• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotal Privy Platinum Account Opened but got Ace ChequeBook

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hi All, I recently opened a Privy Platinum account but the ChequeBook is mentioning Ace account. I have got the Welcome email for Privy Program so the only explanation is that the Privy accounts are actually ACE account? Can someone confirm this please?
Did you get other benefits of privy account?

Sometimes bank sent other brands chequebook..(shouldn't happen to this high varient account)

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi All, I recently opened a Privy Platinum account but the ChequeBook is mentioning Ace account. I have got the Welcome email for Privy Program so the only explanation is that the Privy accounts are actually ACE account? Can someone confirm this please?
You have opened an ace variant account with 50k MAB and then invited to Privy Platinum. So, account variant will always be ACE but with Privy League benefits. Even I have the same. The system must have dispatched the Ace chequebook with welcome kit.

Via net banking you can place request for new chequebook and LED DC which will be free and have the Privy League Branding.

Attachments

• 20220810_171223~2.jpg
    20220810_171223~2.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 43

Paras Jain

TF Premier
You have opened an ace variant account with 50k MAB and then invited to Privy Platinum. So, account variant will always be ACE but with Privy League benefits. Even I have the same. The system must have dispatched the Ace chequebook with welcome kit.

Via net banking you can place request for new chequebook and LED DC which will be free and have the Privy League Branding.
Yeah I was guessing that to be the case. Just wanted to check with others as well once.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So is that how all of us in the community have got the Privy Account? Ace opened and then invited to Privy? Just asking in case anyone had a different experience than this.
That is what happened in my case. I opened an Ace account and got invited to Privy League after 2-3 months based on my MAB.

But some open their account with them only with the promise that they get the Privy League invite. In their case, the RM gets the invite within a day or two.

RajeshV

TF Premier
I had ordered a new cheque book via netbanking but again received ACE ChequeBook. I am not sure what to do to get Privy ChequeBook. I confirmed with them that I am a privy customer.
What will you do with the cheque books you got? I'm guessing you'll have to inform the bank that they are cancelled?

Paras Jain

TF Premier
What will you do with the cheque books you got? I'm guessing you'll have to inform the bank that they are cancelled?
Planning to keep it as it is with me. I believe whenever we close an account the remaining cheques need to be returned. But not sure. You are also right, I can probably tell them that all it is cancelled. But as of now I will just keep it with me.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Planning to keep it as it is with me. I believe whenever we close an account the remaining cheques need to be returned. But not sure. You are also right, I can probably tell them that all it is cancelled. But as of now I will just keep it with me.
Hi, hopefully you raised it with your RM. They should ensure that the backend team update your account to Privy.

Are you able to apply for the Privy Debit card. That can confirm whether the account type has been rightly updated.

Paras Jain

TF Premier
Hi, hopefully you raised it with your RM. They should ensure that the backend team update your account to Privy.

Are you able to apply for the Privy Debit card. That can confirm whether the account type has been rightly updated.
I already received the provy debit card and customer care confirmed privy account status. Today I have raised this issue with chequebook with customer care and they have saif they will mention it again to uodaye with backend team. So let's see how it goes. Will raise it with RM again on Monday.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I already received the provy debit card and customer care confirmed privy account status. Today I have raised this issue with chequebook with customer care and they have saif they will mention it again to uodaye with backend team. So let's see how it goes. Will raise it with RM again on Monday.
You can also consider raising a ticket via the inbox on your netbanking. That will generate an interaction number for future reference.