
  2. Change in annual fee - ₹12,500 + GST
  3. No more renewal benefit
  4. Spend criteria for fee waiver is now double - 25L
  5. Exclusion of government institutions and utilities MCCs for earning ERs
  6. RIP 25,000ER/1L milestone benefit
  7. Revised transfer ratio of 5:2
  8. 5L ER points cap for transfer
  9. Burgundy account scheme
Reserve devaluation highlights
  1. Spend criteria for fee waiver is revised to 35L
  2. Exclusion of government institutions and utilities MCCs for earning ERs
  3. Revised transfer ratio of 5:2
  4. 5L ER points cap for transfer
  5. Burgundy private account scheme

Aap Chronology Samajiye
  • 📄 Few leaked screenshots of PDF started floating for Magnus and Reserve having potential devaulation
  • 🐦Few folks on Twitter acknowledged the upcoming devaulation by contacting their RMs or insiders from CC department
  • 🎧 Customer Care team were like "Whot Daa Phaak" is going on. They were unaware about these news, some were saying yes and some no
  • 😡 Outrage | Speculation | Twitter Space | Points Transfer Tricks
  • ✋ Then rumour mills started about devaulation being on hold
  • 🔗 Official links of devaulation PDF started popping but "Darling of Cards" was missing
  • 🔌 Axis pulled the plug and links started showing "404 - Not Found" except for unlucky Flipkart card
  • 💣 BOMB - Axis Gift Edge devaulation
  • 📩 Mass credit card cancellation and notice seeking clarification regarding commercial transactions
  • 📉 Official PDF of Magnus and Reserve released
  • 📉 Official PDF of MyZone, Privilege, Select and Ace released

1. Flipkart - https://axisbank.com/docs/default-s...flipkart-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Below given links are not opening now as they have been removed. You may check attached PDFs.

2. Reserve - https://axisbank.com/docs/default-s...-reserve-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
3. Select - https://axisbank.com/docs/default-s...k-select-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
4. Privilege - https://axisbank.com/docs/default-s...rivilege-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
5. MyZone - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...-my-zone-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf

By following the format, it is quite easy to create Magnus link, which could be https://axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/axis-bank-magnus-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Attachments

• 20230708_140407.jpg
    20230708_140407.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 6,219
  • Screenshot_2023_0708_173519.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0708_173519.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 3,247
  • axis-bank-flipkart-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    67.7 KB · Views: 26
  • axis-bank-my-zone-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    114.8 KB · Views: 29
  • axis-bank-reserve-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    151.3 KB · Views: 41
  • axis-bank-privilege-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    114.3 KB · Views: 23
  • axis-bank-select-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    161.1 KB · Views: 21
  • mgtc.pdf
    293.3 KB · Views: 18
  • rstc.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 16
  • axis-bank-miles-rewards-transfer-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    494 KB · Views: 5
  • actc.pdf
    67.3 KB · Views: 7
  • mztc.pdf
    116.2 KB · Views: 7
  • pvtc.pdf
    115 KB · Views: 5
  • sltc.pdf
    161.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

vina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don’t understand how people are saying Magnus is dead now. Please help me understand. Am I missing something?

I don’t have a DCB or Infinia and HDFC is not providing me one even after multiple requests and stuck with Regalia (I am eligible for atleast DCB with a 42CTC). Daily limits for these cards play a spoil sport.

With 2.4% base reward rate in miles, which other CC can I apply for?

I plan to use magnus on gyftr where it offers a 3x (7.2% miles) and 5x (12% miles). I see more brands in axis gyftr compared to HDFC smart buy and Amex reward multiplier. Also can use on travel edge (12%miles). I don’t know how much I will end up spending in these categories and I will have to monitor in next few months.

I should start using HDFC regalia for smartbuy for amazon vouchers (6% miles) where axis has only 2x.

I should probably apply for Atlas card for offline spends (4% miles) and hotel spends (10% miles)

I looked at Amex plat travel card (don’t have one now) it might offer upto 8% as Marriott points (on hitting 4 lakh annual spend) but 4% for any other program. Amex has limited acceptance offline.

For Forex. Both regalia and magnus have 2% charges. With magnus having better reward rate I will continue using magnus.

Regarding the 11.8k fees.
- I get EazyDiner discount of 1k. I use it 3 to 4 times a year. - savings of 3k
- BMS - 2 to 3 times a year. - savings of 1k
- lounge access - 2 visits a year x two airports per visit (x2 for wife’s add on). - considering I would spend ₹600 for food outside at airport in not for lounge - savings of ₹4.8k
- I will not consider meet and greet as I would not have used if it is a paid service.

