• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it worth getting DCB along with Magnus

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys.
I recently got a magnus and got an upgrade offer from Regalia to DCB at the same time. I am not a big spender every month plan to keep it 40-50k per month. Some months might have more than 1L spend but it will be unplanned. DCB is free for first year but then it is 10k per year. Is it worth?
Please suggest.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

suhailmz

TF Premier
Yes gone through the interesting achievements
But my case existing regalia is with 3lac limit 9 months old
Not a salary account but I have a 1.5l FD in the account for 5yrs auto renewal which I did to maintain zero balance in savings max account with platinum debit card
Even I am ok to mark lien let me check with branch
Even if you mark FD lien, you will only get 70-80% of its value as an added limit to your card. See, your regalia is 9 months old, I would suggest wait for 1 year and then push them for LE.

Faust

TF Select
Is there an advantage of LE? Does the chance of upgrading the card from Regalia to Infinia depend on card limit?

My DC Premium was 5L until it expired / got deactivated.
When I received my Regalia the limit was 3L.

I get messages / calls for LE for my other cards but I see that as a potential increase in damage if there is fraudulent activity and consequently ignore them .

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes gone through the interesting achievements
But my case existing regalia is with 3lac limit 9 months old
Not a salary account but I have a 1.5l FD in the account for 5yrs auto renewal which I did to maintain zero balance in savings max account with platinum debit card
Even I am ok to mark lien let me check with branch
Hey! I am kinda on the same boat.
So my Business Regalia is 7 months old, it's LTF with a limit of 2.7L. It's not a salary account. I have Savings Max account, but made 2L FD to waive off AMB. 2 months ago I was offered account variant update to Imperia, which I accepted. Limit on 4 month old Magnus is 5Lacs. Ultimately, I would like to get Infinia 🤞🏼

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hey! I am kinda on the same boat.
So my Business Regalia is 7 months old, it's LTF with a limit of 2.7L. It's not a salary account. I have Savings Max account, but made 2L FD to waive off AMB. 2 months ago I was offered account variant update to Imperia, which I accepted. Limit on 4 month old Magnus is 5Lacs. Ultimately, I would like to get Infinia 🤞🏼
Good to hear
Hope ur 2lakh fd made the magic here
Product wise for max account 1.5fd enough
Anyways I try the same

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Good to hear
Hope ur 2lakh fd made the magic here
Product wise for max account 1.5fd enough
Anyways I try the same
Yeah, I don't think it was the 2L FD only. Imperia variant required much higher relationship value. It was most likely these 3 things, which was also my strategy.
1. I opened my sister's account with HDFC, same account type, with 1.5L FD, merged it with mine, under same Group ID. Then I did the same with my other sister. So collectively 5L FDs of all 3.
2. I made high amount transactions through HDFC. Even if it was not needed, I routed it through HDFC.
3. At one point, I had to hold a big amount for sometime before making the payment, I was holding the amount on my account for one and a half months.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Yeah, I don't think it was the 2L FD only. Imperia variant required much higher relationship value. It was most likely these 3 things, which was also my strategy.
1. I opened my sister's account with HDFC, same account type, with 1.5L FD, merged it with mine, under same Group ID. Then I did the same with my other sister. So collectively 5L FDs of all 3.
2. I made high amount transactions through HDFC. Even if it was not needed, I routed it through HDFC.
3. At one point, I had to hold a big amount for sometime before making the payment, I was holding the amount on my account for one and a half months.
Nice work out
Btw me and my wife both have accounts but not merged
Can we do merge on our own?

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Nice work out
Btw me and my wife both have accounts but not merged
Can we do merge on our own?
I think you should put it under the same Group ID. This should work. You have to do this through branch only. After getting Imperia, I get emails like this to merge other family members, I don't think it's possible from net banking without Imperia, do it through branch. If you wife also has some FD, it will increase group value. Usually they upgrade to Preferred, before giving Imperia. I got it directly because of the 2nd and 3rd point ^

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 2.59.02 PM.png

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I think you should put it under the same Group ID. This should work. You have to do this through branch only. After getting Imperia, I get emails like this to merge other family members, I don't think it's possible from net banking without Imperia, do it through branch. If you wife also has some FD, it will increase group value. Usually they upgrade to Preferred, before giving Imperia. I got it directly because of the 2nd and 3rd point ^

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 2.59.02 PM.png
Thanks for the insight
Will visit branch post 31st else I will be targeted with insurance policies 😊

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What's the advantage with combining multiple accounts to same Group ID?

- Will they treat both customers differently or same?
- Will they offer same level of cards to both (if one has Regalia and other has Moneyback+ - how will upgrades happen / same consideration as regalia person or treat regalia and account balance + moneyback and account balance separate)?
- Won't two accounts with two RMs (I know they're not much benefits but in general scenario) increases chances by luck?
- Also, if one not worried any of these won't it better to maintain 25k+25k on two savingsmax to enjoy all the benefits (AFAIK, in HDFC either luck or higher relationship matter but how they'll use this TRV when multiple accounts combined, will they treat family manager with better benefits and other family members usually or all are same?
- MAB is counted collectively for all passengers.
- They treat all Imperia members similarly, doesn't matter if you are under Group or not.
- They do offer LTF cards to all group ID. I first received Business Regalia LTF. I added my sister later on. She does not maintain much balance on her account, but I do (balance+FD), so she also received LTF Regalia offer few weeks ago i.e 3-4 months after merging her into same Group ID.
- No, I don't think two RMs would be of any good. Also, if you add people under a same group ID, they all will have same RM. In my case, the RM is the BM, for me and my Group ID members.
- As I said, they see TRV, if you maintain high, the person you added with you doesn't, he/she will also get benefits. And with Savings Max variant, the 25k MAB is waived off if you have a 1L FD. So 1L FD in each person's Savings Max account, and no one needs to maintain balance. If you get Imperia, great, if they downgrade you later for not maintaining TRV required for Imperia (that is officially high 30L+) they will only downgrade you to Preferred. There will be no non-maintenance charges.