• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia for car down payment

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
Hi,

I am planning to do a down payment of around 10L to buy a car.
I hold an Infinia with a credit limit of 8L currently. I've written to them to increase credit limit as well. Awaiting the reply!
If I want to do this payment of 10L using Infinia, SC may charge around 1.5-2% extra.
Will it be worth it to pay using Infinia?
If I do payment of around 7L, pay that bill and again do 3L, is it valid or will it harm my cibil score?
Also, will it harm my credit score if I swipe for 7L since I'd be utilising almost full credit limit?

If it is going to be worth it, considering reward points cap per day, should I do the payment on multiple days?

sidp

TF Ace
I have asked them to check it again. Booking amount they won't charge anything extra. I will ask them to check the charges in it and show how it would be 3.5% extra.
See if they don't charge extra at the time of booking , youll find out pos issuer. Then later if they charge for rest amount, you can complain against him. By charging extra he is breaking agreement with issuer bank.

But you can't force anyone to accept CC. Cc isn't backed by promise of rbi governor. After you complain , he might not charge extra. But is it worth the hassle? A supportive dealer can be very helpful at the time of insurance claim. ( though most maruti/hyundai/ mahindra dealers are pretty bad).

Last edited:

Noaxis

TF Buzz
I have Atlas and Vistara Signature with shared limit. I am planning to pay for new car with these cards. Limit was increased 3 months back but still much less than what I need to pay. What would be the best approach to contact Axis Bank? Please share your opinions.
I will share with you my own experience:
Went to buy a pre owned car (Had VI Card, cost of car was 6.5Lacs, card limit was 3Lacs).
Made a swipe of INR 2.5 lacs, got a call from Axis for verification, done.
Immediately made complete payment through Cred. Limit available was INR3.0 lacs again.
Tried another swipe of INR2.5 Lacs, declined by card.
Tried again, smaller amount of 1 lac, approved.
Got an email that due to suspicious transaction, my card is blocked. Took them 3 days to unblock card, and could make rest of payment only after that (1lac I did from SBI Air India Signature).

So although you can do it, but it may be a big hassle.

sidp

TF Ace
I will share with you my own experience:
Went to buy a pre owned car (Had VI Card, cost of car was 6.5Lacs, card limit was 3Lacs).
Made a swipe of INR 2.5 lacs, got a call from Axis for verification, done.
Immediately made complete payment through Cred. Limit available was INR3.0 lacs again.
Tried another swipe of INR2.5 Lacs, declined by card.
Tried again, smaller amount of 1 lac, approved.
Got an email that due to suspicious transaction, my card is blocked. Took them 3 days to unblock card, and could make rest of payment only after that (1lac I did from SBI Air India Signature).

So although you can do it, but it may be a big hassle.
Sbi /bob/pnb are cool like that.

Infinia has NPSL - No preset limit which can enable the over-limit facility up to 50% of the available limit and you can gladly spend 10L for your car. Base RP has no cap unless the merchant is registered under grocery, insurance, etc. where the base RP is capped at 2,000 in a calendar month.