• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITC Denied Tax Payment Using Green Points

khaitan.rajesh29

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
In my case, more than 4 ITC hotels declined to accept green points for ITC hotel stay. They asked to pay the taxes separately.

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can try writing an email to their feedback team or just tag them on Twitter. I recently paid the entire tax amount for a week-long stay (booked through Green points) at a WelcomHotel property, and they had no issues.

It might happen that their server is down, which would prevent them from redeeming Green Points from your account instantly. I faced this issue once, but I asked for the front desk manager, and he completed the checkout process for me and arranged a call from their team for the OTP to redeem the green points once the server was back in operation.
I don't think it was a server problem. They accepted points payments for meals, etc. They only wanted me to pay taxes by cash/card.

HOME_CARDER

TF Select
I don't think it was a server problem. They accepted points payments for meals, etc. They only wanted me to pay taxes by cash/card.
Okay, I think you should write a feedback email to them. ITC usually takes the feedback of its CULINAIRE & CLUB ITC members seriously. They typically arrange a call-back from their end, understand the problems, and provide a fair resolution.

I recently settled a bill at a WelcomHotel property, and they denied redeeming points for the tax part of the bill.

I booked an award night using green points and have always heard that Green Points can also be used to pay taxes.

Can anyone shed some light on it?
I think it depends on property. ITC settled my food bill, tax portion also with green points on 19.05.23.

Consultant

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi All, booking my first trip through ITC - Magnus. While looking out for hotels to book, I noticed - only a few of them shows option of Green points and most of them don't.
Does that mean for the rest green points do not work? Attaching an example for each. Please guide. How do i go ahead with those where the green points options does not show.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 5.59.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 5.59.59 PM.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 6.00.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 6.00.25 PM.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 40

SoN!c

TF Select
VIP Lounge
This may be a very convoluted approach, but is it possible to tag your bonvoy account to an ITC stay (say by booking through the Bonvoy app) and then at the time of checkout, pay using ITC Green Points? Also, is 1 Green point consideres equivalent to Rs 1? If this is the case then it is a sure shot way to get Rs 0.80 value per ER point

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
This may be a very convoluted approach, but is it possible to tag your bonvoy account to an ITC stay (say by booking through the Bonvoy app) and then at the time of checkout, pay using ITC Green Points? Also, is 1 Green point consideres equivalent to Rs 1? If this is the case then it is a sure shot way to get Rs 0.80 value per ER point
Yes worked well but u cannot book normal ITC from Marriott Bonvoy
Only luxury collections booking possible
I used once Marriott Bonvoy offered booking any luxury collections and get 50% of spent value points in Marriott Bonvoy
Those campaigns will be run by Marriott Bonvoy yearly twice

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Do we know if ITC grand Goa accepts green points for Tax component?
Just to update, ITC grand goa accepted all the payment using green points. There was no discussion of tax component etc. I redeemed majority amount via green points (which included some bit of Tax component also) and remaining amount was paid via ITC vouchers purchased from Gyftr smartbuy HDFC at 5% discount

This stay upgraded me to ITC Silver status also. But not sure if I will be able to use any of Silver benefits anytime soon