• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Late payment charges of the biller if the payment got stucked!

ghost2050

TF Select
Hi, recently i have paid my electricity bill through airtel thanks app from my axis bank credit card. Unfortunately the payment was get stuck and didn't reached the electricity department in the due time. After few mails to Airtel and Axis bank my amount was credited back to my card in 4 or 5 days. But meanwhile the Electricity departed has putted up late payment fee on me due to non receive of the payment on due time. Can some one help me on how and from whom to get this late payment fee back?

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi, recently i have paid my electricity bill through airtel thanks app from my axis bank credit card. Unfortunately the payment was get stuck and didn't reached the electricity department in the due time. After few mails to Airtel and Axis bank my amount was credited back to my card in 4 or 5 days. But meanwhile the Electricity departed has putted up late payment fee on me due to non receive of the payment on due time. Can some one help me on how and from whom to get this late payment fee back?

I think you'll be stuck with the late payment fee. Neither Axis nor Airtel will pay it; you can ask nicely but I don't think they will ever agree to pay anything.

I think Paytm has something called late payment protection. I saw a reference to it here in the forum but know nothing about it. It may only be related to CC dues. Maybe you can research this and use this option next time, if applicable