• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income tax payment using credit cards

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This. I cashed out some stocks, so there will be LTCG gains. I missed the Sep 15 deadline for advance payment, but should pick it up again and pay some tax.

Does anyone know which CC to use for Tax? I have HDFC Diners Black, BoB Eterna, and ICICI platinum, Axis Myzone, SBI Cashback (not LTF) etc.
All LTF so I don't need to fulfill spend targets, just looking for max cashback.
In case of income from other sources, you will need to pay IT + Penalty + Interest, as you have delayed payment on extra income you got via interest on savings/FD, equity, dividend, etc. So, if you pay Advance Tax, you will not be charged penalty + interest.

Last edited:

aay001

TF Premier
This. I cashed out some stocks, so there will be LTCG gains. I missed the Sep 15 deadline for advance payment, but should pick it up again and pay some tax.

Does anyone know which CC to use for Tax? I have HDFC Diners Black, BoB Eterna, and ICICI platinum, Axis Myzone, SBI Cashback etc.
All LTF so I don't need to fulfill spend targets, just looking for max cashback.
SBI Cashback gives 1% for this, have verified. All other should give regular reward rate. Eterna or DCB should be ideally used.
My suggestion would be - you can do a small amount transaction and see the reward and do rest accordingly.

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes new portal. It has tax payment option after you log in and also on homepage. E-Pay Tax is the option.
1. will this portal provide challan details, bsr no etc like nsdl. i need that details to fill advance tax paid details on sites like cleartax
2. also, can we use this to pay last year tax? i have a fine to pay from late filing

aay001

TF Premier
1. will this portal provide challan details, bsr no etc like nsdl. i need that details to fill advance tax paid details on sites like cleartax
2. also, can we use this to pay last year tax? i have a fine to pay from late filing
1. Yes you get all details, acknowledgment slip and also these details reflect next day on your form 26as.
2. Yes, I see there are many option to select as major head/minor head and also to select previous Assessment years

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
SBI Cashback gives 1% for this, have verified. All other should give regular reward rate. Eterna or DCB should be ideally used.
My suggestion would be - you can do a small amount transaction and see the reward and do rest accordingly.
Good point. I'l try Eterna and DCB one by one, and then see which works best.

arjunking

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Eterna has a cap of 5000 reward points per month. Is there any other card with equally good reward rate for credit card payment?