• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to upgrade to an LTF Amex card?

flash2399

TF Buzz
I have an Amex SmartEarn Card (LTF) since 2021.

Limit on my Amex Card: 2.85L
Highest limit across my cards: 5.78L
Latest ITR: 32L

Can I get an upgrade to any LTF card?

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
I have an Amex SmartEarn Card (LTF) since 2021.

Limit on my Amex Card: 2.85L
Highest limit across my cards: 5.78L
Latest ITR: 32L

Can I get an upgrade to any LTF card?
no
all other amex cards are chargeable
but if you have a good yearly spends you can try and get it reversed before the next annual fees is levied
it is a hit and miss thing
i have had my cards cancelled before

SoN!c

TF Select
VIP Lounge
no
all other amex cards are chargeable
but if you have a good yearly spends you can try and get it reversed before the next annual fees is levied
it is a hit and miss thing
i have had my cards cancelled before
I have Gold Charge and MRCC as LTF and dont pay any fees on Platinum Travel as it is a companion for Plat Charge

SoN!c

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How did you get Gold Charge and MRCC as LTF? Is it based on income or did they provide you an offer based on your spend?
It was a long time ago (about 6-7 years ago) when they were offering these cards as LTF once in a while. I got Platinum charge and Platinum Travel about 6 months ago.

SoN!c

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yup so they don't give a single card as LTf apart from smart earn and they don't waive off on annual spends as far as I know
Nowadays they may not. My Gold Charge and MRCC are unconditionally free, independent of Plat Charge. I was not using them at all when I was abroad for a few years, no annual fees or anything.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Nowadays they may not. My Gold Charge and MRCC are unconditionally free, independent of Plat Charge. I was not using them at all when I was abroad for a few years, no annual fees or anything.
Is it I have no idea.
I had plat reserve only in 2016 and even after having 20L annual spends on thar card in that year they didn't waive off the fees for me due to which i closed my card.
Maybe amex wants to acquire more customers so it maybe giving out cards for free now.