• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak bank misselling credit card.

silly_putty

TF Premier
On 13th i received call from kotak bank from Mr. Sanket, employee, said that I'm pre approved for ltf mojo card with 60,000 limit. He also said that if I don't apply now i will find it difficult to get the card (i know it's not true).

Today morning i received a call from the sanket's colleague and he congratulated me for getting 811 card, with 14,000 limit and 500 annual and joining fees. I immediately corrected him about everything, to which he replied ask the guy who applied he must have said 14,000 and not 60000. I called sanket and he said that must be a misunderstanding and hung up without any confirmation. I called his colleague again and he said, don't worry, woh toh intern tha abhi employee bana hai, jane do (he was just intern until now, forget it). I even got unnecessary cibil hit due to this.

I just want to know that if I don't activate the card, i won't be charged right? Also I know the employee is in my nearest branch and I'm planning to confront him.

Update:- https://www.technofino.in/community...ed-to-give-me-the-promised-credit-card.13953/

Attachments

• 20230516_181952.jpg
    20230516_181952.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

zoro

TF Select
On 13th i received call from kotak bank from Mr. Sanket, employee, said that I'm pre approved for ltf mojo card with 1.5 lakhs limit. He also said that if I don't apply now i will find it difficult to get the card (i know it's not true).

Today morning i received a call from the sanket's colleague and he congratulated me for getting 811 card, with 14,000 limit and 500 annual and joining fees. I immediately corrected him about everything, to which he replied ask the guy who applied he must have said 14,000 and not 1.5 lakhs. I called sanket and he said that must be a misunderstanding and hung up without any confirmation. I called his colleague again and he said, don't worry, woh toh intern tha abhi employee bana hai, jane do (he was just intern until now, forget it). I even got unnecessary cibil hit due to this.

I just want to know that if I don't activate the card, i won't be charged right? Also I know the employee is in my nearest branch and I'm planning to confront him.
It's just a way they scam people to reach their targets, do you have any written proof of him saying that you'll be offered the above mentioned, if yes then you can raise a complaint to RBI else just close your account immediately, maybe then they might try to retain you. But never go with their cheesy words of intern please jaane do, etc. These guys are doing this to many people on a daily basis.

silly_putty

TF Premier
It's just a way they scam people to reach their targets, do you have any written proof of him saying that you'll be offered the above mentioned, if yes then you can raise a complaint to RBI else just close your account immediately, maybe then they might try to retain you. But never go with their cheesy words of intern please jaane do, etc. These guys are doing this to many people on a daily basis.
I do have call recording as everything was done on call. Regretting not getting any written confirmation, still will try to inform this to RBI. Last time i tried making a complaint on ombudsman website i was getting "wrong format" error on text.

0xfallup

TF Ace
I do have call recording as everything was done on call. Regretting not getting any written confirmation, still will try to inform this to RBI. Last time i tried making a complaint on ombudsman website i was getting "wrong format" error on text.
yeah mail country head and nodal about everything and make a threat of going to rbi ombudsman for mis-selling

ccgeek07

TF Premier
On 13th i received call from kotak bank from Mr. Sanket, employee, said that I'm pre approved for ltf mojo card with 1.5 lakhs limit. He also said that if I don't apply now i will find it difficult to get the card (i know it's not true).

Today morning i received a call from the sanket's colleague and he congratulated me for getting 811 card, with 14,000 limit and 500 annual and joining fees. I immediately corrected him about everything, to which he replied ask the guy who applied he must have said 14,000 and not 1.5 lakhs. I called sanket and he said that must be a misunderstanding and hung up without any confirmation. I called his colleague again and he said, don't worry, woh toh intern tha abhi employee bana hai, jane do (he was just intern until now, forget it). I even got unnecessary cibil hit due to this.

I had a similar incident from Axis. We already had a card and received a call for Limit Enhancement Offer. But they issued new card. When I complained them they offered FYF to retain.

