• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Joint account with two phone numbers/upi ids

RM95

TF Select
I think this has been discussed before in other threads, but I didn't find any viable solution yet, so asking this again:

My wife and I are planning to open a joint account where we want to deposit money from our salary accounts for rent, some household/online spends, etc.
It has to be linked to both of our phone numbers so that we can use UPI from both of our phones, and dual debit cards would be the cherry on top.

Any suggestions on what account to go for that satisfies both (or atleast the UPI criterion)?

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I think this has been discussed before in other threads, but I didn't find any viable solution yet, so asking this again:

My wife and I are planning to open a joint account where we want to deposit money from our salary accounts for rent, some household/online spends, etc.
It has to be linked to both of our phone numbers so that we can use UPI from both of our phones, and dual debit cards would be the cherry on top.

Any suggestions on what account to go for that satisfies both (or atleast the UPI criterion)?
@4uziaul
Maybe he xan help.🙂

nileshgr

TF Buzz
Opened joint account in Either/Survivor mode with HDFC - with two debit cards, both of us are able to use UPI independently against our mobile numbers. Can't have different UPI PIN though.. which is fine for me.

Edit: The limitation of 1 account 1 mobile seems to be there. Only one of us is able to use UPI via any UPI app (Payzapp, PhonePe, etc). But HDFC Bank's own app works for making UPI payments (without UPI Pin) - for both of us.

Last edited:

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker

Hi,
I can help you with this regard since I am working in Axis Bank Affluent segment. Share with me your contact number so that we can discuss about it more in depth.

nileshgr

TF Buzz
Hi,
I can help you with this regard since I am working in Axis Bank Affluent segment. Share with me your contact number so that we can discuss about it more in depth.

Does this work with Axis platform? I had opened joint priority account in Axis first to try, but it didn't work & branch, customer service said it's not possible -- it doesn't work for me. Both of us are independently able to operate the account via net banking / mobile app though.

skchamp

TF Buzz
Opened joint account in Either/Survivor mode with HDFC - with two debit cards, both of us are able to use UPI independently against our mobile numbers. Can't have different UPI PIN though.. which is fine for me.

Edit: The limitation of 1 account 1 mobile seems to be there. Only one of us is able to use UPI via any UPI app (Payzapp, PhonePe, etc). But HDFC Bank's own app works for making UPI payments (without UPI Pin) - for both of us.
Is it still working smoothly? Are both able to use UPI's from your own numbers?

nileshgr

TF Buzz
Yes. Like I mentioned earlier - PIN based transaction works only for one of us at a time. But HDFC app has a facility to bypass the UPI PIN and pay directly to QR / UPI ID based on fingerprint or app PIN / password.