• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Looking for Card upgrade..

Please provide suggestion to upgrade cards. I presently have below cards with cc limits.

Icici Amazon - 5,10,000
axis indian oil - 3,98,000
sbi simply click - 1,10,000
HDFC freedom - 40,000

jk51

TF Premier
Please provide suggestion to upgrade cards. I presently have below cards with cc limits.

Icici Amazon - 5,10,000
axis indian oil - 3,98,000
sbi simply click - 1,10,000
HDFC freedom - 40,000
Axis Ace (since you already have an axis card, try from family members number in gpay to get invite if not visible from your number)

SBI Cashback: for online spends and getting discount on Amazon vouchers

HDFC Tata Neu: It’s a good card if you are into Tata ecosystem such as Big Basket, 1mg, Croma, etc. Enhance limit till 1,50,000/- for existing HDFC card and then apply for Neu Card. Infinity is best but if you are getting Plus as well it’s decent (can upgrade to infinity later on basis spends)

For other recommendations need to know where all you’ll be spending across categories and level of spends anticipated on them.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Awesome, you started with the basic cards, now it's time to up your game.
Depending on how much you're planning to categorize and how many cards you're okay with managing,

Here are some ideas:

1. Axis Atlas

If you travel a lot and spend on hotels and flights directly, this is the most rewarding option. 5 EM per travel transaction which is ~10 points on flights/hotels. There are also tiers where you get bonuses, free Airport Meet and Greet, Airport pickups and what not.

2. Amex Platinum Travel

If you spend on a variety of things and don't wanna keep track, this is a must-have card. Spend where you like up to 4L to get the 40K MR points and the 10K bonus Taj voucher. Post that, you can keep buying vouchers for the multiplier or switch your spends elsewhere.

3. Axis Vistara Infinite

If you fly Vistara a lot, this becomes your go-to card. 4 free business class flight tickets on spends up to 7.5L per annum so that's when you stop spending and move to the next card. You also get CV points along with the tickets so they come in handy after you've used up your tickets.

These are the 3 cards where you can split your spending and get the best rewards.

But if you believe you want to control your expenses and still get the best value for money card, then you can get the Amex MRCC Card.

Works great if you spend between 6K-20K per month, you get 1000 bonus MR points on 6K expenses.
And 2000 bonus MR points on 20K expenses.

This is over and above the points that you earn from your expenses(can also use the 2x Amex multiplier for maximum rewards).

Axis Ace (since you already have an axis card, try from family members number in gpay to get invite if not visible from your number)

SBI Cashback: for online spends and getting discount on Amazon vouchers

HDFC Tata Neu: It’s a good card if you are into Tata ecosystem such as Big Basket, 1mg, Croma, etc. Enhance limit till 1,50,000/- for existing HDFC card and then apply for Neu Card. Infinity is best but if you are getting Plus as well it’s decent (can upgrade to infinity later on basis spends)

For other recommendations need to know where all you’ll be spending across categories and level of spends anticipated on them.
My spendings mostly are for utility payments,food,movies,groceries. Sometimes for online shopping.

Awesome, you started with the basic cards, now it's time to up your game.
Depending on how much you're planning to categorize and how many cards you're okay with managing,

Here are some ideas:

1. Axis Atlas

If you travel a lot and spend on hotels and flights directly, this is the most rewarding option. 5 EM per travel transaction which is ~10 points on flights/hotels. There are also tiers where you get bonuses, free Airport Meet and Greet, Airport pickups and what not.

2. Amex Platinum Travel

If you spend on a variety of things and don't wanna keep track, this is a must-have card. Spend where you like up to 4L to get the 40K MR points and the 10K bonus Taj voucher. Post that, you can keep buying vouchers for the multiplier or switch your spends elsewhere.

3. Axis Vistara Infinite

If you fly Vistara a lot, this becomes your go-to card. 4 free business class flight tickets on spends up to 7.5L per annum so that's when you stop spending and move to the next card. You also get CV points along with the tickets so they come in handy after you've used up your tickets.

These are the 3 cards where you can split your spending and get the best rewards.

But if you believe you want to control your expenses and still get the best value for money card, then you can get the Amex MRCC Card.

Works great if you spend between 6K-20K per month, you get 1000 bonus MR points on 6K expenses.
And 2000 bonus MR points on 20K expenses.

This is over and above the points that you earn from your expenses(can also use the 2x Amex multiplier for maximum rewards).
I'm actually planning to take Amex MRCC but thinking an acceptance issue in offline stores. I have recently applied for idfc wealth card, awaiting response.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I'm actually planning to take Amex MRCC but thinking an acceptance issue in offline stores. I have recently applied for idfc wealth card, awaiting response.

The acceptance has improved a lot this year, it works with all the Paytm and Pinelabs machines.
Works at almost all fuel stations as well.(have tried at all HP and some Bharat Petroleum too)

My spendings mostly are for utility payments,food,movies,groceries.
Should fit well for these expenses.

Sometimes for online shopping.
If you think something from a suspicious website and don't get the item delivered, Amex has great dispute protection too.

And you can use the link in my signature for first year free and good luck of quick approval!
You can also DM me if you have any issues or doubts! :)

jk51

TF Premier
My spendings mostly are for utility payments,food,movies,groceries. Sometimes for online shopping.
Then apart from Amex MRCC as suggested above RBL Play and Indusind EazyDiner (if you live in a city with good coverage of restaurants across EazyDiner platform) makes sense. This shall also take care of at least 4 movie tickets on a monthly basis (2 tickets worth 250/- each from RBL play upon 5,000/- spends and 2 tickets worth 200/- each assured from EazyDiner card).

Then apart from Amex MRCC as suggested above RBL Play and Indusind EazyDiner (if you live in a city with good coverage of restaurants across EazyDiner platform) makes sense. This shall also take care of at least 4 movie tickets on a monthly basis (2 tickets worth 250/- each from RBL play upon 5,000/- spends and 2 tickets worth 200/- each assured from EazyDiner card).
thanks i will give a try

Naman Jain

TF Buzz
I am also looking for upgrade in credit card and even limit as I have just got a new hike in salary of more than 12 LPA(base).

Have ok ok card portfolio

HDFC Millennia - 1.2L(LTF)
HDFC Tata Neu Rupay - Shared with 1.2L
SBI Cash on Credit Card - 80K( Most used)
Axis MyZone- 95k (LTF)(offer for upgrade to rewards or privilege).
Federal Imperial - 1.5L
Jupiter Edge RuPay -2L LTF
Indusnd Aura Edge -70K LTF
One card South Indian Bank - 80 K LTF.
AU Xcite -1.8 L LTF(recently Got the offer)

I am either spend on Travel or online mainly and want some more centric card that are more rewarding.
Have good spending as my parents also use my cards for groceries etc

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I am also looking for upgrade in credit card and even limit as I have just got a new hike in salary of more than 12 LPA(base).

Federal Imperial - 1.5L

I am either spend on Travel or online mainly and want some more centric card that are more rewarding.
Get axis atlas + previlgae. Let the myzone be ltf

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Can we get atlas as LTF (as charges are high specially if we can't qualify for gold or platinum tier)
Check for pre approved offer.. else apply seprate with customer care..they will give u with charge.

For previlgae..1.7k
Gives u 5k multi-brand voucher

Federal Imperial - 1.5L

Get Amazon pay icici card