• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Intermiles Redemption - Findings

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Found some intermiles from old HDFC card of my dad's. Here are some of my findings after couple of hours of research.
Please add your ideas since i am new to Intermiles.

Firstly, Intermiles suck. Absolutely suck.
Now that we have established that, moving on to ways one can redeem it in the increasing order of "worth it"
  • Shopping vouchers. At 5.9:1 conversion , 16.9p for 1Rs this is one of the worst ways
Please note, if you have <5k miles, you can use it to pay part of your amount using miles and that is almost 2.4:1 conversion and worth it, but at scale this isn't possible.
You can get 25Rs off for 61 miles and so on.

1683618997584.png

But their lineup is pretty impressive.
If you need a no headache, no research solution just buy one of these vouchers. People with sudden intermiles problem like me because HDFC closed the card, use this
  • Domestic short haul flights: At 5:1 conversion, sometimes going up to 5.9 : 1, this is equally worse but free money is free money i guess
  • Domestic Long haul flights: They sometimes offer 4.5:1 at higher priced airlines and specific routes
Would not recommend
  • International Hotels: I have not explored business hotels, but name brand ones (Mariott, Accor, Taj) have the worst conversion at 4.5-5 :1 and higher priced resort chains are okayish at 4:1
  • Domestic Hotels
    • Metro: At 3.5 : 1 , this is pretty decent if you want to do a staycation.
    • Non Metro: Resort chains, once again this goes up to 4.5 -5 : 1

Example: The Oterra Bengaluru Electronics City

1683618498348.png 1683618513520.png

With taxes etc, it comes to 3.3 : 1
Hilton Suites Embassy, and Courtyard also has similar conversions

Taj uniformly has the worst conversions

1683618658972.png 1683618668445.png

4.2 : 1 is the best one can find, Seleqtions and IHCL go up to 5.5, definite avoid.
One can also waive off 10% of bill using 1000 intermiles

Lastly International Flights - Business

In general, this is consistently the best at conversion. Ethiad some routes give 2.9: 1 which is amazing but the issue is , it starts at 3L miles which is nuts w.r.t Intermiles
Even the random Sri lankan airlines flat bed ones, one can get 3.3 : 1 business class seats on proper dates

Please add your findings too. I am leaning towards spending the miles on staycation or vacation.

Last edited: