• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 15: Who is buying? And What Credit Card Should One Use For Maximum Value Back?

cardex

TF Premier
Now that the new fruit phone is out in its 15th iteration, who'se buying it & on which card?
iPhone 15 - ₹79,900 iPhone 15 Plus - ₹89,900 iPhone 15 Pro - ₹1,34,900 iPhone 15 Pro Max - ₹1,59,900

Last edited:

harsh1387

TF Ace
Since I'm giving advice here, il share my dilemma.

I can't decide between 15, 15 plus and 15 pro.
This will be my first iPhone, tech enthusiast.
The difference for me between 15 and 15 plus is 10k.
15 and 15pro is 30k. I love the high refresh display. Will use the camera 99% in point and shoot. Will use the lenses though.

However idk is it worth 30k more? Considering its my first iPhone?

I like the plus. Idm paying 10k more. Plus guys can give inputs is it that good?
How is the difference 30k?
15 is 79990
15 plus is 89990
15 pro starts at 134990

So, difference is more even with 5k discount on hdfc card.

Get 15 plus. I got the 13 last year and will be getting 14 plus this year because of bigger screen and better battery. 10k difference between 15 and 15 plus makes 15 plus a easy buy. Unless you want to spend 45k more for pro.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Since I'm giving advice here, il share my dilemma.

I can't decide between 15, 15 plus and 15 pro.
This will be my first iPhone, tech enthusiast.
The difference for me between 15 and 15 plus is 10k.
15 and 15pro is 30k. I love the high refresh display. Will use the camera 99% in point and shoot. Will use the lenses though.

However idk is it worth 30k more? Considering its my first iPhone?

I like the plus. Idm paying 10k more. Plus guys can give inputs is it that good?
Go to an Apple authorized store and experience both the Plus and non-Plus models. I didn't like the 14 plus.
If I can't go for iPhone 15 pro max(don't like the size though), I will stick with Non pro 15. My current iphone is 11. Family has 13 pro and 14 pro.

After using 10X on S23U, I need atleast 5X on iphone.

harsh1387

TF Ace
Go to an Apple authorized store and experience both the Plus and non-Plus models. I didn't like the 14 plus.
If I can't go for iPhone 15 pro max(don't like the size though), I will stick with Non pro 15. My current iphone is 11. Family has 13 pro and 14 pro.

After using 10X on S23U, I need atleast 5X on iphone.
If I remember correctly for 5x you need to get pro max only. Even pro gets 2x I believe.

metal_heart

TF Premier
Considering its my first iPhone?
I have been using iphone since iphone 3GS.
If this is your first iPhone, save yourself few bucks and grab iPhone 14 Plus under BBD sale. (You won't feel much difference b/w 14 and 15).
However, if you are inclined to get 15, then get 15 Pro. Doesn't make sense to get regular iphone 15

I upgraded to iPhone 14 plus earlier this year and the additional screen size you get is really boon especially reading articles & emails.
Dubai buy out is only useful if we buy pro models.
That's not true. I got iphone 14 Plus 256 from Dubai (meena bazar) and it costed me below 63K. Nowhere in India you can get that in similar price.

metal_heart

TF Premier
Considering its my first iPhone?
If this is your first iPhone, save yourself few bucks and grab iPhone 14 Plus under BBD sale. (You won't feel much difference b/w 14 and 15).
However, if you are inclined to get 15, then get 15 Pro. Doesn't make sense to get regular iphone 15

I upgraded to iPhone 14 plus earlier this year and the additional screen size you get is really boon especially reading articles & emails. and not to miss the additional battery life you get.
Dubai buy out is only useful if we buy pro models.
That's not true. I got iphone 14 Plus 256 from Dubai (meena bazar) and it costed me below 63K. Nowhere in India you can get that in similar price.
May b now, the US model iphone are not available in Dubai, so the prices might have increased. Getting US model from dubai was always cheap

harsh1387

TF Ace
The main reasons to go PLUS model are: 1) Big Screen and 2) Big battery.. If these two are your main criteria , then Plus model is worth that extra 10K.
Precisely the reason I am thinking to switch to 14 plus. I am quite happy with my 13 except for screen size as before this I had Samsung with bigger screen size. I do lot of reading, emails and you tube on phone and bigger screen gives much better experience.

Reactions: SSV

harsh1387

TF Ace

I upgraded to iPhone 14 plus earlier this year and the additional screen size you get is really boon especially reading articles & emails. and not to miss the additional battery life you get.

May b now, the US model iphone are not available in Dubai, so the prices might have increased. Getting US model from dubai was always cheap
That's a great deal on 256 gb.
If it's US model are both sim slots esim?
Was it easy to get Vat refund?
Do you remember the shop name where you got it from?

I am planning a trip to dubai next year so might get a pro model then.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Size. Main phone is 11 that I carry everywhere. Didn't get comfortable carrying s23U even after 4 months of usage.
Understood... As I said before, big screen layout and long battery life are of utmost importance then Plus model is the way to go for better pricing..

Reactions: CMG

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I upgraded to iPhone 14 plus earlier this year and the additional screen size you get is really boon especially reading articles & emails.
Did you find any issues with 14 plus ,like heating, call quality etc...
I am only after big screen and excellent battery life not into photography.. Would love to hear feed back from the actual user about 14 Plus both good and bad..

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family

My initial plan was 14 plus in BBD. But the 15 got all the upgrades I wanted or was expecting.

As for 15 pro. I made the comparison for my first phone il go with non pro.

15 and 15 plus. Il be checking it out the size. I do like bigger display and battery. But 6.7inch could be too big in my pocket too.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

I think 14's will get huge discount considering they never sold before due to 13 and 15 is really attractive feature wise.

metal_heart

TF Premier
If it's US model are both sim slots esim?
Yes, I actually wanted both E--SIM. Works flawless.
Was it easy to get Vat refund?
Straightforward. Bit long queue, if you need cash, else it just take 10-15 min

Do you remember the shop name where you got it from?
I got from Screen Focus. There are 3-4 highly recommended shops, and this was one of them
Did you find any issues with 14 plus ,like heating, call quality etc...
I am only after big screen and excellent battery life not into photography.. Would love to hear feed back from the actual user about 14 Plus both good and bad..
Phone does get warm during extended usage of Maps or iMovie but not anything alarming.
Call quality is actually very nice, especially with Isolation Mode (iOS 17). I upgraded to beta version long back.

Except this, all my earlier iphones were regular. Though I loved the compactness of SE & Mini; reading content was not convenient though I miss the touch ID. Wish apple had incorporated that aswell via side button in recent phones

With plus, the only problem I face is, it slips out of my pocket (track pant) while driving or sitting cross legged and the pinky finger starts paining if I use it single handedly for long (I dont know, how many hold phone that way by resting it on pinky finger). May b I'm still get used to handle big screen phones

Been using iPhones for more than 10 years; so I have made peace with things not that flexible & android customisation etc but I appreciate the fact, that they dont get very slow that they irritate the shit out of you.
But Yes, they do get slow with time & app do crash but not that it is something that will bother you

For some reason, Paytm is not snappy on this phone/iOS version as it used to be earlier, OLX is another buggy one

lucifer69

TF Premier

If you buy online in sales and then claim GST, it cost almost similar to what you get in Dubai