• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it beneficial to convert 10000 hdfc ac to salary ac?

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Currently I have normal savings account in which I have to maintain 10000 amb and I hold millennia debit card (590 annual charge) and hdfc moneyback cc (ltf limit 140000).

My co. has tie up with hdfc and they are offering salary account and debit card charges and others benefits will be free. So will it be beneficial to convert normal to salary account? Will chances of high variant cc increase when having salary account?

If salary account is upgraded to classic variant then still I don't have to maintain amb or I have to maintain?

Gautham

TF Premier
Currently I have normal savings account in which I have to maintain 10000 amb and I hold millennia debit card (590 annual charge) and hdfc moneyback cc (ltf limit 140000).

My co. has tie up with hdfc and they are offering salary account and debit card charges and others benefits will be free. So will it be beneficial to convert normal to salary account? Will chances of high variant cc increase when having salary account?

If salary account is upgraded to classic variant then still I don't have to maintain amb or I have to maintain?
HDFC doesn't offer higher variant card as LTF pre-approved upgrade offer just because you have salary account with them. It is all based on CC spends and their weird algorithm.
If you request them, they will definitely give you non-LTF higher variant provided you are eligible even if you do not have salary a/c with them. So at the end of the day, your choice.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Yes.... You dont have to maintain any balance.... And debit card will be free... But better take a savings max account... Of 25000 mab... And u will get all benefits of a salary account... Except zero mab... In hdfc... Best is to take savings max........ Higher accounts have no meaning....

Better to go for salary accounts in axis or icici....

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes.... You dont have to maintain any balance.... And debit card will be free... But better take a savings max account... Of 25000 mab... And u will get all benefits of a salary account... Except zero mab... In hdfc... Best is to take savings max........ Higher accounts have no meaning....

Better to go for salary accounts in axis or icici....
I already have hdfc normal savings account in which I have to maintain 10000 and millennia debit card chargeable 590 and have business money back cc (ltf limit 140000).

My salary will be credited to my hdfc savings account only but I wanted to know will it be beneficial to convert normal hdfc savings account to salary account for credit card upgradation and other benefits like higher variant of savings account?

SC_23

TF Premier
I already have hdfc normal savings account in which I have to maintain 10000 and millennia debit card chargeable 590 and have business money back cc (ltf limit 140000).

My salary will be credited to my hdfc savings account only but I wanted to know will it be beneficial to convert normal hdfc savings account to salary account for credit card upgradation and other benefits like higher variant of savings account?
There's no downside to converting savings account to salary account if you aren't looking to get your salary credited to any other bank.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend

In hdfc.. The benefits is less be beneficial..... Of conversation.... I see more of salary account benefits in axis... Earlier it was citi bank.. Now its acquired by axis... ..

SC_23

TF Premier
In hdfc.. The benefits is less be beneficial..... Of conversation.... I see more of salary account benefits in axis... Earlier it was citi bank.. Now its acquired by axis... ..
Axis provides account tier based on gross or net salary and do they provide some leeway if someone is short by few thousand against their top end account eligibility (Burgundy or priority)?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Axis provides account tier based on gross or net salary and do they provide some leeway if someone is short by few thousand against their top end account eligibility (Burgundy or priority)?
No not at all... They are very strict about that..axis and hdfc are very strict regarding rules regarding to Salary accounts....icici is quite lineant.... They give wealth accounts like pancakes... .

SC_23

TF Premier
No not at all... They are very strict about that..axis and hdfc are very strict regarding rules regarding to Salary accounts....icici is quite lineant.... They give wealth accounts like pancakes... .
Will they auto upgrade after increment and btw do they consider net or gross salary for account tier ?