• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 15: Who is buying? And What Credit Card Should One Use For Maximum Value Back?

cardex

TF Premier
Now that the new fruit phone is out in its 15th iteration, who'se buying it & on which card?
iPhone 15 - ₹79,900 iPhone 15 Plus - ₹89,900 iPhone 15 Pro - ₹1,34,900 iPhone 15 Pro Max - ₹1,59,900

Last edited:

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
Exactly!! Honestly what I’ve felt is that it’s best to buy last years Iphone model in BBD/GIF sales cos with exchange of 3/4 years old Iphone you get extra 12-18k off. And effectively you pay around or less than 35k. This is I believe is the most value for money way to keep an Iphone and sell for a new one later.

Now with introduction of the Plus series I believe one can also go for the added size if needed! I personally find any phone more than 6” in display too big to be a daily driver but yes some people have a good use of the extra size also elder ones who use it to consume media it’s good for them so this year 45-50k with exchange of old Iphone i feel was a good deal for Iphone 14 Plus

But since apple brought such a big change with the Dynamic island and usb type C to the 15 model what I believe is that resale value of iPhones before 15 will drop coz these are not small changes like change in camera alignment or contouring the edges of the Iphone. So if one could shell extra 20k they will not only be easily comfortable with using the phone for 4 years atleast but also will be able to sell it for 15-20k even when Iphone 19 is launched.

Coz from the leaks it is appearing that after this big change Apple next year will be subtle and will only again change the camera alignment back to Iphone 11 one!! In 17/18 they might start to bring the 90hz refresh rate and in 19 leaks suggest dynamic island will be reduced to punch hole and front camera built in display
Punch hole won’t be there . How will u put bionic sensors for Face ID in a punch hole ??
And 4 years is a long game . I have never used an iphone more than an year .

Last year I bought 12 in 39k , used it for 6 months and sold it for 38.5k . Buying iphone in BBD used to the best deal but iss baar tatti kar rakha hai mahol .

the only mega deal is Macbook M1 . 5 months back , i bought in 82k and now in sale it’s for 58k . I was flagger-basted after seeing this deal few hours back .
Regret ho raha , itna use v nahi kara 5 mahino mein.

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
So i am buying Iphone 15 plus for my mother at 72248 with 24 month DCEMI on Amazon! Plus i am selling her iPhone XR for 12800 on Cashify so that makes the effective price just 59500~ 60K which I believe is a better deal than Iphone 14 plus at 50k on BBD with exchange and all.

What i am confused about is if i cancel the DCEMI next day will the upfront discount of 12651 provided be reversed and i will have to pay the 84900 or after cancellation i will only have to pay 72248+processing fee of 118+interest accrued on pro rata basis?

I am also fine if they charge 3%+GST as foreclosure but i just hope it does not go back to 84000.

Another question is since it’s DCEMI I believe after cancellation of EMI the amount will be automatically debited from my account right?
Upfront discount is provided by Merchant not HDFC , so no reversal ..

Martius

TF Premier
Punch hole won’t be there . How will u put bionic sensors for Face ID in a punch hole ??
And 4 years is a long game . I have never used an iphone more than an year .

Last year I bought 12 in 39k , used it for 6 months and sold it for 38.5k . Buying iphone in BBD used to the best deal but iss baar tatti kar rakha hai mahol .

the only mega deal is Macbook M1 . 5 months back , i bought in 82k and now in sale it’s for 58k . I was flagger-basted after seeing this deal few hours back .
Regret ho raha , itna use v nahi kara 5 mahino mein.
Lol idk how but this was leaked by Jon prosser.

Also I bought Macbook air M1 last year in march on Tata Neu for 73150 effectively. 83k was MRP 6k was instant discount on HDFC card and in initial days there was no cap of 750 neu coins at max so got 3850 neu coins

metal_heart

TF Premier
All ppl who are buying latest iPhone base storage, please keep mind iPhone fill very fast and soon 128 GB will be very less.
Been using iPhones for past 10 year, and most of the time I used to purchase base variant. Till the time, I had to sell it off; not many buyers wanted such low storage (8 GB, 16GB, 32 GB, 64 GB were earlier base storage)

If you are spending 70+, stretch bit more and get 256 GB variant. You'll probably thank & appreciate at later stage.

harsh1387

TF Ace
All ppl who are buying latest iPhone base storage, please keep mind iPhone fill very fast and soon 128 GB will be very less.
Been using iPhones for past 10 year, and most of the time I used to purchase base variant. Till the time, I had to sell it off; not many buyers wanted such low storage (8 GB, 16GB, 32 GB, 64 GB were earlier base storage)

If you are spending 70+, stretch bit more and get 256 GB variant. You'll probably thank & appreciate at later stage.
If you have iCloud of 200gb then base 128 iphone is absolutely fine. I am using it since last year. Although 256 will be better but not necessary.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
One more note for DCEMI folks.

Don't be to hung up on that. I have DCEMI on my account however on payment page I could not proceed saying mobile number not matching with Amazon and hdfc bank, even though it's same on both of them.

If anyone knows fix please enlighten, il be greatful.

Rest book your devices. It's not going further down then this price

yaswanth458

TF Buzz
I read on HDFC website that foreclosure is 3% of principal outstanding + GST so are you sure you got away with only 1k?

Update: it says subject to change as per government instructions!! So maybe it was less last year and it has been increased now maybe or maybe subject to change is only for 18% GST! Idk
Document says so, but they didn't charged.

AlphaCAT

TF Ace
Contributor
Lol idk how but this was leaked by Jon prosser.

Also I bought Macbook air M1 last year in march on Tata Neu for 73150 effectively. 83k was MRP 6k was instant discount on HDFC card and in initial days there was no cap of 750 neu coins at max so got 3850 neu coins
I bought Macbook M1 in May Tata IPL League . Using 5k off from HDFC , NCEMI cancellation , 2000 neucoins app, and 1500 bonus IPL neucoins . got around 72k but only 5 days later there was price cut of 5000.

Tab ka regret sambhal liya tha but ab 57k mein dekh ke kuuch zyaada hi regret ho raha . Qki aise v Pre and Mains (for 4 months) ke beech laptop was in cupboard !!

Martius

TF Premier
I bought Macbook M1 in May Tata IPL League . Using 5k off from HDFC , NCEMI cancellation , 2000 neucoins app, and 1500 bonus IPL neucoins . got around 72k but only 5 days later there was price cut of 5000.

Tab ka regret sambhal liya tha but ab 57k mein dekh ke kuuch zyaada hi regret ho raha . Qki aise v Pre and Mains (for 4 months) ke beech laptop was in cupboard !!
How did your mains go? 👀