• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is this email legitimate?

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So I received this email from axis Bank asking me to use my 'LIC' credit card (which I don't have) so I can get a voucher on some spends.

While they got the card variant wrong the card number (last 4 digits) are of the ACE card that I hold. So the question is was this wrongly sent to me or is the card variant misspelled or this is some sort of scam and I should ignore.

Also I have not used my card for three months now so I think this may be for ace but cannot say for sure. Don't want to unnecessary spend on something only to find there no voucher.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201-195507-715~4.png
    Screenshot_20240201-195507-715~4.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 92

Mruseless

TF Premier
So I received this email from axis Bank asking me to use my 'LIC' credit card (which I don't have) so I can get a voucher on some spends.

While they got the card variant wrong the card number (last 4 digits) are of the ACE card that I hold. So the question is was this wrongly sent to me or is the card variant misspelled or this is some sort of scam and I should ignore.

Also I have not used my card for three months now so I think this may be for ace but cannot say for sure. Don't want to unnecessary spend on something only to find there no voucher.
Legit hai, Go and claim the offer

Strange

TF Legend

Aise offers useless myzone card holders ko kyu nahi bhej rahe.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Yes valid and legitimate.

Riya

TF Ace

just check the sender's mail id first of all... if it ends with @axisbank.com (read all the alphabets carefully) then it's legit....

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Aise offers useless myzone card holders ko kyu nahi bhej rahe.
They are sending for LIC cards because this is Insurance spending months and LIC being king here, there will be some insurance spends in every household.

And For myzone card is very basic card just for Axis bank merchant offers and some online food delivery offers. Usually LTF.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
That's the catch right. I don't have LIC card. I have only once axis card which is ACE and they have mentioned number of that card in the mail
Probably they want you to apply for LIC card..
I haven't heard this LIC card anyway

Random123

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That's the catch right. I don't have LIC card. I have only once axis card which is ACE and they have mentioned number of that card in the mail
Yes got the same email for flipkart card , probably messed up their BIN logic. I believe if last 4 digits are correct and if your card wasn't used recently (which was true in my case), this should be valid and applicable irrespective of their card variant name mismatch. My 2 cents but this is axis we are talking about !