• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kiwi Axis Bank RuPay UPI Credit Card

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Kiwi launches Lifetime Free 'Axis bank RuPay Credit card' and ‘Credit on UPI’ | Flat 2% Cashback for Waitlist users:

Website link:

Flat 2% Cashback for Waitlist users and Flat 1% Cashback on Scan & Pay

Kiwi app is expected to go live by mid May but the website is ready for users to register and join the waitlist

Kiwi will offer RuPay credit card to users to make UPI payments

The leadership expects to onboard 2 Mn users in eighteen months

Kiwi, a credit card platform, has announced the launch of its all-in-one “Credit on UPI,” solution for customers. Certified by the NPCI, Kiwi is the first app in India that will help customers experience “Credit on UPI” by issuing Rupay Cards in partnership with banks.

With this launch, the company aims to create one of the largest direct-to-consumer (D2C) models in the credit market through its mobile application, which offers users the ability to make payments using either a credit card or bank account directly through their phones in a secure manner.

Speaking about the launch, Siddharth Mehta, co-founder, Kiwi, said, “UPI has become the most inclusive mode of payment in India, with over 30 crore unique users and 5 crore merchants onboarded on the platform. With the launch of Kiwi app, for the first time in India, users can now leverage the power of a (RuPay) credit card with the convenience and ease of UPI. Our vision is to enable access to credit on UPI for 1 million users over the next 18 months.”

Kiwi users will be issued a RuPay credit card, digitally and instantly. Post receiving the card, users will be able to link the card to UPI on the app and will be able to use the “Credit on UPI” transactions facility at offline as well as online stores. The Kiwi app will also help users manage their cards with a host of facilities like blocking cards, increasing limits, and making card payments while rewarding them for every transaction.

Praveena Rai, COO, NPCI said, “In our step towards attaining the goal of ‘Digital Payments for All’, Kiwi will be a game-changer in the Indian credit card industry. With the monthly expenditure on UPI P2M transactions amounting to approximately Rs. 3.2 lakh crore, which is almost 2.5x larger than the monthly credit card spends, Kiwi is set to capitalize on a significant untapped market. Looking at the whitespace that Kiwi is addressing, we’re confident that their model will support plenty of Indian credit card users on a daily basis.”

Last edited:

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hold up, are you saying that credit card number and CVV is not shown to you as customer?
Ha, it's not available in the kiwi app, apparantly that feature is also work in progress, or it could also be issue with phone compatibility but I'm using a fairly new phone (S23)
Attaching a video of the app home screen.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20230605_231605_Kiwi.mp4
    14.1 MB

pankaj_ji

TF Premier
Ha, it's not available in the kiwi app, apparantly that feature is also work in progress, or it could also be issue with phone compatibility but I'm using a fairly new phone (S23)
Attaching a video of the app home screen.
You are right. They are not showing details. So maybe you dont know card details and maynot use for other offers

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
brother how much limit you got in kiwi as compare to other banks credit cards ?
is your credit limit same as max limit on other banks credit card or did you got low limit as compare to other cards ?
what about limit in kiwi as compare to your axis bank cards ?
On txn sms recieved, got to know the limit of kiwi card is 125k which is coincidentally same as limit of my other axis cc, so I'm not sure whether it's seperate limit or showing combined limit.

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You are right. They are not showing details. So maybe you dont know card details and maynot use for other offers
should that not be illegal?
Even the likes of slice/lazypay mentioned the real loan account number so in case some issues with the fintech app, user could atleast close the loan account with the real nbfc/lender.

And exactly my question to them was how I'm supposed to pay the cc bill, if it can't even be added to cred/paytm or axis app.
Their customer care gave most moronic answer.

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
this is outright dangerous, will stay away from this until they decide to be 'mature' in all sense of the word.
Yeah now I'm also regretting the decision to make a txn from their app.
Albeit it was just ₹1, if kiwi peeps can't sort out their shit within a week I'll have to write to axis for closing this credit card.

jimmypappachan

TF Premier
should that not be illegal?
Even the likes of slice/lazypay mentioned the real loan account number so in case some issues with the fintech app, user could atleast close the loan account with the real nbfc/lender.

And exactly my question to them was how I'm supposed to pay the cc bill, if it can't even be added to cred/paytm or axis app.
Their customer care gave most moronic answer.
This startup seems shady. In the beginning, they were asking PAN no for adding to waiting list :cautious:

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This startup seems shady. In the beginning, they were asking PAN no for adding to waiting list :cautious:
Oh that's huge redflag, i remember entering the email only for the wait list.

These kind of waitlists are mostly a attention grab I believe, many don't even store data on their servers, just show cached random numbers on your browser.

I remember some time back there was this ace card, (reward in fractional share of companies) they shut down the company in funding winter no product launch.

pankaj_ji

TF Premier
Yeah now I'm also regretting the decision to make a txn from their app.
Albeit it was just ₹1, if kiwi peeps can't sort out their shit within a week I'll have to write to axis for closing this credit card.
Ruko bhai zara
Itna marathon and waiting clear karke aaye h...lets enjoy it a bit.

VIRTUAL RUPAY PLATINUM CARD BEING OFFERED. Card Details Partly visible on Paytm App after we link it with PAYTM UPI.

dheere dheere sab mil jaega.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Even if you pay UPI via Bank Account, they are giving, 4 kiwi (1Re) cashback, so even if you do Chai (Tea) payment of 10 Rs via bank account, you get 10% cashback. Even if you do 500 Rs payment, it still gives 4 kiwi (1 Re) so better to use for very small payments like vegetable, tea, samosa. If you buy a toffee and do a transaction of Rs 1, then also you will get 4 kiwi (100% cashback)

Rest, its lifetime free and have a reward rate of 1-2% on upi scan thats main advantage
Nope as per the T&C you can do small payments as small as Re. 5 for a cutting chai but the reward points are awarded for transactions in multiples of Rs. 50. So for transactions lower than Rs. 50 you do not earn any Kiwis.

pankaj_ji

TF Premier
Nope as per the T&C you can do small payments as small as Re. 5 for a cutting chai but the reward points are awarded for transactions in multiples of Rs. 50. So for transactions lower than Rs. 50 you do not earn any Kiwis.
I was telling about kiwi scan and pay through bank account.

Yes regarding credit card, you are partially correct... for online transaction min limit is 50, but for scan and pay, minimum limit to earn kiwi is 25.

romilq

TF Ace
I was telling about kiwi scan and pay through bank account.

Yes regarding credit card, you are partially correct... for online transaction min limit is 50, but for scan and pay, minimum limit to earn kiwi is 25.
Do they ask for consent again before issuing card or you automatically get approval or rejection once it is your turn ? Because I am in waitlist and I don't really want this card now. I am worried that when it is my turn it may get approved automatically.