• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Lets talk about RuPay NCMC Card/ RuPay Metro Card & share your experience & help others

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Lets talk about RuPay NCMC Debit/Prepaid Card/ RuPay Metro Card/ RuPay Transit Card and share your experience and help others:

Hi, NPCI now allow Banks, Metros, Buses to accept RuPay NCMC debit and NCMC Prepaid cards.

Many people are asking me how to activate RuPay NCMC debit card ? How to load money ? How to use etc.

What is RuPay NCMC Card ?

National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) is Transit Card/ Metro Card is India. Single Card use on any Metros, Buses, Toll, Parking, Railway, Para Transit & Retail shopping etc.

You will get offline Wallet based contactless Payments option. Load Money on your RuPay NCMC Offline Wallet and use any Metro AFC gates in India. Same like any Metro Cards in India. Some Indian buses are also start accepting RuPay NCMC cards.

How to activate RuPay NCMC Card ?

You RuPay NCMC Card activate through Metro counter and Metro staff will help you to activate your NCMC card feature.

How to load money on my RuPay NCMC Card Wallet ?

You can load money from Metro counters or Online from your bank Internet banking or Mobile banking app.

How to Use ?

Just Tab on entry AFC gate and exist time tab on exist AFC gate.

What is the limit for my offline RuPay NCMC wallet transaction ?

Well, limit is decided by the banks, i shared here Bank of Baroda RuPay NCMC debit card offline wallet transaction limit -

Note - The limit may change in the future.

• Maximum per transaction limit for money add transaction - Rs. 500.
  • Maximum daily limit for money add transaction - Rs. 2000.
  • No. of money add transactions allowed per day - 4.
  • Maximum balance in card (stored value) at any point - Rs. 2000.
  • Max per transaction limit for card for offline purchase - Rs. 200 (retail payments) & Rs. 2,000 (transit payments).
  • Maximum daily limit for card for no. of offline purchase transactions - 20.

Delhi Metro -

Here Delhi Metro Offer 10% off on RuPay NCMC Card payment during peak hours and 20% off on non-peak hours.

Last time i heard Delhi Metro airport expressline accept RuPay NCMC Cards but now I see it is expanding to other Delhi Metro stations as well.

If you travel in Delhi Metro and use RuPay NCMC cards then share your experience in comment section and also help others like where you use ? how you activated your RuPay NCMC cards etc.

Note - Already few users here used RuPay NCMC cards on Delhi Metro. They activated RuPay NCMC Debit Cards from Delhi Metro counter.

F3Efpf9XgAEV6RZ.jpg

Bengaluru Metro -

Here one twitter user Naveenkumar B S shared on twitter -

Bengaluru Metro now supports all banks NCMC RuPay Debit cards, so there is no need to buy a new card to travel. Today I activated my SBI NCMC debit card service creation at the metro counter and loaded 200 Rs.

I travel by metro regularly in Bangalore, and today I checked at the Banashankari customer service counter if there was any possibility to link my existing SBI Rupay NCMC debit card. The person checked, created the service and loaded the amount.

He also shared this images -

dfrdy.jpg

Same Twitter user shared another tweet, this time he use Paytm RuPay wallet transit card -

Paytm wallet transit card was delivered on 7 August 23 in Bengaluru, and I have reloaded 100 Rs in AVM.

xcgds.jpg

He also share this video -

View attachment qSL4p4julFWzPzz-.mp4

MMRDA Mumbai Metro -

Here another Twitter user share his experience in MMRDA Mumbai Metro -

Finally the MMRDA Mumbai Metro staff got the NCMC activated!!
Here’s my BOB RuPay Select Debit Card being used!!

Entry and exit tap images -

F2CcX-IboAAwbv4.jpg

Now the RuPay NCMC-enabled key chain is also supported to use metro stations,shopping malls and other contactless-enabled POS machines. Well done Omnicard app.

dtrete.jpg

These are just a few examples and will give you an idea of how to use your RuPay NCMC Metro Card.

Mumbai BEST buses also accept RuPay NCMC Cards and they also issue their own Chalo BEST NCMC Card by yes bank but you can also use other RuPay NCMC Cards as well.

Since, RuPay NCMC Transit System is new and many people are unaware about it. Please share your experience in comment section and help others how to use RuPay NCMC Cards on your Metros.

