• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Select to Wealth upgrade

EnthuCC

TF Select
Hi, I have IDFC savings bank account under Select banking program.

I learned in this forum that if one can deposit 10L+ in savings account then it can be upgraded to Wealth account. Can anyone tell me for how long one needs to deposit 10L+ fund to get eligible for the upgrade for existing Select customers?

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It's been weeks I've transferred my fund there. I contacted my RM to request to upgrade. He said that bank requires MAB of last 3 months to be eligible.

I reminded him my long connection with the bank and he said he will ask his superior about it. It's been a week he hasn't provided any update.

Is he bluffing about 3 months eligibility criteria?

If not there is there any way to negotiate with them?
It’s a bluff. go to branch and talk to bm

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It's been weeks I've transferred my fund there. I contacted my RM to request to upgrade. He said that bank requires MAB of last 3 months to be eligible.

I reminded him my long connection with the bank and he said he will ask his superior about it. It's been a week he hasn't provided any update.

One thing u can do is
Keep 5 lakh from 30th of this month and wait for 5th of next month
U r mab will be 5+ lakh for month
Then u can ask your rm to raise request this might work too.

As immediate fund might not seen in system as mab or amb

kn0w1

TF Buzz
I had over 10L AMB for several months but there was no auto-upgrade and there was no RM assigned either.

I just raised a ticket from the website and someone from the branch called and upgraded the account to Wealth.

I thought I wouldn’t use this account much but they are the only ones offering 7.25% over 10L which is more than what you would get from all big bank FDs due to which it has become my primary account now.

Also merger of IDFC with IDFC First also makes the bank quite safer going forward.

Random123

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had over 10L AMB for several months but there was no auto-upgrade and there was no RM assigned either.

I just raised a ticket from the website and someone from the branch called and upgraded the account to Wealth.

I thought I wouldn’t use this account much but they are the only ones offering 7.25% over 10L which is more than what you would get from all big bank FDs due to which it has become my primary account now.

Also merger of IDFC with IDFC First also makes the bank quite safer going forward.
Thanks for sharing. Am in similar boat and will try the same. Can you please let us know where did you raise a ticket from ? I could find https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/customer-care-sr/raise-a-request?cat=savingscurrentaccount. Is this the one ?

EnthuCC

TF Select
One thing u can do is
Keep 5 lakh from 30th of this month and wait for 5th of next month
U r mab will be 5+ lakh for month
Then u can ask your rm to raise request this might work too.

As immediate fund might not seen in system as mab or amb
It's been reflecting in app from the beginning of May.
Can you send me the link from where you raised the ticket to the proper department?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It's been reflecting in app from the beginning of May.

Can you send me the link from where you raised the ticket to the proper department?
Just raise a complaint that u need rm or call from branch regarding the same

Branch will call & see if u pre qualified they will send link asap & u will be done in few minutes

Is your account more than 3 months ?

|V|

TF Buzz
I received the Wealth account welcome kit. It says 1000 reward points for the first transaction on the debit card.
Any idea what's this reward about ? What transaction are allowed and if this offer is still valid ?

I didn't think anything as such when searching online.

EnthuCC

TF Select
Update:

Yesterday I raised a ticket from their website but didn't receive any acknowledgement email or SMS. I complained on Twitter and told them that their social media support was superficial and didn't like how RM wasn't helping me.

Their social media support team called me and I mentioned them that I'd like to receive a call from BM.

I later received call, however it wasn't BM. When I asked the lady on phone what was her position in the bank she replied she was senior of my RM.

She denied to upgrade my account to Wealth program. She insisted that it was the bank's policy that they'd require funds to remain in account for minimum 3 months. I reminded her my long partnership with the bank and requested for an exception as I had always maintained 3L+ funds in it. But she didn't agree.

She said if I'd do some investments then she could do something about it.

It's been a month I've parked my money there.

What should I do now?
Is there any other way?

Last edited:

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
Update:

Yesterday I raised a ticket from their website but didn't receive any acknowledgement email or SMS. I complained on Twitter and told them that their social media support was superficial and didn't like how RM wasn't helping me.

Their social media support team called me and I mentioned them that I'd like to receive a call from BM.

I later received call, however it wasn't BM. When I asked the lady on phone what was her position in the bank she replied she was senior of my RM.

She denied to upgrade my account to Wealth program. She insisted that it was the bank's policy that they'd require funds to remain in account for minimum 3 months. I reminded her my long partnership with the bank and requested for an exception as I had always maintained 3L+ funds in it. But she didn't agree.

What should I do now?
Is there any other way?
my suggestion is to close the acc., goto another branch ask for new Select acc with 3L IP.

they'll say 5L initially, do bargaining they'll agree with 3L (mention your old branch name say they offered that, but didnt like the branch or some bs).

rinse & repeat until u succeed.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Update:

What should I do now?
Is there any other way?
She is speaking 🗣️ lines of doc .

Most of them are I'll informed.

What u looking in wealth did u exhaust 30k points in a month

theflash

TF Premier

I've added 10L in account and asked RM to raise request he did it today will update once the account is upgraded successfully.

My call got transferred due to my RM being on other call, to some other RM he told me QAB of 10L is required but it can be done on Fund deposit as by RM taking seniors approvals. As I have Select my RM told he could mange getting those approvals lets see.