• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Banned Me From Credit Cards

SaiyamK

TF Select
Hi Everyone,

I am writing to seek assistance with my recent experiences while applying for an ICICI credit card.

Despite holding a Salary Account with ICICI along with the Privilege tag, I have faced continuous rejections during the application process. I meticulously provide all necessary bank details and undergo Work Email Verification, yet the applications are instantly rejected.

Two years ago, I encountered a similar situation where my credit card application was initially approved and then subsequently rejected. In response, I raised a complaint with the RBI Ombudsman against ICICI Bank. I am now contemplating whether this incident led to my inclusion in some form of blacklist, preventing me from obtaining a credit card with ICICI.

I am seeking guidance on the appropriate course of action to address this issue. Should I refrain from further applications, or would it be advisable to directly communicate with ICICI Bank, seeking clarification on the reasons behind the rejections? Despite my attempts to obtain specific reasons through email communication, I have only received general responses which are -
We evaluate applications based on the following:
· The eligibility criteria of ICICI Bank
· The viability of the proposed purposes of the credit facility Track record of past borrowings by you (if any)
· An existing credit card application under process (if any)
· Your prior experience in respect of the proposed purpose and The regulatory and statutory provisions governing ICICI Bank.

ontherocks

TF Premier
Does your company have tie up with any other bank? If so, tell the branch manager that you will shift your privileged salary account to other bank if he doesn't manage to provide you a credit card.

sharma

TF Premier
Hi Everyone,

I am writing to seek assistance with my recent experiences while applying for an ICICI credit card.

Despite holding a Salary Account with ICICI along with the Privilege tag, I have faced continuous rejections during the application process. I meticulously provide all necessary bank details and undergo Work Email Verification, yet the applications are instantly rejected.

Two years ago, I encountered a similar situation where my credit card application was initially approved and then subsequently rejected. In response, I raised a complaint with the RBI Ombudsman against ICICI Bank. I am now contemplating whether this incident led to my inclusion in some form of blacklist, preventing me from obtaining a credit card with ICICI.

I am seeking guidance on the appropriate course of action to address this issue. Should I refrain from further applications, or would it be advisable to directly communicate with ICICI Bank, seeking clarification on the reasons behind the rejections? Despite my attempts to obtain specific reasons through email communication, I have only received general responses which are -
We evaluate applications based on the following:
· The eligibility criteria of ICICI Bank
· The viability of the proposed purposes of the credit facility Track record of past borrowings by you (if any)
· An existing credit card application under process (if any)
· Your prior experience in respect of the proposed purpose and The regulatory and statutory provisions governing ICICI Bank.
It's a glitch, even I faced same and then cc called me to take the application offline.
But I ignored as already cibil enquiry happened and I don't want to waste another

SaiyamK

TF Select
Thanks to all the suggestions everyone. Looking at all the feedback, one thing I found is common to try offline route one last time.
I will try going through that route and will update with the results and experience.

Thanks once again to all of you for taking time to understand my issue and replying with your suggestions to my thread.

suryatejad

TF Buzz
For the offers during festive season, and its true, ICICI is not for a daily use card.

They still rejected the application, and after several emails they only give me generic response attached. And looking at their history they never would tell me the exact reason.

Won't be able to share here, but my company has tie up with them. And my collegues managed to get their first credit card with them almost instantly, and me with 4 years of credit history and good card limits got rejected :(
Never applied Offline, will that make a difference? Since in online I do work email OTP verification so that should increase the chances.
In 2021 I was a newbie to credit cards, after getting flipkart CC without any credit history My first application was ICICI Amazon CC, with a credit score of 760 and 8 months history , ICICI rejected my application for Amazon pay CC on 2021 October. Since then I got 8 different banks CC but icici keep on rejected my application for 5 times. I used to apply every 6 months. A week back I applied again , but this time ICICI platinum chip CC instead Amazon pay CC, which is rejected again despite trying to apply for last 2+ years. Out of frustrating 2+years experience I wrote to ICICI on twitter DM, telling despite a good credit score of 780 and impeccable repayment history my applications are getting rejected without reason, they called me immediately but said a standard response. But they told me they taken note of my request. After 2 days I just gave a try again on Amazon pay card like Raja vikramaditya😆, this time my application approved within 3 mins with a limit of 1.6lakh , which is highest among all my existing cards. It feels good getting a card which was your first attempt but got it after several failures. I feel you can DM them on twitter, demand an explanation, it may help you accepted if you apply after couple of months if not immediately. Best of luck IMG-20240310-WA0015.jpg IMG-20240310-WA0014.jpg

Last edited: