• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 15: Who is buying? And What Credit Card Should One Use For Maximum Value Back?

cardex

TF Premier
Now that the new fruit phone is out in its 15th iteration, who'se buying it & on which card?
iPhone 15 - ₹79,900 iPhone 15 Plus - ₹89,900 iPhone 15 Pro - ₹1,34,900 iPhone 15 Pro Max - ₹1,59,900

Last edited:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
so going to dubai wala scene no longer useful?

aed 3399 in inr INR 76,766.42
If you are buying it for AED 3,399 (there will be shops in Dubai offering it at a discount), it is not viable. You can get a 5,000 INR discount when using an HDFC credit card on the original price of 79,990 INR. Also, the port of entry to India should be favorable. Some airports in Kerala may flag you if you have a new phone and you were on a visitor's visa to Dubai, and you may be asked to pay tax.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
If you are buying it for AED 3,399 (there will be shops in Dubai offering it at a discount), it is not viable. You can get a 5,000 INR discount when using an HDFC credit card on the original price of 79,990 INR. Also, the port of entry to India should be favorable. Some airports in Kerala may flag you if you have a new phone and you were on a visitor's visa to Dubai, and you may be asked to pay tax.
Only Pro iPhones you should buy internationally. Non-pros are cheaper in India

harsh1387

TF Ace
so going to dubai wala scene no longer useful?

aed 3399 in inr INR 76,766.42
I have been tracking dubai prices since last year. Dubai buy out is only useful if we buy pro models. Normal ones are always just 3-4k difference wth Indian price so doesn't make sense. Pro models usually saves a cool 30-45k depending on model and time to buy.

harsh1387

TF Ace
I’m confused about what to buy, I’m currently using iPhone 11 and perfectly satisfied but the battery is degrading. Was considering upgrading to IPhone 15 and thought I’d buy it in UK (travelling there soon) however, iPhone 15 is cheaper in India it seems. In UK, I can get IPhone 15 pro for 84k (after trade in though). I personally feel no need to have the pro version but I guess you guys could enlighten me. i don’t have any HDFC cards, only AmEx, ICICI, Axis, SBI, IDFC and RBL
15 will cost cheaper in India for sure. However if you are buying 15 for 75k in India it's better to get the pro from UK for 84k. That's a better deal. Pro will have better camera set up, 120hz, action button as primary advantages. Also USB c will be 3.1 instead of USB 2.0 in non pro models.

deusest

TF Select
15 will cost cheaper in India for sure. However if you are buying 15 for 75k in India it's better to get the pro from UK for 84k. That's a better deal. Pro will have better camera set up, 120hz, action button as primary advantages. Also USB c will be 3.1 instead of USB 2.0 in non pro models.
Well I will trade in my current phone so will be paying 62k for 15. Also, I kinda prefer silent toggle switch over action button. Again, I’m not an enthusiast tbh.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Is it even worth it going for Pro models For non enthusiast? I am using iphone 11 64gb, I never ram out of space, never felt the need to upgrade until now due to severe battery degradation. I can get 15 pro for 84k in UK and 15 for 62k in India (after trade in, I’ll be visiting UK soon)
Non pro imo. Unless you will use the all the amazing camera features and can understand the high refresh rate display difference (most can't). Or if you're a tech enthusiast and don't mind paying so much buy pro.

harsh1387

TF Ace
Is it even worth it going for Pro models For non enthusiast? I am using iphone 11 64gb, I never ram out of space, never felt the need to upgrade until now due to severe battery degradation. I can get 15 pro for 84k in UK and 15 for 62k in India (after trade in, I’ll be visiting UK soon)
If you will get 15 for 62k in India after trade in then go for it. Will save you 22k if the extra stuff for pro which I mentioned earlier isn't enticing enough for you. In fact you can even buy the 14. Quite a less difference between 15 and 14. 14 will be available between 50-55k in upcoming BBD sale this month.

Realistically if we are buying in India it's always better to get last year's iphone line up at a less price. Unless someone is overflowing with cash to burn doesn't makes sense to get latest series here.

deusest

TF Select
Non pro imo. Unless you will use the all the amazing camera features and can understand the high refresh rate display difference (most can't). Or if you're a tech enthusiast and don't mind paying so much buy pro.
I never felt the need for having high refresh rate on my phone. my primary desktop monitor is a 4K 144hz along with secondary 1440p 240hz monitor, I used iPad which has pro motion but I never cared about high refresh rate on my phone. But that’s just me, originally when I bought iPhone 11 , I justified the purchase citing better cameras compared to top Samsung phones at that time. I didn’t really use the phone for photographs or videography but I did like the experience overall and will like to stick to Apple ecosystem.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
Since I'm giving advice here, il share my dilemma.

I can't decide between 15, 15 plus and 15 pro.
This will be my first iPhone, tech enthusiast.
The difference for me between 15 and 15 plus is 10k.
15 and 15pro is 30k. I love the high refresh display. Will use the camera 99% in point and shoot. Will use the lenses though.

However idk is it worth 30k more? Considering its my first iPhone?

I like the plus. Idm paying 10k more. Plus guys can give inputs is it that good?

deusest

TF Select
If you will get 15 for 62k in India after trade in then go for it. Will save you 22k if the extra stuff for pro which I mentioned earlier isn't enticing enough for you. In fact you can even buy the 14. Quite a less difference between 15 and 14. 14 will be available between 50-55k in upcoming BBD sale this month.

Realistically if we are buying in India it's always better to get last year's iphone line up at a less price. Unless someone is overflowing with cash to burn doesn't makes sense to hit latest series here.

I feel like iPhone 15 will be the right choice for me considering I keep my phones around for a long time. Also, I don’t have any HDFC cards. Will AmEx provide any discounts?

cardex

TF Premier

15 and 15pro is 30k. I love the high refresh display. Will use the camera 99% in point and shoot. Will use the lenses though.

I like the plus. Idm paying 10k more. Plus guys can give inputs is it that good?
pro, without doubt

deusest

TF Select

I switched from Samsung S8 to IPhone 11 after being frustrated with Android auto and frequent crashes or freezing on Samsung phones. android auto was the primary reason to be fair. So far, I’ve had a great experience with the 11 and i don’t plan on switching back considering I was a die hard Android fanboy earlier. So maybe that’ll help you a bit to decide what’s better for you

harsh1387

TF Ace
I feel like iPhone 15 will be the right choice for me considering I keep my phones around for a long time. Also, I don’t have any HDFC cards. Will AmEx provide any discounts?
Makes sense in that case. And 62 is a good price.
Most discounts on physical stores or online are on HDFC or icici cards. Sometimes sbi joins in but never seen any on Amex. You can borrow a friend's or relatives in that case or apply for new core card from hdfc.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Go for iphone 15, it has basically all features for 14 pro and is still cheaper.

I like the plus. Idm paying 10k more. Plus guys can give inputs is it that good

deusest

TF Select
Makes sense in that case. And 62 is a good price.
Most discounts on physical stores or online are on HDFC or icici cards. Sometimes sbi joins in but never seen any on Amex. You can borrow a friend's or relatives in that case or apply for new core card from hdfc.
You might call me an idiot but I recently (like 3 days back) blocked my millennia HDFC card Lol. I’ll borrow a card from my cousin. Thank you