• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Saving Account not opening- First Part

Which Part do you like most ?

• 1st Part

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 2nd Part

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd Part

• 4th Part

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rohit_

TF Premier
I opened a ‘Mine Zero Balance’ variant account with ICICI online in 2021. However, due to incomplete KYC, the account was closed two years ago. This was confirmed by ICICI customer care email and also by the branch.

On 9th April, I visited the nearest branch and they filled in all the details for a new Privilege Program Savings Account with a 1 Lakh cheque. Later, He visited my home for verification and also handed me an InstaKit. The employee told me that my account would be opened by the evening of the same day. After 24 hours, on 10th April, the same employee called me and took an Authentication Code over the phone. He mentioned that my account would be opened within an hour of providing the authentication code. But there has been no update since then. I raised a request on Twitter, but they have also been unable to help so far. 😔

The employee did mention one thing on 10th April. Five hours after the account was not opened, I called him. He mentioned something about the rejection due to the closure of the old account or KYC, and asked for the details of the old account number. He also confirmed that the old account was closed, but after that, there has been complete silence. I haven’t contacted him since then.

I have stopped my cheque and also informed them that if the account is opened, I will surely issue a new cheque. But for now, without any clarity, I will not do so.
Official Reply Email (Twitter Team):
With reference to your e-mail, we addressed your concern related to account opening, We informed you that, we have received a confirmation from team concern your account opening form rejected due to details mismatch.