• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Lifetime free cards non usage

kunalcc

TF Buzz
I possess lifetime free credit cards from HDFC, ICICI, and Yes Bank. How long can I refrain from using these credit cards before the bank contacts me to close the accounts? Do the banks follow the one-year non-usage rule set by the RBI, or do they have their own policies regarding dormant accounts?

D₹V

TF Prestige
I possess lifetime free credit cards from HDFC, ICICI, and Yes Bank. How long can I refrain from using these credit cards before the bank contacts me to close the accounts? Do the banks follow the one-year non-usage rule set by the RBI, or do they have their own policies regarding dormant accounts?
All banks follow 1 year rule.

Now you know what to do.

deep@vie

TF Legend
They'll even text/e-mail for making a transaction before cancelling/closing the card.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Yes, better close it or use it once a year.
Banks do send an email about card being dormant. But just to be on the safer side, have a look at them once a year.