• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITC Maratha, a Hotel for the Luxury Transit Traveller Staying in Mumbai

photo_2023-01-02 12.22.15.jpeg

As you all know ITC being one of the finest hotel chain in India comes with diverse offerings through its properties. From staycation properties to transit hotels, they're serving their guests. ITC Maratha has been no exceptions in terms of hospitality.

Our trip to Mumbai was a sudden plan, and ITC Maratha was in our bucket list for a long time, as we had heard more good things about its versatile cuisine offerings which gets termed as one of the finest in Mumbai. Our whole stay was furnished by ITC Green Points and we got insane value of it.

Let's start from the beginning. We made the booking for the Towers categories of room, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask if any upgrade can get provided or not. Though I was not so sure if I'd get the upgrade as being the month of December, the hotels usually runs at 70-80% of occupancy and most of the finest offerings stays sold out already. But to our surprise, in two days we got a revert back from Mrs. Arohi, who is there as PR & Marketing Manager that they'd be happy to provide us the upgrade, and it was not just one fold, but they provided us 3 fold upgrade to their finest of the offerings, Deluxe Suite. The time being we stayed, the room was going for ₹ 45,000 as revenue rate and we paid 12,600 Green Points a day for booking which is ₹ 3.5 value per ITC Green Points. Though the ITC Green Points are having a value of more than ₹1 always but this value was insane at the peak time.

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.01.jpeg

As the peak time and travel being planned like less than 2 weeks earlier, the flight time went odd for us and we were definitely too early to reach the property, to be precise, at 7 am. Early check in is a thing and we thought to reach out to the front desk at 10 am or later but the Duty Manager came and asked us if we've got any reservation there, and when we told that we've and we're just waiting for the early check-in, he immediately told us to wait 30 mins, and he just managed to check us in to our room even before 30 mins of said wait time. A check in 7 hours early, was not actually expected to be received, it was a sweet gesture that was worthy to mention.
Please do note, the early check-in and upgradation are subject to availability even if you hold elite status with the respective hotel chain and it doesn't give guarantee of the same.

Now let's look into the the room we got. As mentioned above, we were pre-upgraded to the Deluxe Suite and it was spacious. Having this much space in Mumbai is a true privilege. Few Snaps of it:

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.13.jpeg

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.11.jpeg

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.09.jpeg

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.08.jpeg

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.06.jpeg

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.15.jpeg

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.16.jpeg

photo_2023-01-01 15.22.18.jpeg

View attachment Video 2023-01-02 at 12.59.35 PM.mp4

There are two Deluxe Suites in each floor, one being only road-side and airport view and other being pool-view. We were having the room at their 3rd floor and the view is definitely great.

Now let's come to the part which makes ITC Maratha stands different than other 5 star properties in Mumbai. The obvious answer is the versatility of the restaurants. There are 6 different restaurants of ITC Maratha named Peshawri, Dum Pukht, Pan Asian, Peshwa Pavilion, Bombay High, Dakshin Coastal. We had complimentary breakfast with our stay at Peshwa Pavilion and one of the best part of ITC's award redemption is that they do include the breakfast along with the tariff which can be seen with only Elite tiers of other hotels' loyalty programs only. The first time ever I left my comfort-zone of Peshawri and went to Dum Pukht and the decision was just on point. This is the second ever Dum Pukht among all the ITC properties out there and it comes with the authentic Awadhi dishes which will make anyone want to come back. Adding to that, I personally can vouch for Pan Asian for the people who're thinking about Chinese cuisine. Make sure you're actually checking with the restaurant that Chef Liang is there, and if you want any specially curated dishes for you, he'll be happy to do it for you. Chef Liang is one the finest Chefs in India who're into authentic Chinese cuisine crafting. Some of the shots of the Yummies:

photo_2023-01-02 03.11.09.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 03.11.00.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 03.12.54.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 03.13.00.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 03.12.50.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 03.12.57.jpeg

