• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Credit Card Application Status Issue

ank_sh1

TF Premier
I applied for an IDFC First Select credit card yesterday evening and completed my VKYC this afternoon at 12:30. But when I track the application it still shows Application Initiated and option to initiate VKYC. That's why I am doubting if my VKYC has even been marked as completed by the IDFC agent side or not (She clearly mentioned that my VKYC has been completed).

I tried asking customer care but they say that it would take 7 working days to update the status, next question I asked how long it take to get the credit card approved, again he said 7 days. That's when I knew this person could not help me and came straight to Technofino.

Has anyone faced the same issue? if yes what was the timeline for you guys?

D₹V

TF Prestige
I applied for an IDFC First Select credit card yesterday evening and completed my VKYC this afternoon at 12:30. But when I track the application it still shows Application Initiated and option to initiate VKYC. That's why I am doubting if my VKYC has even been marked as completed by the IDFC agent side or not (She clearly mentioned that my VKYC has been completed).

I tried asking customer care but they say that it would take 7 working days to update the status, next question I asked how long it take to get the credit card approved, again he said 7 days. That's when I knew this person could not help me and came straight to Technofino.

Has anyone faced the same issue? if yes what was the timeline for you guys?
It'll take long time, just be patient now 😂.

ank_sh1

TF Premier
So today, a physical verification guy called me and came without any prior information, I was not home at that time and said I would reach in 30 minutes. He said okay and said would call later today, Nobody called yet. I am worried that they will reject in Verification, I have seen many such reports in this forum.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So today, a physical verification guy called me and came without any prior information, I was not home at that time and said I would reach in 30 minutes. He said okay and said would call later today, Nobody called yet. I am worried that they will reject in Verification, I have seen many such reports in this forum.
Call him , and ask when will come.

ank_sh1

TF Premier
IDFC is a crazy bank. After the Saturday thing, on Monday I got a call from the same number twice, which just rang for a second or two and was disconnected from the representative end. Monday, I again connected with customer care, they said that your VKYC is completed and does not require residential address verification. Also my status moved to Credit review from Application verification status.

Again today I received a message from IDFC saying that 'Dear Name, your credit card application no. *********** could not be verified. We will be holding your application for 3 more days. Please provide your complete residence address with landmark here https://idfcfr.in/link NO DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. Team IDFC FIRST Bank'

I have clicked on the link and updated the same address, hope they do verification this time.

Worst experience

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
IDFC is a crazy bank. After the Saturday thing, on Monday I got a call from the same number twice, which just rang for a second or two and was disconnected from the representative end. Monday, I again connected with customer care, they said that your VKYC is completed and does not require residential address verification. Also my status moved to Credit review from Application verification status.

Again today I received a message from IDFC saying that 'Dear Name, your credit card application no. *********** could not be verified. We will be holding your application for 3 more days. Please provide your complete residence address with landmark here https://idfcfr.in/link NO DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. Team IDFC FIRST Bank'

I have clicked on the link and updated the same address, hope they do verification this time.

Worst experience
These banks sometimes hire third parties to do home verification and I came to know that they will be paid by each visit.. so in turn these guys just call and sometimes without even coming will send a negative report. Hence the rejection..
If the application is reopened they will come again, be paid again for this visit..
It happened to me regarding AU banks twice, Now I stopped applying for AU bank CC

PRASHANTTHAKUR

TF Premier
Someone finally visited yesterday, and today card got approved, received the last 4 digits & customer ID.

Is there a way we can start using the card right away? I am able to login to the app & https://www.my.idfcfirstbank.com/login but not seeing card option there.
Download idfc first Bank application from PlayStore and login with your customer ID,
You can see virtual card on application.

Reactions: SSV

ank_sh1

TF Premier
Download idfc first Bank application from PlayStore and login with your customer ID,
You can see virtual card on application.
Yeah, I did the same; I was faster than the IDFC banking system here🤣. After receiving the mails, I logged in to their account, but there were no credit cards linked or option to connect; just my old closed loan account (Flipkart pay later) showed up there. The address and all the details were from the old KYC.
After 60-90 minutes, it was added there, the address was updated, and the credit card appeared. BTW got a decent limit of 3.46L 🎉

PRASHANTTHAKUR

TF Premier
Yeah, I did the same; I was faster than the IDFC banking system here🤣. After receiving the mails, I logged in to their account, but there were no credit cards linked or option to connect; just my old closed loan account (Flipkart pay later) showed up there. The address and all the details were from the old KYC.
After 60-90 minutes, it was added there, the address was updated, and the credit card appeared. BTW got a decent limit of 3.46L 🎉
Congratulations 🎉🎉
Badhaiyan
Balle balle😅😂😂

DISHANT

TF Select
VIP Lounge
what is cooling period for applying IDFC card. I have closed IDFC select card yesterday for low limit (for wealth upgrade). they have closed my card without any retention call. doesn't matter having 7 digit limit on cibil so will easily get new card. but when should i apply? within month or 6 months later.?

ank_sh1

TF Premier
For some bank, its 3 months but I guess 6 for IDFC. This is an assumption based on, asking me to wait 6 months before I reapply for the card again. They said 6 months but I applied after ~1.5 years and got it approved this time.
what is cooling period for applying IDFC card. I have closed IDFC select card yesterday for low limit (for wealth upgrade). they have closed my card without any retention call. doesn't matter having 7 digit limit on cibil so will easily get new card. but when should i apply? within month or 6 months later.?

sxchzy

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
i dont think there is a coldown period
an kiosk agent told me to close select cc and come the next day and they would try to process for wealth card is what he told me
not sure if he was just trying to reacch his targets

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Does idfc do physical verification ? For most of credit card? .
@S S V @sxchzy