• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indian credit card usage for yearly subscription on international website

xylo101

TF Buzz
Hi All

I am trying to use my credit card to pay on an international website for a yearly subscription, however the payment seems to be getting failed.
I have international transactions (online payment) enabled and set required limit but still unable to make this payment. (the portal only takes CC/DB for payment)

I know there was some RBI guideline couple of years which impacted these transactions, is this still an issue?
Any suggestions on how this can be resolved?

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
It is still an issue on sites where there are not enough users from India. So, such sites don't want to upgrade their tech to fit into the RBI guidelines. You can't do anything.

If you have a cousin or friend living in a foreign country, ask them to subscribe using your email. You can compensate them later when they are in India.

What site is it?

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Hi All

I am trying to use my credit card to pay on an international website for a yearly subscription, however the payment seems to be getting failed.
I have international transactions (online payment) enabled and set required limit but still unable to make this payment. (the portal only takes CC/DB for payment)

I know there was some RBI guideline couple of years which impacted these transactions, is this still an issue?
Any suggestions on how this can be resolved?
If they accept intermediary like PayPal or Google Pay (not Indian Google Pay, there is separate one for global, but accepts Indian cards), or something like that in third Party Payment Gateway, then you can use that. That can work.