Updated -

Now RuPay Card ‘NCMC Recharge’ supported through BBPS (Bharat Bill Pay System):​

LIVE PROJECTS Till 5th Feb, 2024 -​

Sr. NoTransit Operator NameModeType of ProjectAcquiring BankRuPay cards accepted
1Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC)BusOpen loopYes BankAll NCMC certified banks
2Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL)MetroOpen loopRBL BankAll NCMC certified banks
3Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST)BusOpen loopYes BankAll NCMC certified banks
4Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL)MetroOpen loopState Bank of IndiaAll NCMC certified banks
5Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)MetroOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
6Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited (GMRC)MetroOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
7Haryana RoadwaysBusOpen loopAU Small finance BankAll NCMC certified banks
8Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited (KTCL) (Goa Transport)BusOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
9Mumbai Metro One Private Limited (MMOPL) (Mumbai Metro 1) Reliance MetroMetroOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
10Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) Mumbai Metro Line 2A & 7MetroOpen loopState Bank of IndiaAll NCMC certified banks
11National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)MetroOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
12Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC)MetroOpen loopState Bank of IndiaAll NCMC certified banks
13Noida Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRC)MetroClosed loopState Bank of IndiaState Bank of India
14Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRCL)MetroClosed loopState Bank of IndiaState Bank of India
15Ahmedabad Janmarg Limited (Janmitra Bus)BusClosed loopICICI BankICICI Bank
16Surat BRTSBusClosed loopICICI BankICICI Bank
17Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL)MetroClosed loopAxis BankAxis Bank
18Pune MetroMetroClosed loopHDFC BankHDFC Bank
19The Delhi–Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (Delhi–Meerut RRTS)Rapid RailOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks

Note - *NCMC cards of other banks will also get accepted in future as decided by Authority.

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Especially the batch settlement of money to the metro/ other providers should involve the costly infrastructure if I am not wrong.
Here today MPMRCL (Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd) Unveils Bidders for Bhopal & Indore Metro’s AFC Contract -

This is just a small example to understand how much time and money it takes -

This contract by Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (MPMRCL) will be executed on the PPP (public private partnership) model where the chosen contractor will be responsible for design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing & commissioning of the end-to-end Open loop EMV (RuPay/Master/Visa) NCMC card-based AFC system and QR code-based ticketing, with each device connected to a central back-office AFC system.

MPMRCL invited tenders for this contract in March 2022 with a 4 year deadline and Rs. 230 crore estimate.

Bidders List Unveils today (10th Feb, 2024) -

Asis Elektronik ve Bilişim Sistemleri A.Ş
NEC Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
Shellinfosg Global Digital technologies

Brief Scope:

Design Manufacture Supply Installation Testing and Commissioning and Maintenance of open Loop EMV NCMC card and QR code based Automatic Fare Collection AFC System for Bhopal and Indore Metro Rail Projects

Further Development

The technical bids have been submitted and are now undergoing evaluation, a process that may span a couple of months. Following this, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be unveiled to determine the lowest bidder, potentially identifying the preferred AFC system vendor.

nileshgr

TF Buzz
Yeh kya dekh liya maine-

@srikant

I had asked this question to them.

Subsequently I sent email to ICICI Bank to check if their Coral RuPay credit card supports this prior to ordering. They were clueless, but this DMRC page was helpful https://www.delhimetrorail.com/national-common-mobility-card

That logo was present somewhere on ICICI website - don't remember where, then came across ICICI's exclusive DMRC Unifare cards which are being converted into RuPay Credit cards https://www.icicibank.com/personal-...re-metro-debit-cards/icici-bank-unifare-cards since 31/01/2024.

So I ordered the RuPay card, LTF anyway, so nothing to lose. On the back of card there is logo of Bus/Metro/Train/Parking/etc. which confirms NCMC support on the card - but whether this works on metro or not I don't know yet. Will update when I try.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I had asked this question to them.

Subsequently I sent email to ICICI Bank to check if their Coral RuPay credit card supports this prior to ordering. They were clueless, but this DMRC page was helpful https://www.delhimetrorail.com/national-common-mobility-card

That logo was present somewhere on ICICI website - don't remember where, then came across ICICI's exclusive DMRC Unifare cards which are being converted into RuPay Credit cards https://www.icicibank.com/personal-...re-metro-debit-cards/icici-bank-unifare-cards since 31/01/2024.

So I ordered the RuPay card, LTF anyway, so nothing to lose. On the back of card there is logo of Bus/Metro/Train/Parking/etc. which confirms NCMC support on the card - but whether this works on metro or not I don't know yet. Will update when I try.
AFAIK, ICICI RuPay cards are currently not enabled for NCMC transaction.

s4more

TF Select
Link
As per this link. ICICI credit cards currently supports only online contactless payment. Offline Wallet is not currently available. I too have the coral rupay with the logos on the back. Havent checked if they work yet.

Karthik:

TF Premier

If you want to use the card for retail payments also, it is better to get the NCMC Rupay debit+prepaid card instead of just the NCMC prepaid card offered by metros. Debit+Prepaid card is linked to savings account and NCMC prepaid account. So it works in all modes viz. ATM, POS, Online, online and offline contactless transactions. Another good thing is, we also get transaction and balance alerts for NCMC wallet account transactions also from the Bank.
AFAIK, ICICI RuPay cards are currently not enabled for NCMC transaction.
Few months back, I gave my ICICI Coral Rupay credit card to Chennai metro to create service and recharge it with 100rs. They said that they were successfully able to create the service but were not able to recharge. I think it's because the card is not yet linked to a prepaid NCMC account. So Coral Rupay credit card supports NCMC. But to recharge and use the same it also needs to be linked to NCMC account. Once the card is linked to an NCMC account in the future, I should be able to use it without the need to create the service again.

