• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Amex offering 200K reward points to new Platinum charge card customers?

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey someone at work just told me that Amex is offering 200K joining bonus. Is this true? Has anyone received such offer? I rolled the dice with 135K offer but if they are inviting users at 200K then Amex at this point is very despo (remember your ex).

Looking forward to your comments.

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I do not hold an amex card yet, will I be eligible for this fun bonus of 135,000 if I apply?
Unfortunately no. 135k MR points are offered only with upgrade. Fresh Plat Charge will receive the welcome benefit of 60k Taj vouchers. Few already tried to negotiate on this and failed. But you can go for Platinum Travel and spend nicely for few months. If lucky, you'll receive the upgrade offer in as early as 6 months.

Last edited:

shubhank008

TF Buzz
I have not kept track much except i meet 4lks milstone on travel plat and mrcc already spent 50k and gold chg around 25k as the last two are just a 1 or 2 months old

So roughly 4-6L spends, got it. I think other than that they do gauge you based on cibil/itr too (if you submit at start), as while applying for Gold Charge itself I had received a call asking why am I applying for a lower variant card as with my ITR and cibil I can get Plat Chg but I wasn't sure if I want it yet or not

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So roughly 4-6L spends, got it. I think other than that they do gauge you based on cibil/itr too (if you submit at start), as while applying for Gold Charge itself I had received a call asking why am I applying for a lower variant card as with my ITR and cibil I can get Plat Chg but I wasn't sure if I want it yet or not
Yes, amex folks say that to everyone to give an ego boost while upselling higher card variants and other services. Based on your profile...

ALOAK

TF Ace
Yes, amex folks say that to everyone to give an ego boost while upselling higher card variants and other services. Based on your profile...
I never encountered with amex to give ego boost most of the time decline for me. Last time they offered me plat chg they sent email.with link to apply and got rejected due to income 25lk. I had a quite a chat with the amex folk if they dont meet criteria of income why send upgrade offer at all. Then they said apply after 3 months i never bothered to apply but again they sent upgrade offer but this time they did not send link to apply just the normal advert with upgrade radio button i tried then i stopped what again if it asks for income 25lks so just left it but i have seen innforum some dont meet this criteria but just clicked 25lks and amex provided them without docs. Strange are the ways of bankers.