• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income Tax Challan not reflecting on 26AS

Manoj Pant

TF Premier
I deposited Self Assessment Tax Online Challan under Pay now option of ITR e-filing portal, amount deducted from debit card but that tax amount still not reflecting in my 26AS or AIS even after 20 days.What to do now? Can I file ITR by filling challan details or I have to wait for 26AS update?

Manoj Pant

TF Premier
If you deposited after April 1, did you check the AIS for current FY (FY2023-24)?
Yes you are right Chalan is showing in AIS of current FY( A.Y 2024-25) but reflecting A.Y. as 2023-24( which is right) but same not updated in 26AS of any year and e filling prefilled tax paid data. What to do now?

REDDYT

TF Buzz
Yes you are right Chalan is showing in AIS of current FY( A.Y 2024-25) but reflecting A.Y. as 2023-24( which is right) but same not updated in 26AS of any year and e filling prefilled tax paid data. What to do now?
The income tax department on its e-filing website said, “From AY 2023-24 onwards, Form 26 AS display only TDS/TCS data. Other taxes like advance tax, Self-assessment tax, refund, etc would be available in Annual Information Statement (AIS).”

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst