• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

List of cards supported on GPay for NFC/Bharat QR transactions

HB25

TF Buzz
Google pay supports debit & credit cards from various major banks which could be used for making payments to merchants via NFC (contactless) if your mobile has that feature and also Bharat QR transactions.

Personally I have been using NFC to make payments which I find very convenient & fast. You just have to unlock your mobile & tap the POS terminal.
No need to open Gpay.

On the other hand, seeing Bharat QR is very rare. I have only seen it twice in merchant shops & used it once.
For this you have to scan the QR, select card & then enter OTP to make the payment.

Note: This only works in Android as Apple doesn't allow third-party apps to use NFC.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 113

HB25

TF Buzz
I first time used this feature to transfer 40,000 Merchent is calcimining money not received :( hope money is safe
I think in case of such failed transactions money gets refunded usually in 5-7 days. Could you share the screenshot of your transaction by hiding any sensitive info?

Khaiz

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I first time used this feature to transfer 40,000 Merchent is calcimining money not received :( hope money is safe
Did the POS Machine print the bill? If not the transaction failed (even if money deducted from card) . You will get the money back , and you don’t need to do anything.

anonymuos

TF Ace
As per my testing as of Dec 2023, these credit cards work in GPay

- HDFC Bank Visa and Mastercard credit cards: Google Pay
- SBI Card: Google Pay and SBICard app
- ICICI credit cards: Google Pay and iMobile
- Axis Bank credit cards: Google Pay
- Kotak Mahindra credit card: Google Pay and Kotak app
- RBL Bank Visa and Mastercard credit cards: Google Pay
- IndusInd credit cards: Google Pay and IndusMobile
- IDFC credit cards: Only IDFC First app
- BOB credit cards: Google Pay
- OneCard: Google Pay

Debit cards tested:

IndusInd Mastercard, IndusInd Visa Debit, Federal Bank Fi Debit work although as per chart in first post, any supported debit should work (but Federal Jupiter Visa Signature doesn't work for example neither does IndusInd Indie Visa Signature)

Yes Bank and AU Bank Visa/Mastercard credit and debit cards: Currently no way to pay via BharatQR or tap to pay via any mobile app (Carrying the card itself and tapping it should work with NFC POS machines). In old Yes Bank app, Mastercards worked for scanning BharatQR but Yes Bank IRIS app killed it just like new HDFC PayZapp

For RuPay credit cards, any UPI QR or Bharat QR both work (as long as merchant has enabled UPI CC QR payments)

Last edited:
Yes, have you not tried setting it as the default NFC app in your phone's settings?
Sorry I am really dumb…

Today I tried. I set the NFC app to IDFC. I put the phone next to the NFC machine and nothing happened, I got embarrassed and just used my card and went away in shame.

Is that the right way to use it?
I can’t find anything on YouTube either.

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Sorry I am really dumb…

Today I tried. I set the NFC app to IDFC. I put the phone next to the NFC machine and nothing happened, I got embarrassed and just used my card and went away in shame.

Merchant will initiate a txn choosing contactless option. Customer will hold the phone (with backcover facing the contactless logo on pos) for 1-3 secs. Pos machine will recognise the nfc and payment will go thru.
Ps: the contactless txn & pos txn must be turned on for this to work & limit upto 5k per txn can be set. card settings.

anonymuos

TF Ace
Sorry I am really dumb…

Ask merchant if contactless is enabled for his POS (usually they ask "touch" wala card hai kya ya phir "wifi" wala card hai kya). You have to gently tap your phone after merchant has billed the amount in his POS. Also make sure your NFC is on in your phone settings (from where you turn on Wifi, Bluetooth etc)