• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it safe to send CIBIL report to Kotak bank? Report shows I have credit card from them but I dont

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Cibil report is showing as I have a credit card issued by Kotak bank but in reality I never applied or received any from the bank.

I raised issue with the kotak bank aloing with screenshot of the report now they are asking me to send the whole pdf report for them to check. Apparently they have taken this issue with their Internal Ombudsman Team.

So is it safe to send to kotak? Also how do I correct this blunder?

@Batmanbaba @anirbanm

Last edited:

AsB

TF Ace
Cibil report is showing as I have a credit card issued by Kotak bank but in reality I never applied or received any from the bank.

I raised issue with the kotak bank aloing with screenshot of the report now they are asking me to send the whole pdf report for them to check. Apparently they have taken this issue with their Internal Ombudsman Team.

So is it safe to send to kotak? Also how do I correct this blunder?

@Batmanbaba @anirbanm
It is totally safe. In fact, banks ask people to send the entire report of CIBIL or whatever credit bureaus one has issues with. In addition, some of the banks do not accept 3rd party Reports, like the ones you get from HDFC or SBI.