• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC credit card - Delete pending online application

Post number 1 has been selected as best answer.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Hi all,

I found a way to delete the pending online application in IDFC First credit card.

This can be used by people who have entered their DOB, mobile number and got the OTP. After entering the OTP, if you had selected the card details, it will show you which card you are eligible for. In most cases, if you are WOW card, you will be disappointed.

But after that, how many ever times you try, you will always see WOW card itself. You would not be able to changes it unless you give a different mobile number.

For this problem,
Call IDFC customer care (1800 10 888), connect to the credit card department, and ask them to cancel the pending CC application. They will raise a request and it will be canceled in 5 working days. You will get an email and SMS confirmation. After that, you can apply for a new variant with the same mobile number itself.

They told me over the phone that this facility is available only via phone. They don't take cancellation requests by mail. and they told I will be able to select a new card after 5 days (that is, after this application request is cancelled).

Just wait for 5 days and try again. Hope this helps.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
There is no option to connect to credit card department in the IVR.
It is there, today also I tried. Follow this sequence -
1, Select Language
2. Enter your mobile number.
3. Choose option 1: service-related query
4. Choose option 6: More about other products
5. Choose option 2: other services

After this, the call will be connected to the executive. Tell that you have a problem with your credit card application.
They will connect to the credit card department.

Visith

TF Buzz
1, Select Language

After this, the call will be connected to the executive. Tell that you have a problem with your credit card application.
I an unable to apply for any of IDFC Bank credit cards for past 6 months. I started with one application in the month of June which i did not pursue till the end of the process since i was offered only WoW card. As a result now I keep getting error as attached Can someone guide me how to proceed in this scenario to reapply? Looks like IVR options have got changed now so unable to reach customer care executive as well

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45 KB · Views: 12

cardio_guy

TF Ace
I an unable to apply for any of IDFC Bank credit cards for past 6 months. I started with one application in the month of June which i did not pursue till the end of the process since i was offered only WoW card. As a result now I keep getting error as attached Can someone guide me how to proceed in this scenario to reapply? Looks like IVR options have got changed now so unable to reach customer care executive as well
This is the end point. I also reached here after applying 7 times. Now they replied - they can't do anything. Just need to wait. I don't know why these people do like this to me. :(
I think we need to wait for a few months, let the cibil score update for some months cooling off period and then try later. I have left it anyways

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I found a way to delete the pending online application in IDFC First credit card.

This can be used by people who have entered their DOB, mobile number and got the OTP. After entering the OTP, if you had selected the card details, it will show you which card you are eligible for. In most cases, if you are WOW card, you will be disappointed.

But after that, how many ever times you try, you will always see WOW card itself. You would not be able to changes it unless you give a different mobile number.

For this problem,
Call IDFC customer care (1800 10 888), connect to the credit card department, and ask them to cancel the pending CC application. They will raise a request and it will be canceled in 5 working days. You will get an email and SMS confirmation. After that, you can apply for a new variant with the same mobile number itself.

They told me over the phone that this facility is available only via phone. They don't take cancellation requests by mail. and they told I will be able to select a new card after 5 days (that is, after this application request is cancelled).

Just wait for 5 days and try again. Hope this helps.
Bro you deserve this 🏅 medal

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
1, Select Language

What if one has saving account & u can directly talk to executive

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, The exec who was talking told he has raised a request for this and will clear in 5 working days. Waiting for the confirmation sms or mail. Let's see.
Thanks for the workaround Op
No SMS or Mail will come I guess, I have done a week back and no confirmation from them.

But the pending application got deleted. Just try to fill in the details and if it proceeds it's deleted.

LordVoldemort

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No SMS or Mail will come I guess, I have done a week back and no confirmation from them.

But the pending application got deleted. Just try to fill in the details and if it proceeds it's deleted.
He also asked me to send the error message by mail, Did the exec ask you or did you send something

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Fed up of IDFC. After a lot of fights and talks, I made them delete my entire history, application details, PAN history etc. and I became NTB.
Now I applied fresh, again the same story - it pointed to wow card. Asked them to delete my application. I am at square one again. I will not go to IDFC ever. My god. These people are awesome.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Fed up of IDFC. After a lot of fights and talks, I made them delete my entire history, application details, PAN history etc. and I became NTB.
Now I applied fresh, again the same story - it pointed to wow card. Asked them to delete my application. I am at square one again. I will not go to IDFC ever. My god. These people are awesome.
Love this experience 😍😍