Fanny

TF Neo
So similar thing happened with me.. they told me league is ltf . I received the card and when I confirmed with customer care , they told it's charged. I straight away told to close the card and informed him that i was told the card is ltf. Finally he took a request and retention team called me. I told i was informed that the card is ltf but it's not, now i want cancellation. He took a request and made it Ltf. Would suggest to keep the card and make it ltf as mentioned above since cibil is already reported.

silly_putty

TF Premier
So similar thing happened with me.. they told me league is ltf . I received the card and when I confirmed with customer care , they told it's charged. I straight away told to close the card and informed him that i was told the card is ltf. Finally he took a request and retention team called me. I told i was informed that the card is ltf but it's not, now i want cancellation. He took a request and made it Ltf. Would suggest to keep the card and make it ltf as mentioned above since cibil is already reported.
I still don't need a card with 14,000 limit. I have hdfc bank cards with 2.07L limit. I will visit the branch and talk to bm, already have a high mab current account with them.

Edit:- phrasing

Last edited:

silly_putty

TF Premier
Update:- just got a call from retention team, they said they can give gold urban card ltf with 14000 limit. They are not accepting my request for mojo card and not even making 811 as ltf. Now confused what to do as already got cibil hit, should i keep the card or cancel it?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Update:- just got a call from retention team, they said they can give gold urban card ltf with 14000 limit. They are not accepting my request for mojo card and not even making 811 as ltf. Now confused what to do as already got cibil hit, should i keep the card or cancel it?
Take gold urban on Rupay Network.

KOTAK ke offers toh apply ho hi jaayege
RUPAY ke offers bhi ho jayege.

Amazon pe Rupay aur kotak dono ke offers single txn pe apply ho jaate hai

silly_putty

TF Premier
Take gold urban on Rupay Network.

KOTAK ke offers toh apply ho hi jaayege
RUPAY ke offers bhi ho jayege.

Amazon pe Rupay aur kotak dono ke offers single txn pe apply ho jaate hai
Thanks man, rupay ke liye already tata infinity hai. Bas offers keliye ye card ko apply kiya tha. Fhir bhi rakh lunga aur dukhunga upgrade ke liye c2c.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Thanks man, rupay ke liye already tata infinity hai. Bas offers keliye ye card ko apply kiya tha. Fhir bhi rakh lunga aur dukhunga upgrade ke liye c2c.
But Amazon pe jab Rupay aur kotak dono ke offers Simultaneously running hoge toh tab Kotak Rupay card double discount dega.

Jo Tata Infinity se possible nhi hoga.

Offline bhi Reliance Grocery stores/Croma/Vijay Sales ke saath instant discount offers aate rhte hai,
Multiple Rupay cards hoge toh multiple tines benefit avail kar paayega

last year great Indian festival me mne Kotak Rupay DC use kiya thha 20% instant discount plus 10% Apay Cashback Extra.

Agar merpe kotak RUPAY CC hota toh ek baar aur redeem karta .

AsB

TF Ace

Simply raise a complaint on Kotak through their Inbox , normally it does not take more than one escalation. Share proof of everything.

0xfallup

TF Ace
bhai teko bola rbi ombudsman mia daalde mis-selling ka and demand premium card ltf....when there's mistake, there's a opportunity

silly_putty

TF Premier
bhai teko bola rbi ombudsman mia daalde mis-selling ka and demand premium card ltf....when there's mistake, there's a opportunity
im glad i listened to you and went ahead to get the promised card. Made a detailed post about it. Tldr, complained to bank but thwey refused the ticket and asked their daddy (rbi ombudsman) to do something about it. Instantly got replies from nodal officer after the complaint and today got the confirmation that i will soon get the mojo card ltf with 60000 limit!

0xfallup

TF Ace
im glad i listened to you and went ahead to get the promised card. Made a detailed post about it. Tldr, complained to bank but thwey refused the ticket and asked their daddy (rbi ombudsman) to do something about it. Instantly got replies from nodal officer after the complaint and today got the confirmation that i will soon get the mojo card ltf with 60000 limit!
congress chopper :)