• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income tax expectations thread

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Actually breakeven point is 3.75 Lakhs of exemption. Especially if you can claim LTA and Home loan, old regime becomes more beneficial even with revised changes

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Actually breakeven point is 3.75 Lakhs of exemption. Especially if you can claim LTA and Home loan, old regime becomes more beneficial even with revised changes
3.75L is for non-salaried and below 15L. For salaried above 15.5L, 4.25L is limit, as standard deduction also gets applicable.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
What’s the split for 4.25?
Is this included std 50k deduct
No.

4.25 includes all exemption in old regime that is not in new - 80c, 80ccd, 80d, hra, housing loan, LTA etc.

Employer nps, employer pf, standard deduction etc are common in both and not part of 4.25L.

Edit: Seems i was wrong a little bit. Standard deduction is part of 4.25L actually.

Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the split
Post April i will come under 15+ fixed apart from variables so hopefully planning to opt for new regime 😊
No.

4.25 includes all exemption in old regime that is not in new - 80c, 80ccd, 80d, hra, housing loan, LTA etc.

Employer nps, employer pf, standard deduction etc are common in both and not part of 4.25L.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Here is the link I found on Old vs New regime Tax calculations. As per this calculator, breakeven still comes at 3.75L of exemption post all standard deductions. Which means, Old regime is better if you can claim more than 3.75L deductions post 15L income also

Please check as per your income levels and then decide.

bugmenot

TF Ace
This is really a simple solution. It has deductions and exemptions breakeven for salary range from 7L to 5Cr

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Whatever the govt move but making new regime as default is the clever trick since there’s no strong opposition to them in next yr elections
Generations used 80c to save tax but now by default it gone and one have to choose from employer to save tax by 80c which Many employees will miss sure

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
in new scheme, you dont need to block 50k every year in NPS till 60 years and then get poor annuity returns.
Annuity is deal dampener, but the option to put in amount in equity kind of compensates to some extent. Hopefully it will be tweaked further.