Though we went for a staycation but this property is mainly focused on the transit travellers and especially the business travellers. It has all the features a transit hotel can be. As we booked Tower rooms, we were already eligible for the Lounge access, which is named as Uppercrust Lounge. It's a beautiful lounge with great Cocktail Chefs and decent sides offering. Oh yes, did I forget to mention how beautiful it looks from the lounge to the all the dining area? When we went, the Christmas decoration just started and it added glow to the property itself.
Apart from all the B-Leisure Facilities, as a transit hotel the proximity from the airport is very less. I was having a conversation with a person who is a frequent visitor to the property and he told me he choose to stay here for the lounge access and the proximity from the airport itself which makes it easier for all the business travellers saves a good amount of time from the infamous Mumbai traffic.

photo_2023-01-02 11.40.17.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 11.40.29.jpeg

How it can be completed without a relaxing swim? ITC Maratha has a beautiful pool area, which may not be as big as most other ITC properties but it has it's own aesthetics. Let's have a look

photo_2023-01-02 12.22.03.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 12.22.06.jpeg

View attachment Video 2023-01-02 at 1.00.27 PM.mp4

Here are some aesthetic pictures of the property itself:

photo_2023-01-02 12.43.04.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 12.42.42.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 12.42.53.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 12.42.50.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 12.42.55.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 12.42.58.jpeg

photo_2023-01-02 12.46.26.jpeg

So that's all folks, hope you've enjoyed the read. Let us know what you think about this property and if you've stayed here earlier, let us know how was your experience over here.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks Subhankar for sharing your experience - indeed you had a luxurious stay.

By the way, I came across this thread, from google, while searching for ITC 1+1 Compliemntary Offer experience at ITC Maratha. Its like bagal mein chora gaon mein dindhora :p

Thanks @keeler for sharing your experience. I have Infinia for sometime now, planning to go this weekend to ITC Maratha for lunch buffet

Last edited:

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
2700 including tax for dinner. Lunch is about 2400. Three of us, including our 4 years old kid eat once a month dinner or lunch.

Every time the menu is different
Hi Keeler, I am told Buffet Price- INR 3245/- (Inclusive Tax) per person for Lunch.

At ITC Maratha Mumbai Peshwa Pavilion

keeler

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Most likely free they dont check age as such. Just dont tell that a child will be there
My son has never been asked to pay. As a travel hack I never put a child in hotel bookings as most hotels kids below 5 stay free. But if you put a child in booking prices increase, this is true for most properties.

thedator

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I mailed to hotel itself. Reservation desk will not entertain these requests
@Subhankar a quick question - how did you find email id of the hotel. I cant see r
that anywhere for ITC. As compared, in Taj, I can see individual hotel reservation desk email ids.

You are correct. I emailed ITC central resevation desk requesting an upgrade and they were of no help at all.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
@Subhankar a quick question - how did you find email id of the hotel. I cant see r
that anywhere for ITC. As compared, in Taj, I can see individual hotel reservation desk email ids.

You are correct. I emailed ITC central resevation desk requesting an upgrade and they were of no help at all.
Mail duty manager. It’s always dutymanager . (Hotel’s name) @itchotels.in

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Dear @Subhankar Sir ... Thanks again for this detailed post.

I had a wonderful 3-night stay at ITC MARATHA recently.

I too got the Deluxe Suite, same room but my room had T2 view ....
I settled the entire amount (F&B, MiniBar, SPA & 18% GAT) using Green Points ....
Amazing! Glad to know you had a great experience

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Subhankar Sir... I was not aware that if you settle everything using Green Points you will not earn the green points back ... like 5% on stay ... 20-25% on F7B and SPA .....

Please enlighten me ... whether the overall spending or award nights will be counted towards tier-upgrade or not?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
@Subhankar Sir... I was not aware that if you settle everything using Green Points you will not earn the green points back ... like 5% on stay ... 20-25% on F7B and SPA .....

Please enlighten me ... whether the overall spending or award nights will be counted towards tier-upgrade or not?
Ofcourse you will not earn. Pts earning is on revenue only. Points = awards, thus you can not earn awards against awards. It’s same across all the loyalty programs and this is how it’s suppose to be

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

In Marriot Bonvoy points based stays are also counted towards tier upgrade

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It’s same for ITC as well and most other programs
One more thing ... the TIER UPGRADE is not dynamic ...
It will happen at the end of the membership year ...
regardless of whether the Cullinaire Membership is renewed by the user or not ...

There is no clarity on whether the overall spend includes Award Night or Green Point settlements or not?