• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Limit enhancement on Standard Chartered cards

Yes I also received an SMS today regarding limit enhancement. Even I am holding the sc platinum rewards card for close to a decade...initial limit was 130000 and they increased by thousands here and there and now limit is 209000. Now they have offered revised limit of 313500. Which is exactly a 50% increase which is very surprising.
You are correct. I also got a similar message and they want to increase my limit by exactly 50% of my current limit. I have Digismart though

runzone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Since you are asking the same question on all thread related to SC :)

Any manual LE will call for a CIBIL enquiry.
Not all banks make CIBIL enquiry for manual LE

For example HDFC, CITI Bank

So I am just curious if SCB does a CIBIL enquiry. MY SCB Ultimate is stuck at 149900 since 2 years and recently only got 5K LE but did not avail the same

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
SC even makes CIBIL hard inquiries on card replacement... Still disputing it with them, had to replace my card and they made not one but TWO CIBIL inquiries. Pretty annoying and even odd to do do hard inquiries for everything and anything.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If something wrong, will they stop replacing the card and go for direct cancellation 🤔?

Dealing with SCB is slow, time consuming process especially the one involved with CIBIL.
I escalated but just got "template" replies for this matter and didn't address any of my concerns as to why this is being done.

I'm not getting a new card or credit line, it's just replacement plastic for an existing one.
So why is there TWO hard inquiries on my CIBIL?

I'm trying to find out as the reason or if it's "Standard" procedure, pun intended.