• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Lufthansa and Emirates

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have never flown internationally using credit-card points. I usually fly either Lufthansa or Emirates and since I am new to airmiles-through-points, I was hoping for some advice. I know that HDFC cards allow points transfer to KrisFlyer - which I understand is Singapore airlines.

(1) Can I use KF points to book Lufthansa/Swiss-Air flights between India and Europe? The KF website seems to suggest I can book Lufthansa but only from Singapore...

(2) Can I use KF points on Emirates? If not, what would be a good card for Emirates transfers? (I would prefer a non co-branded card since I am not a frequent flyer).

Thank you

daniel

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You can apply for Axis Magnus card which will give you edge miles you can use those miles to transfer to your partner airlines and then book flights

daniel

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Amex card will give you reward points which can be transferred to Emirates skyward miles and you can use for travel. You have many other card which will help you transfer your points to airline miles and you can use.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
I have never flown internationally using credit-card points. I usually fly either Lufthansa or Emirates and since I am new to airmiles-through-points, I was hoping for some advice. I know that HDFC cards allow points transfer to KrisFlyer - which I understand is Singapore airlines.

(1) Can I use KF points to book Lufthansa/Swiss-Air flights between India and Europe? The KF website seems to suggest I can book Lufthansa but only from Singapore...

(2) Can I use KF points on Emirates? If not, what would be a good card for Emirates transfers? (I would prefer a non co-branded card since I am not a frequent flyer).

Thank you
1. Krisflyer Miles can be used to book both Lufthansa as well as Swiss Air and from India to Europe. It is the availability of the award seats that is always the concern when booking using Miles.

2. No. For Emirates, best to do a paid booking. The Taxes component on Emirates is significantly high when booking redemption tickets.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Amex card will give you reward points which can be transferred to Emirates skyward miles and you can use for travel. You have many other card which will help you transfer your points to airline miles and you can use.
Does AMEX have option to transfer to Emirates? I was aware of only Qatar airways and Marriot