• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Info on Banks that reports Add-On credit card accounts to CIBIL.

chacks18

TF Select
I recently read somewhere that CITI and ICICI reports their Add-On card accounts to CIBIL.
Since CITI has stopped sourcing add-on cards, And I'm not 100% sure about ICICI - Any alternate options for the same?
Also I wanted to know if it actually works to build credit history and generate CIBIL score to ones with no previous credit records.
What will be the Account type in the reported account in CIBIL for Add-On card?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
since the responsibility for paying the dues for addon card lies with the primary card holder, does any default on payment (for addon card) affect the addon card holder's cibil score? specifically asking for idfc and hdfc credit cards. @TechnoFino

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
since the responsibility for paying the dues for addon card lies with the primary card holder, does any default on payment (for addon card) affect the addon card holder's cibil score? specifically asking for idfc and hdfc credit cards. @TechnoFino
Not sure about HDFC & IDFC but for Citi missed payments/written off status would reflect in Credit Score of add-on users.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have SBI prime and Cashback. Planning to close SBI Prime. However since one more SBI card is needed along with cashback to get instant discount benefits, I am planning to get SBI simplyclick add on from my father's account. He holds SBI simlyclick LTF.

My question is will the SBI Add-on taken in my name show up in my CIBIL? I do not want it to show up in my CIBIL. Is it possible?

heysac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The downside for add-on holder could be: 1) Late payment/default soiling credit history. 2) An extra card is shown for people who have many cards already!

Anyone else has any thoughts on it?