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Few months back, I gave my ICICI Coral Rupay credit card to Chennai metro to create service and recharge it with 100rs. They said that they were successfully able to create the service but were not able to recharge. I think it's because the card is not yet linked to a prepaid NCMC account. So Coral Rupay credit card supports NCMC. But to recharge and use the same it also needs to be linked to NCMC account. Once the card is linked to an NCMC account in the future, I should be able to use it without the need to create the service again.
Yes, NCMC is not enabled from issuer bank side.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Here New feature of RuPay NCMC based ticket process management platform for live events in India (also sporting and entertainment arenas) -

Karthik:

TF Premier
My friend is having Indian Bank Rupay platinum Debit+Prepaid card and he received this message, "Dear Customer, Great News! Avail Cashback of Rs.100/- by topup ur Indian Bank Rupay NCMC Debit card wallet for Rs.500/- over the Metro Station counter"

Good that we have started to get recharge offers for NCMC.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
My friend is having Indian Bank Rupay platinum Debit+Prepaid card and he received this message, "Dear Customer, Great News! Avail Cashback of Rs.100/- by topup ur Indian Bank Rupay NCMC Debit card wallet for Rs.500/- over the Metro Station counter"

Good that we have started to get recharge offers for NCMC.
Here is the offer details - by the way he is from Delhi ?

I dnt know offer is valid only on DMRC Metro or all NCMC Metros

GHqC3wWXQAA-EZc.jpg

Karthik:

TF Premier
Here is the offer details - by the way he is from Delhi ?

I dnt know offer is valid only on DMRC Metro or all NCMC Metros

GHqC3wWXQAA-EZc.jpg
He's in Chennai. Have asked him to check. Will let you know. The image that you shared says the cashback will be processed on monthly basis. So think even if he recharge now, it'll take 1 month to reflect.
This 100 rs cashback is credited to the wallet account itself, any idea ?

BTW, DMRC is really doing a great job in marketing NCMC. Here in Chennai, they are not aware only that bank cards support NCMC and they issue the Singara Chennai card unnecessarily increasing plastic wastes. Everytime a bank card is given for recharge, they look in an unfamiliar way. We need to tell them create the service or make the recharge like Singara Chennai card.

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
He's in Chennai. Have asked him to check. Will let you know. The image that you shared says the cashback will be processed on monthly basis. So think even if he recharge now, it'll take 1 month to reflect.
This 100 rs cashback is credited to the wallet account itself, any idea ?

BTW, DMRC is really doing a great job in marketing NCMC. Here in Chennai, they are not aware only that bank cards support NCMC and they issue the Singara Chennai card unnecessarily increasing plastic wastes. Everytime a bank card is given for recharge, they look in an unfamiliar way. We need to tell them create the service or make the recharge like Singara Chennai card.
I dnt know where cashback amount will credited.

Yes and i heard Chennai metro rail is planning to phase out its prepaid smart cards. 🤣🤣

Chennai Metro to replace smart cards with NCMC -​

Karthik:

TF Premier
I dnt know where cashback amount will credited.

Yes and i heard Chennai metro rail is planning to phase out its prepaid smart cards. 🤣🤣

Chennai Metro to replace smart cards with NCMC -​

That's very good. They should also create public awareness that Rupay contactless can be used as metro card also. People with Rupay debit cards will avoid getting the prepaid only card from metro. Many Indians have the practice of having atleast 1 SB account with a public sector bank which issue Rupay debit cards most of the time. This should reduce plastic wastes to some extent as we are not into recycled cards yet.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
That's very good. They should also create public awareness that Rupay contactless can be used as metro card also. People with Rupay debit cards will avoid getting the prepaid only card from metro. Many Indians have the practice of having atleast 1 SB account with a public sector bank which issue Rupay debit cards most of the time. This should reduce plastic wastes to some extent as we are not into recycled cards yet.

Banks Live With RuPay NCMC Debit Cards -​

Bank of Baroda

Bank of India

Bank of Maharashtra

Canara Bank

Central Bank of India

City Union Bank

Equitas Small Finance Bank

Federal Bank

IDBI Bank

Indian Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Karnataka Bank

Punjab National Bank

Punjab and Sindh Bank

Saraswat Bank

State bank of India

South Indian Bank

TJSB Bank

UCO Bank

Union Bank

nileshgr

TF Buzz
ICICI Coral RuPay credit card didn't work in Bangalore metro. The folks there seem to be clueless about NCMC too. Not sure, may be language barrier (I don't know Kannada), was there for a few days.