• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITC: Room is on us

absolutezero1983

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I also saw this Room is on us category room on the ITC App. Does it mean that we can book this room and use ITC green points during checkout

prabhuk

TF Buzz
Looks like the T&C says :
All Credits should be utilized during the same stay only. Credits cannot be encashed or carried forward.

Bills paid directly at any outlet cannot be later adjusted against Credits at the time of check-out.

absolutezero1983

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
will we get credit if the booking is via green points?
Actually you can't book this offer through green points. That option doesn't show on the App. However my question is if I book a room is on us booking on ITC App/website which is guaranteed by a credit card , Can I at the time of checkout settle the bill through green points ?

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
One small caveat here - from what I’ve seen at most properties where this offer has been running, the price of the room when availing this offer is slightly higher than the regular room + breakfast rate (for Marriott properties)

In most instances where I’ve availed this at Marriott, the room cost goes up by 20-50% which isn’t all that bad since you get the same amount back as credits but you do end up spending a lot more than originally estimated. Works really well if you just book a room instead of using hotel facilities outright (spa, restaurant, etc). Many properties will also force you to spend the credit on a daily (non cumulative) basis.

sinew

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Has anyone tried to use this when they are planning to throw a party, basically 1/2 person check in earlier in the day and then use the credits for a large group reservation at dinner.

Basically to extract more value out of a group meal that you were planning to host anyway

Couldn't find anything against this in the T&C

Reward Hunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can someone guide if we want marriot points, it was said to convert to ITC and then transfer you get double value is it true or still there.?

kirtivardhan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Has anyone tried to use this when they are planning to throw a party, basically 1/2 person check in earlier in the day and then use the credits for a large group reservation at dinner.

Basically to extract more value out of a group meal that you were planning to host anyway

Couldn't find anything against this in the T&C
Last time I used it I did have 2 guests over for dinner at their restaurant so no reason it wont work for a larger party

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Update: Found some properties on weekdays. Weekend could not find even a single property in south india, even the city ones
Can you let us know which properties did you find in this offer. I am not able to see anything now. weekday or weekend