• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia worthiness

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I went through Infinia Metal Card review and noted some points.

Pros -
1. Unlimited lounge access (domestic, international) for both primary, add-on (up to 3) card holders! (Big pro, need not keep track or multiple cards)!
2. Unlimited Golf games/coaching (not sure how many people actually claim, but would still keep it)!
3. Some ITC hotels tie-up benefits!
4. Insurance cover (definitely worthy)

Reward Rate Structure -
1. 3.3% RP on normal/every transaction.
Redemption - 1% for statement credit, 1.65% for smartbuy shopping, 3.3% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

2. 33% RP for flights/hotels on Smartbuy.
Redemption - 10% for statement credit, 16.5% for smartbuy shopping, 33% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

3. 16.5% RP for Smartbuy (Amazon, Gift voucher)
Redemption - 5% for statement credit, 8.25% for smartbuy shopping, 16.5% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

4. 9.9% RP for Smartbuy (Flipkart, Train booking)
Redemption - 3% for statement credit, 5% for smartbuy shopping, 9.9% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Cons -
1. High Fees (12.5k + GST) = Rs. 14750
2. Welcome/Renewal Benefit = 12.5k points (recovered only if used on Smartbuy for Apple/Tanishq/Flights/Hotels OR Airmiles conversion) (big con)
3. Capping of payment up to 70% of the price with RPs
4. Very high NRV eligibility criteria (filters out big chunk)
5. Capping for Smartbuy transactions (15k per month) (so if you book hotel/flights for 45k, that's it!)
6. Forex markup - 2% + GST (higher than bunch of cards in market)
7. High fee waiver criteria (10L)
8. Capping for insurance transactions (5k per day, i.e., 1.5L spend)
9. Rent payment RP (Not eligible) + charges 1% extra
10. Redemption capping - 1.5L RP for flights/hotels; 50k for Tanishq per month; 50k against statement balance

So, after all these Cons, I'm wondering why are some people still going for Infinia card?
Is it only the unlimited domestic/international lounge access for self and add on card holders?
Or am I missing something basic here?
What strategies do people use to maximise benefit out of this card?
For people holding Axis Magnus, does this card make sense at all (except for lounge access)?

Last edited:

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How did you apply for it?

I hold a Regalia LTF, requested for Infinia, shared relevant documents, got rejected! 🙈🤷🏻‍♂️
I didn't applied this time. I saw upgrade offer on netbanking. Apllied. Within a week got Infinia.

We cannot predict HDFC. They also rejected my application 4 -5 months back.

Try reaching your RM. They might sometime help.In my case,there was no help from RM.

chsrinivas6

TF Buzz
How did you apply for it?

I hold a Regalia LTF, requested for Infinia, shared relevant documents, got rejected! 🙈🤷🏻‍♂️
I wrote a mail to imperia customer care that HDFC RMs are interested only in cross selling. I should have atleast DCB LTF as I am IITM graduate but I were holding regalia LTF until last month because the RM didn't inform me. I asked for Infinia LTF, but they declined. I asked for DCB LTF, but they gave Infinia FYF last month

Hunter44

TF Buzz
I wrote a mail to imperia customer care that HDFC RMs are interested only in cross selling. I should have atleast DCB LTF as I am IITM graduate but I were holding regalia LTF until last month because the RM didn't inform me. I asked for Infinia LTF, but they declined. I asked for DCB LTF, but they gave Infinia FYF last month
Which email ID did you write to? Did you have to submit any documents?

I am curious how RM would have informed you that you are eligible? Does he know you are IITM graduate?

chsrinivas6

TF Buzz
Which email ID did you write to? Did you have to submit any documents?
I mailed to Imperiabanking@hdfcbank.com . They haven't asked for any additional documents. Initially their credit card team mailed me that they cannot give me Infinia at that point of time. But when I called RM to atleast give DCB LTF, she said I have Infinia FYF offer.
FYI, I am a salary account holder in hdfc from more than 10 years.

asimkumar

TF Select
RML Group

Pros -
1. Unlimited lounge access (domestic, international) for both primary, add-on (up to 3) card holders! (Big pro, need not keep track or multiple cards)!
2. Unlimited Golf games/coaching (not sure how many people actually claim, but would still keep it)!

