• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI & Kotak Credit card Queries

Credit Karma

TF Premier
I'm thinking applying for basic card to move up the ladder. And upon reading some threads here, I came to know that Platinum is THE MOST BASIC card. Do suggest if there are any other cards than this one.

1. How do you suggest I move forward, if I chose to get unsecured ICICI Platinum credit card?
2. If I don't open ICICI account will they give me platinum credit card?
3. How ICICI physically verify customer details? Has anyone gone through this process?
4. In physical verification which address do they verify- permanant (i.e showing on aadhar, village address) or communication (rented property in Pune)? Or both?
5. Does opening a MINE account increase my chances of easy approval?
6. What should I submit as an income documents if they ask for it?

I also have a Kotak account for which they had given me a pre approved LTF offer for League card. But due to disputes with CIBIL I did not go for it.

Now what are the chances that Kotak will come with this same offer again?

Should I wait for Kotak's offer or open a new ICICI account and apply from there?
Help me out here

Last edited:
Solution
If you're worried about approval, you could get Platinum against FD now. Use that for a few months and then you should be able to get your Amazon Pay card more easily approved. It's not guaranteed, but my retired father got the Apay card instantly, without any income proof after using secured Platinum for a few months. So have many others.

Then, once you have your Apay card, you can close the secured platinum and use one of the methods on this forum to get any other ICICI card unsecured, including Platinum. But you would need an account for the FD, I think.

repertoire

TF Select
If you're worried about approval, you could get Platinum against FD now. Use that for a few months and then you should be able to get your Amazon Pay card more easily approved. It's not guaranteed, but my retired father got the Apay card instantly, without any income proof after using secured Platinum for a few months. So have many others.

Then, once you have your Apay card, you can close the secured platinum and use one of the methods on this forum to get any other ICICI card unsecured, including Platinum. But you would need an account for the FD, I think.

Solution

Credit Karma

TF Premier
If you're worried about approval, you could get Platinum against FD now. Use that for a few months and then you should be able to get your Amazon Pay card more easily approved. It's not guaranteed, but my retired father got the Apay card instantly, without any income proof after using secured Platinum for a few months. So have many others. Then, once you have your Apay card, you can close the secured platinum and use one of the methods on this forum to get any other ICICI card unsecured, including Platinum. But you would need an account for the FD, I think.

Thanks for the reply.

But I already have One Card secured card. I don't want to apply for another secured card. Platinum is the lowest level entry card, so I feel there shouldn't be any problem for me as well or should there?

I have seen people get 10-15k initial limits with little to no verification. I am wondering if this is still applicable in Aug 2022.

Have you gone through in-person verification of any sort from ICICI? What is it that they verify?

repertoire

TF Select
Thanks for the reply.

But I already have One Card secured card. I don't want to apply for another secured card. Platinum is the lowest level entry card, so I feel there shouldn't be any problem for me as well or should there?

I have seen people get 10-15k initial limits with little to no verification. I am wondering if this is still applicable in Aug 2022.

Have you gone through in-person verification of any sort from ICICI? What is it that they verify?
Yeah, I understand. It was a suggestion, and in the case where you get rejected after applying for any reason, you can always follow the method I said and still get your card. It will just take longer. I'm not sure about ICICI's process when you apply directly, they might ask for 1-2 years worth of ITRs to prove your income. If you haven't filed and can't provide it, then there is no alternative to prove income and you will most likely get rejected. But since this is a basic card, it's possible they won't ask.

Worst case scenario? You apply and get rejected, and have to wait for a bit to reapply. I got rejected several times by Axis for cards, but other than a temp hit to the CIBIL, it is fine. I suggest you try it, see if you get it, and report back.

In my and my father's case, we did not have any IPV, but that was for APay cards and we both have ICICI accounts.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
What is your CIBIL score?
Well, currently it's 706. But that's because there are multiple late payments wrongly reported. I'm working with the respective lenders to get them removed.

Once they remove those, my score will shoot up to its original 750+ level. Then only I'm planning to apply for a new card. Not before.

Edit
Although some wrong data still there in my credit report.
My current CIBIL is @720

Last edited:

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Yeah, I understand. It was a suggestion, and in the case where you get rejected after applying for any reason, you can always follow the method I said and still get your card. It will just take longer. I'm not sure about ICICI's process when you apply directly, they might ask for 1-2 years worth of ITRs to prove your income. If you haven't filed and can't provide it, then there is no alternative to prove income and you will most likely get rejected. But since this is a basic card, it's possible they won't ask.

Worst case scenario? You apply and get rejected, and have to wait for a bit to reapply. I got rejected several times by Axis for cards, but other than a temp hit to the CIBIL, it is fine. I suggest you try it, see if you get it, and report back.

In my and my father's case, we did not have any IPV, but that was for APay cards and we both have ICICI accounts.
Will surely do. 👍