• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
Post number 7 has been selected as best answer.

theda

TF Premier
The Kotak Activmoney features without premature withdrawal penalty seem really good but there is a catch here. It says to give 7% interest but the final interest is calculated based on number of days the FD was kept.

For example if you keep the FD for 180 days you will get 7% interest but if you withdraw the money between 46-90 days you will get only 3.5% interest.

In other banks like Indusind with premature withdrawal penalty you only loose 1% of original interest rate. For example if make a FD for 365 days with 7.5 % interest and break it after 90 days you will still get 6.5% interest.

So, it seem Kotak Activmoney has a much bigger premature withdrawal penalty.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Nope...For question thread,You can mark solution and for rest others best answer is there.
Got it now completely... Thanks for your time and explanation..

As this thread should be a question type...as the OP asked the question, can you change this as solution if possible..
Thanks again, for your time...
Now I will create thread properly and explain to the guys who is not aware of it...

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Got it now completely... Thanks for your time and explanation..

As this thread should be a question type...as the OP asked the question, can you change this as solution if possible..
Thanks again, for your time...
Now I will create thread properly and explain to the guys who is not aware of it...
As of now its not possible.It lies with OP to select correct thread type while creating the thread.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
As of now its not possible.It lies with OP to select correct thread type while creating the thread.
It seems even OP can't change thread type after it was already created , right??

ANother question in this case OP created the thread as "discussion" but he claims he can't see " Best Answer" button?? why so?

No I don't. There should should be button but I can't see it.

Last edited:

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
One catch with Kotak Activmoney is the interest is calculated based on Simple Interest not like normal FD which is compounded quarterly.
So say default rate at present for Kotak Activmoney is 7% pa and tenure is 180 days & if you book FD at other bank for same 7% and 180 days tenure if available, you will be getting higher interest amount on maturity in comparison to Kotak.

So annualized rate benefit not apply for Kotak Activmoney due to Simple Interest criteria.

palen

TF Premier
Btw, there is a catch in activmoney. The threshold amount depends on your account variant and mab+5k * 2.

For example, 811 has 25k.

Classic savings account (10k mab) = 30k
Pro savings account (20k mab) = 50k
Ace savings account (50k mab) = 1.1L

So higher the mab your account hold, higher the threshold for activmoney moves higher.

I got to know this from branch manager today.

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Btw, there is a catch in activmoney. The threshold amount depends on your account variant and mab+5k * 2.

So higher the mab your account hold, higher the threshold for activmoney moves higher.

For Ace it is 1lac, Privy Neon threshold 3lacs.

hs23new

TF Premier

Lower threshold is is better correct? as there is not premature withdrawal fee. As long as FD is >45 days, you will earn same or more interest then saving balance.

mj01

TF Select
How often is the money moved to FD? If my threshold is 50k and I deposit 1L tomorrow, will it be moved immediately?

Also does it automatically break the FD if I need to transfer/ withdraw more amount than in savings?

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How often is the money moved to FD? If my threshold is 50k and I deposit 1L tomorrow, will it be moved immediately?

Also does it automatically break the FD if I need to transfer/ withdraw more amount than in savings?
FD gets created every midnight based on threshold & available balance.
And yes it auto debit from FD if amount withdrawn is higher than available.