Reward Rate Structure -
Redemption - 1% for statement credit, 1.65% for smartbuy shopping, 3.3% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Redemption - 10% for statement credit, 16.5% for smartbuy shopping, 33% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Redemption - 5% for statement credit, 8.25% for smartbuy shopping, 16.5% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Redemption - 3% for statement credit, 5% for smartbuy shopping, 9.9% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Cons -
2. Welcome/Renewal Benefit = 12.5k points (recovered only if used on Smartbuy for Apple/Tanishq/Flights/Hotels OR Airmiles conversion) (big con)
5. Capping for Smartbuy transactions (15k per month) (so if you book hotel/flights for 45k, that's it!)
10. Redemption capping - 1.5L RP for flights/hotels; 50k for Tanishq per month; 50k against statement balance

So, after all these Cons, I'm wondering why are some people still going for Infinia card?
Is it only the unlimited domestic/international lounge access for self and add on card holders?
For people holding Axis Magnus, does this card make sense at all (except for lounge access)?
I have used infinia to play golf in Dubai twice. Each booking cost 100 USD otherwise. So you should know the amazing benefits with infinia.

deepcards

TF Premier

Pros -

Reward Rate Structure -

Cons -

A couple of points:
1. for flights, via smartbuy, it's 16.5% or maybe slightly less, given they are charging the convenience fees now.
2. 15k is the cap on bonus points, thats excludes the normal reward points, so your calculation of 45k will give u 12k RPs, not 15k RPs.

CCIND

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Got Infinia LTF during lock down time, Initially it was like dream card...gave 33.33% reward rate for Amazon shopping, now also its amazing card.
Now it gives 16% accelerated rewards in some categories and for most of the offline transactions get 3.33% for insurance reward cap is 5000 per day.

aashish2137

TF Select
I think the biggest advantage of Infinia is its PP. Its literally fuss free to swipe the PP in any lounge anywhere in the world. You don't need to worry about coverage, number of visits, domestic/ international, etc etc. I've been to lounges in several continents and the PP works seamlessly. Compared to other cards which now have spending requirements or have exclusions on PP or sometimes need the physical card instead of PP (hello, Magnus!), its just so complicated.

ALOAK

TF Ace
I didn't applied this time. I saw upgrade offer on netbanking. Apllied. Within a week got Infinia.

We cannot predict HDFC. They also rejected my application 4 -5 months back.

Try reaching your RM. They might sometime help.In my case,there was no help from RM.
Rm are useless pots for them target how much money they can get it from you. Most of the RM are not qualified financial advisors and they stop receiving you calls or reply moment you don't invest in what they say. They are not helpful at all.

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think the biggest advantage of Infinia is its PP. Its literally fuss free to swipe the PP in any lounge anywhere in the world. You don't need to worry about coverage, number of visits, domestic/ international, etc etc. I've been to lounges in several continents and the PP works seamlessly. Compared to other cards which now have spending requirements or have exclusions on PP or sometimes need the physical card instead of PP (hello, Magnus!), its just so complicated.
I used it for the first time. Domestic in Hyderabad and Goa. Both for me and my spouse . And yes, it worked great. Seamless.
Totally agreed with your views.

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Swiped priority pass or credit card for the domestic lounge access ? I hear from some people that priority pass usage in domestic lounges is chargeable.
Priority Pass. It was free. At Hyderabad and Goa.

Infinia Priority pass is unique. It allows the listed India lounge( domestic or internatinal terminal) entry at free of cost.

Lot of other credit cards PP which gives free entry for international lounges only. If you use such PP at Indian lounge( domestic terminal),then it's changeable.But same PP if you use at India lounge( International terminal) then it might come as free( varies card to card policies).

Last edited: