• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Incorrect credit limit of HDFC CC in CIBIL report

adityanatu

TF Buzz
Recently got hdfc credit card with 45k limit , today i checked my credit report on onescore app , it shows 25k limit. How can i rectify that ? While reporting on cibil website it ask for control no ?
Also on cred which shows Equifax report , it is not showing my amazon cc which is there in onescore app from 3-4 months. How can i solve this ?

Solution
Recently got hdfc credit card with 45k limit , today i checked my credit report on onescore app , it shows 25k limit. How can i rectify that ? While reporting on cibil website it ask for control no ?
Also on cred which shows Equifax report , it is not showing my amazon cc which is there in onescore app from 3-4 months. How can i solve this ?
1. HDFC doesn't report actual credit limit but only the max utilized credit limit. So if used it upto 25K, only 25K will show in credit reports not 45K.

2. Bureaus can take upto 6 months to reflect changes. Still you can try raising a dispute through this:

3. Yes, you should mention last 4 digits of your card.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Cred shows equifax report?

TF Ace
TF Family
1. HDFC doesn't report actual credit limit but only the max utilized credit limit. So if used it upto 25K, only 25K will show in credit reports not 45K.

2. Bureaus can take upto 6 months to reflect changes. Still you can try raising a dispute through this:

Last edited:
Solution

rjsudeep

TF Premier
Simple, HDFC shows only max utilization.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

So is it advisable to keep my 1 expenditure very high on HDFC CC so that it will be set as limit?
Asking because my card just got upgraded . 😅
How to get best out of worst in this situation?

rjsudeep

TF Premier
So is it advisable to keep my 1 expenditure very high on HDFC CC so that it will be set as limit?
Honestly, I don't think it matters much. Use it as much as you require it, and you should be good to go.

TF Ace
TF Family
Yup do good amount of spending for once, I did the same. It will normalize the credit utilization for future spends. It might impact your credit score for once if you don't have multiple cards with good credit limit. Also don't clear the outstanding till month end (as HDFC reports at month end).

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yup do good amount of spending for once, I did the same. It will normalize the credit utilization for future spends. It might impact your credit score for once if you don't have multiple cards with good credit limit. Also don't clear the outstanding till month end (as HDFC reports at month end).
I only have 1 cc as of now that is HDFC. I have applied for one more card and hoping it to have a good limit.
Shall I wait for that card and then do a lumsum spend on my HDFC card? 😅
Or is it the first spend that matters here with HDFC?
Because i got it last month only and HDFC might have reported the spend around 31st Aug.

TF Ace
TF Family
I only have 1 cc as of now that is HDFC. I have applied for one more card and hoping it to have a good limit.
Shall I wait for that card and then do a lumsum spend on my HDFC card? 😅
Or is it the first spend that matters here with HDFC?
Because i got it last month only and HDFC might have reported the spend around 31st Aug.
In that case you should wait until both CCs show up on the credit report. After that do the spend on HDFC CC (doesn't need to be the first spend).

adityanatu

TF Buzz

Thank you sir , but i have used about 35-36k to meet ltf spend criteria? But they reported only 25k , is it because of early payment ?