In total of about ₹8.8k savings. So effectively I will be paying ₹3.1k as fees.

I don’t know how good the Amex plat travel lounge program is. If I get good access then I should review cost analysis for Magnus annual fees).

I will close my Axis reserve card before renewal and not sure what to do with Amex MRCC if I decide to apply for Amex plat travel card

This gets complex and have to start thinking which card to use where everything I go out ☹️.

I have to apply for 2 new cards and hope they get approved. Had hard time getting approval for Reserve and I heard Amex is not issuing second or third card easily. Till I get these 2 cards I have to still depend on Magnus for best returns.

Please let me know if I am wrong anywhere. Or if there is a way to get DCB or Infinia.
There is an eazydiner birthday party discount of 3k as well

If you use that, you are down to 0 fee

I took close to 4k in BMS tickets last year, 7k or so in Eazydiner and perhaps 2k on Lounge

Didn't use meet and greet at all (I don't understand the point of it, I travel light)

kapsshah42

TF Buzz
I am trying to register for netbanking for using it on traveledge but getting the error "You cannot acess net banking.Please contact branch or call centre".Call centre people are clueless and directing me to the branch.I am sure even branch people will be clueless.Any solution to this.Main issue is to use traveledge.

RCB

TF Buzz
My Card annv. is in Oct 2023. So far in the current card year I have hit about 13L of spend and can certainly close another 2L in the month of Aug to reach 15L milestone for fee waiver.

My question is - will I still get the 10K Cliq voucher if the 15L is hit ahead of 01 Sep deadline?...any thoughts?..If thats not the case, I will rather cancel the card after getting all pending milestone benefits for May, June and Jul...

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Card annv. is in Oct 2023. So far in the current card year I have hit about 13L of spend and can certainly close another 2L in the month of Aug to reach 15L milestone for fee waiver.

My question is - will I still get the 10K Cliq voucher if the 15L is hit ahead of 01 Sep deadline?...any thoughts?..If thats not the case, I will rather cancel the card after getting all pending milestone benefits for May, June and Jul...
I don’t think you will get the 10k voucher for meeting 15lakhs spend. People may get voucher if the renewal is before Sept01.

I think you should still hit 1 lakh milestone in august if you can. monthly millstone 25k is still worth 10k miles. That of 10% of additional returns.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don’t understand how people are saying Magnus is dead now. Please help me understand. Am I missing something?

I don’t have a DCB or Infinia and HDFC is not providing me one even after multiple requests and stuck with Regalia (I am eligible for atleast DCB with a 42CTC). Daily limits for these cards play a spoil sport.

With 2.4% base reward rate in miles, which other CC can I apply for?

I plan to use magnus on gyftr where it offers a 3x (7.2% miles) and 5x (12% miles). I see more brands in axis gyftr compared to HDFC smart buy and Amex reward multiplier. Also can use on travel edge (12%miles). I don’t know how much I will end up spending in these categories and I will have to monitor in next few months.

I should start using HDFC regalia for smartbuy for amazon vouchers (6% miles) where axis has only 2x.

I should probably apply for Atlas card for offline spends (4% miles) and hotel spends (10% miles)

I looked at Amex plat travel card (don’t have one now) it might offer upto 8% as Marriott points (on hitting 4 lakh annual spend) but 4% for any other program. Amex has limited acceptance offline.

For Forex. Both regalia and magnus have 2% charges. With magnus having better reward rate I will continue using magnus.

Regarding the 11.8k fees.
- I get EazyDiner discount of 1k. I use it 3 to 4 times a year. - savings of 3k
- BMS - 2 to 3 times a year. - savings of 1k
- lounge access - 2 visits a year x two airports per visit (x2 for wife’s add on). - considering I would spend ₹600 for food outside at airport in not for lounge - savings of ₹4.8k
- I will not consider meet and greet as I would not have used if it is a paid service.

In total of about ₹8.8k savings. So effectively I will be paying ₹3.1k as fees.

I don’t know how good the Amex plat travel lounge program is. If I get good access then I should review cost analysis for Magnus annual fees).

I will close my Axis reserve card before renewal and not sure what to do with Amex MRCC if I decide to apply for Amex plat travel card

This gets complex and have to start thinking which card to use where everything I go out ☹️.

I have to apply for 2 new cards and hope they get approved. Had hard time getting approval for Reserve and I heard Amex is not issuing second or third card easily. Till I get these 2 cards I have to still depend on Magnus for best returns.

