• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Keep getting calls saying Pre Approved Card offer

I keep getting calls saying I have Pre approved offer from, say RBL Bank, but the agent's true caller name reveals to be ICICI Agent. And when I called RBL Bank directly( I already have an RBL card) and asked them if I do have a pre approved offer, they say there's no offer right now. I confronted with the agent who called me and asked if she's actually from RBL Bank or some other third party sites like IndiaLends, Paisabazaar, and she says no. So what's the actual truth here? And it's not just with RBL, I have received calls from agents saying they're calling from Indusind Bank, and made me apply for CC, but they dont follow up at all. The keyword being here is "Pre Approved" . Am i actually pre approved or are they calling random numbers in the database and asking them to apply, hoping that the person they call will be eligible to get a card? Please help me out. Thanks!

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I keep getting calls saying I have Pre approved offer from, say RBL Bank, but the agent's true caller name reveals to be ICICI Agent. And when I called RBL Bank directly( I already have an RBL card) and asked them if I do have a pre approved offer, they say there's no offer right now. I confronted with the agent who called me and asked if she's actually from RBL Bank or some other third party sites like IndiaLends, Paisabazaar, and she says no. So what's the actual truth here? And it's not just with RBL, I have received calls from agents saying they're calling from Indusind Bank, and made me apply for CC, but they dont follow up at all. The keyword being here is "Pre Approved" . Am i actually pre approved or are they calling random numbers in the database and asking them to apply, hoping that the person they call will be eligible to get a card? Please help me out. Thanks!
Mostly they are agents and they are not pre-approved ...

If you don't have any relationship with abc bank than you can't get any pre approved offer from them.

If they are claiming it's pre approved ask them to send mail from registered mail otherwise cut the call.

Most of the banks offer card on no docs basis than sales person told the customer it's pre approved even if it's not pre approved.

abhiver

TF Premier
All these Pre-approved card are basic and pretty useless if you hold any good card. They are useful to get into the bank customer database, but that can be done without these agent support.

Agent will only take your information and fill the form, which you can also do these days Online.

If any agent call, then ask them for some higher variants card of that bank, if they confirm you that they can provide you those card then it is useful to go through agent route.

Tejo

TF Legend
I too received similar calls they directly ask to confirm my pan while they have my complete pan number already 😡

But they are generous when I ask are you from bank or third party, they will say bank bazaar or xx company.