• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is there any debit card that has 0% markup for international ATM cash withdrawal

I know many DCs that have 0% markup on POS & online transactions.

And there probably will always be a ATM usage fee. Slapped on both by the ATM bank abroad and your own bank.

Still is there any DC that offers 0% or very low markup charges? And even better if they have a minimal ATM fee.

NikhilG

TF Select
You can upgrade your legend cc to pinnacle by paying some fees and open an exclusive acc or upgrade if you already hold … only if you have requirement of exclusive acc otherwise don’t
I don't have any requirement of exclusive account, its just that I thought I would get a debit card with zero markup fee with exclusive acc and that might help in getting cheap atm withdrawals in foreign countries

0xfallup

TF Ace
I don't have any requirement of exclusive account, its just that I thought I would get a debit card with zero markup fee with exclusive acc and that might help in getting cheap atm withdrawals in foreign countries
Yeah , that’s what I said do your research if you find out that you will be able to save some dime then you can upgrade your legend cc to pinnacle and get exclusive 0MAB account

NikhilG

TF Select
Yeah , that’s what I said do your research if you find out that you will be able to save some dime then you can upgrade your legend cc to pinnacle and get exclusive 0MAB account
I will request them to update my legend to pinnacle ltf after few days. Any idea what is markup fee in pinnacle?

Trevorjames

TF Buzz
The IndusInd Exclusive/Grande/Pioneer accounts will be provided with a zero Forex debit card. The cards offer free ATM withdrawals abroad. You will bear only the foreign bank atm usage fee(if any). You can consider opening an account with them.
Niyo Global used to be a good option, but I feel their service is questionable. Especially with RBI banning their SBM-partnered offering for FX transactions. And they will charge you a fee of Rs.100+GST on international ATM withdrawals.
That means it doesn’t charge a network currency exchange fee? How much would be the average foreign bank atm usage fee? Does mastercard or visa variant matters in this case?

Last edited:

Trevorjames

TF Buzz
You are actually mistaken , with pinnacle cc linked to your exclusive acc you can keep IndusInd exclusive as 0MAB
Hi, have a dormant account with indusind. Can I request pinnacle CC without joining fee with say a 5 lakh check and make it a 0 mab. I am going on a world trip on a budget. Card with no forex markup and no network exchange fee would be useful and 0 balance can save me from scams.

0xfallup

TF Ace
Hi, have a dormant account with indusind. Can I request pinnacle CC without joining fee with say a 5 lakh check and make it a 0 mab. I am going on a world trip on a budget. Card with no forex markup and no network exchange fee would be useful and 0 balance can save me from scams.
have a visit to branch and negotiate

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
That means it doesn’t charge a network currency exchange fee? How much would be the average foreign bank atm usage fee? Does mastercard or visa variant matters in this case?
It charges you a fee as per visa/mc exchange rates. You can check their respective websites(Visa/MC) for that info. Foreign bank atm usage fee depends on the country and the bank that you will be withdrawing from. There are several zero-fee ATMs present across the world. You can do a bit of research based on the country you want to visit. For example, Maybank ATMS in SE Asian countries have not charged me any fee so far. The atm withdrawal fee does not vary if you use MC/Visa/JCB/Discover to withdraw money. But from my experience, MC almost always offers a slightly more favourable exchange rate.
Getting a Pinnacle CC without JF is difficult. You can contact your branch and see what they can offer you. If you want a zero forex card, there are plenty of options. You can browse the forum for the same. SBI has recently launched a card(Rupay-JCB) which is apparently zero forex too.