Please let me know if I am wrong anywhere. Or if there is a way to get DCB or Infinia.
you can keep MRCC as a companion card with Platinum Travel.Amex lets you keep 3 cards max.I have platinum charge,travel and MRCC with amex.these 3 works best as a combination.even if you don't need platinum charge.you can consider Platinum Travel and MRCC combo.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
you can keep MRCC as a companion card with Platinum Travel.Amex lets you keep 3 cards max.I have platinum charge,travel and MRCC with amex.these 3 works best as a combination.even if you don't need platinum charge.you can consider Platinum Travel and MRCC combo.
I will take a look at it. Thanks.

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So looks like everyone is happy with AXIS Devaluation. I used to see 10 pages per day, now I hardly see 15 to 20 comments a day 😕 Can someone please enlighten me with next steps? Cancel or hold? I go the card in June , so no benefits availed except for 10K coupon :( Sorry, if this was already discussed...

funatlearn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I didn't know insurance can be paid using Amazon Pay - thanks for the tip

I have SC Ultimate, but what I'm thinking is this - Magnus would still give you points on Insurance payments; so if you can use it for even moderate travel, the 6L spend you'll do will fetch 36000 ER points worth about 30k in Vistara tickets (2 BLR-DEL economy return tickets); that's 5%. You have choise of other airlines of course and so real value may be only 4%, but definitely better than SC Ultimate.

If you buy Amazon Pay from Magnus-Gyftr, the above doubles. I'm not sure what is the rate with DCP.

By the way - if you move all your expenses to DCP and spend over 7lakhs on it in 6 months, your HDFC RM can get you Infinia
Infinia ltf or paid

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have Magnus, wife has Infinia LTF. Have decided to dump magnus before turning 1 year. I have never explored Amex cards.

Should we shift back to our previous way of Infinia spending or is there any reason for me to invest time in Amex world? Yearly spend might be around 10L with decent amount of flight spending.

I also plan on getting DCB LTF through Alumni program so that I still have good domestic/international lounge access. (not sure if DCB can compensate the lack of Priority Pass, please comment?)

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have Magnus, wife has Infinia LTF. Have decided to dump magnus before turning 1 year. I have never explored Amex cards.

Should we shift back to our previous way of Infinia spending or is there any reason for me to invest time in Amex world? Yearly spend might be around 10L with decent amount of flight spending.
I am planning for Amex Plat + Gold combo.

funatlearn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC is a scam 😒 They are not allowing me to get DCB with Tata rupay card . They are saying, HDFC is considering tata card as primary :(
Screenshot_20230724_135931_Gmail.jpg
I got dcb first then tata neu infinity.
First it was fyf, closed it and then re applied with different no, got LTF this time.
For infinia, i want fyf card that can be closed, while keeping dcb along side.

funatlearn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I also plan on getting DCB LTF through Alumni program so that I still have good domestic/international lounge access. (not sure if DCB can compensate the lack of Priority Pass, please comment?)
Dcb has embedded pp, that can be used via app.

RCB

TF Buzz
I don’t think you will get the 10k voucher for meeting 15lakhs spend. People may get voucher if the renewal is before Sept01.

I think you should still hit 1 lakh milestone in august if you can. monthly millstone 25k is still worth 10k miles. That of 10% of additional returns.
Thanks!...Yeah - but that Aug milestone will only come after 90 days and the renewal will fall due before that..I am anyways planning to dump Magnus given that my spouse also has it...no point in having 2 cards from same household without 5:4 or 25k...

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks!...Yeah - but that Aug milestone will only come after 90 days and the renewal will fall due before that..I am anyways planning to dump Magnus given that my spouse also has it...no point in having 2 cards from same household without 5:4 or 25k...

Oh even I didn’t notice this. For July they said they will give by 10th Aug. But yeah August milestone they will give only post 90 days I believe, which means end of November. This might change mind of few folks closing the card before that, if their renewal was between Sept - Nov.

vina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Light or not use it -
1. It just saves you so much time, I used it twice with family and omg we just breezed through everything. No waiting anywhere
2. It's fun, you feel like an important person.
3. It's free so why not.
With family I can imagine it being useful, and would have used it.

But our family hasn't travelled in a while

And old folks in the family can't get it unless I travel with them.

If they made it so that I could have family members use it without me, that would be great

vina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I thought you wouldn't have gotten the voucher on free renewal even earlier. Voucher was there only for paid renewal. Looks like that wasn't true.

Anyway, now it is not there even for paid renewal

Last edited:

vina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC is a scam 😒 They are not allowing me to get DCB with Tata rupay card . They are saying, HDFC is considering tata card as primary :(
Screenshot_20230724_135931_Gmail.jpg
HDFC doesn't allow you to have more than one HDFC card

And if you already have one they give a LOT of trouble when you apply DCB or Infinia