• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is SBI Vistara prime worth it anymore?

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys

I was wondering if SBI Vistara prime card is even worth it anymore?
Read in multiple places that it is becoming very difficult to book flights using the "free ticket vouchers" and you need to book months in advance. Is it the same case with utilising CV points? Can the CV points be used to book all regular flights tickets on their website or only for specific seats (award seats)?
Do they consider rent payments via Redgiraffe for milestones and rewards?
I was considering applying for this card for rent payments!

Thanks in advance!

abhinavj

TF Neo
Hi, I was thinking of applying for the SBI Vistara Prime credit card or IDFC Vistara card and had the following questions (request your patience in replying to these as I am a noob) :
1. How many points are earned for fuel transactions for SBI - 4 per 200 or lesser?
IDFC Vistara limits this to 1 per 200

2. Is there fuel surcharge waiver for SBI?
IDFC Vistara waives up to 400 per month

3. How many points are earned for utility/rent/wallet load transactions for SBI?
IDFC Vistara limits this to 1 per 200

4. Can I pay rent using SBI card via payzapp Rent Giraffe and earn CV points and how many?

5. Does paying through payzapp (without loading wallet) count as wallet transaction and earn CV points?

msk1437

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
SBI Vistara Prime credit card or IDFC Vistara card
Sbi gives 4 CV points per 200 on all but the following MCCs

Office supplies - 5111, 5943
Dining - 5812, 5813, 5814
E wallet - 6540, 6541

Sbi vistara doesn't have many exclusions for reward points but you should proceed knowing customer service is excluded

If you spend much on fuel, utilities go for it else prefer IDFC vistara.

1. 4
2. Sbi has waiver too
3. 4
4. didn't try it but should be same
5. didn't try payzapp but paying directly without loading into wallet gave travel MCC for flight booking

Last edited:

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge

E wallet - 6540, 6541

Sbi vistara doesn't have many exclusions for reward points but you should proceed knowing customer service is excluded

If you spend much on fuel, utilities, wallet loads, go for it else prefer IDFC vistara.

1. 4
2. Sbi has waiver too
3. 4
5. didn't try payzapp but paying directly without loading into wallet gave travel MCC for flight booking
Does Advance Tax payments, Gold purchase still counts as milestones and CV point rewards?

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge

E wallet - 6540, 6541

If you spend much on fuel, utilities, wallet loads, go for it else prefer IDFC vistara.

1. 4
2. Sbi has waiver too
3. 4
My Card is due for renewal in July, is it still worth it to renew it looking at the new merger program announce by Air India with Flying returns (seems like devaluation for CV).
My primary use case was 1) Rent (now gone) and Govt Spend,
@Abhishek012 Is it still worth it to convert to Rupay Network and ask for retention for next year.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
My Card is due for renewal in July, is it still worth it to renew it looking at the new merger program announce by Air India with Flying returns (seems like devaluation for CV).
My primary use case was 1) Rent (now gone) and Govt Spend,
@Abhishek012 Is it still worth it to convert to Rupay Network and ask for retention for next year.
Which card ? SBI Vistara available on RuPay ?

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yes, I read the other Rupay post on SBI Prime rupay conversion on IVR, so this isn't in same league though co-branded (mine master card), was thinking of converting it to Rupay, but 1st question is it worth to continue.
Bro not all cards can be randomly converted if they are not even launched

All Vistara cards from Axus and SBI are on Vusa only and IDFC is issuing through MC

Lastly Abhishek bhai will let us know any and all Rupay card variant launches

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Bro not all cards can be randomly converted if they are not even launched

All Vistara cards from Axus and SBI are on Vusa only and IDFC is issuing through MC

Lastly Abhishek bhai will let us know any and all Rupay card variant launches
I understand that Co-branded cards are different from core cards and by the way SBI has been issuing it on Mastercard and not Visa, if they have started doing it for SBI Prime cards,that's why i was checking with him, may be for co branded as well, what is harm in exploring.

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I understand that Co-branded cards are different from core cards and by the way SBI has been issuing it on Mastercard and not Visa, if they have started doing it for SBI Prime cards,that's why i was checking with him, may be for co branded as well, what is harm in exploring.
Missed to mention mine is SBI Club Vistara Prime card.