• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to convert Instant Platinum Card to Regular Platinum Card?

mrtravel

TF Buzz
I have been holding FD based Instant Platinum Card from 4 years. When I requested the customer care to convert this card to a Regular Platinum, I was informed that it wouldn't be possible.

Has anyone successfully got converted their Instant Card to Regular Card by removing the line on FD? Would there be any chance if I escalate this issue to Nodal officer and higher management?

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Already holding this card. But I also want to continue having platinum card because many offers are not applicable to APay card.
if you already have apay and have secured platinum, you can call customer care and ask for MMT card. or HPCL card. MMT is 500+GST one time. and HPCL is 200 +gst yearly. I'm sure CC would not decline this request.

if you already have apay and have secured platinum, you can call customer care and ask for MMT card. or HPCL card. MMT is 500+GST one time. and HPCL is 200 +gst yearly. I'm sure CC would not decline this request.
I have apay with 1.20 lakhs limit and a fd backed platinum card(9k limit). Can i get platinum card(500Rs fee) by just calling them and i don't want to close my existing cards?

Waynoway

TF Buzz
I have apay with 1.20 lakhs limit and a fd backed platinum card(9k limit). Can i get platinum card(500Rs fee) by just calling them and i don't want to close my existing cards?
I believe that should be possible. I'm assuming you're talking about mmt platinum. Also, if not now, then later down the road, you'll need to close insta platinum card whenever you close your fd as they may never convert your secured card to unsecured card.

I just called ICICI CC for MMT Platinum card, she has got my request for mmt card, also confirmed the card will be delivered to you in the next 10 days, later she told me that the amazon card will not be closed and both the cards will have the shared limit, for which i have the voice recording as well( for proof purpose), if my apay card gets closed, i will directly complain to PNO( ICICI Bank). Fingers crossed.🤞
Screenshot_20230111-121419.png

Waynoway

TF Buzz
I just called ICICI CC for MMT Platinum card, she has got my request for mmt card, also confirmed the card will be delivered to you in the next 10 days, later she told me that the amazon card will not be closed and both the cards will have the shared limit, for which i have the voice recording as well( for proof purpose), if my apay card gets closed, i will directly complain to PNO( ICICI Bank). Fingers crossed.🤞
yeah, apay will not be closed. that's how ICICI functions. i know closing platinum will impact your credit score as it's your oldest card, but I'll still recommend closing it as eventually the score will bounce back once you have both apay and mmt open long enough. and as both are ltf (mmt only has 590 one time charge) and are unsecured, you can keep them forever.

It will not be closed I hold both MMT Platinum and Apay card with shared limit

yeah, apay will not be closed. that's how ICICI functions. i know closing platinum will impact your credit score as it's your oldest card, but I'll still recommend closing it as eventually the score will bounce back once you have both apay and mmt open long enough. and as both are ltf (mmt only has 590 one time charge) and are unsecured, you can keep them forever.
Yeah, i will close platinum card in a few days. Today, I received MMT platinum card too. So now i have MMT and Apay card with a combined limit of 1.20 lakhs which is sufficient for me as of now.

Also, i was thinking to get platinum( no harm in keeping as it is LTF) on basis of MMT in few months as it can help to apply C2C because sometimes C2C is not possible with co-branded cards and ICICI many times gives a huge LE.